24| The Kids. Pt1

-We're trapped inside a matrix, forced to play our hand

•••• •••• ••••

The next morning, Sully woke up to the smell of burnt food. She pushed herself out of Dustin's bed, which was surprisingly super comfortable and followed the unholy smell to the kitchen, where Steve stood trying to cook, in the same clothes he had on yesterday.

"Sup." She nodded towards the tall senior, standing close beside him and peering over his shoulder to look at the stove. "What is that?" She gasped out, before covering her nose so the burnt smell won't singe off any of her nose hair.

"It's breakfast." Steve rolled his eyes at the obvious answer, making Sully laugh.

"No, it's not." She shook her head, causing her blonde curls to fall from the sloppy ponytail she constructed late last night.

"I'm being serious, Sully." The dark-haired male looked at the small teen, "I made us breakfast." He smiled brightly.

"I know you were being serious, Steve." Sully moved around the kitchen and brought out the ingredients for tasty, homemade pancakes. "I'm letting you know that there is no way in hell in eating that. Nor, will I let the boys, or you, eat that. I wouldn't let the baby baby demogorgan eat that!" She deeply explained, before cracking open an egg into a bowl of flour.

Steve looked at his charred eggs, and almost threw up at the sight, and smell. He made a move to throw it out the in the trash, but Sully quickly shook her head at his pass.

"Go do that outside. That way the smell won't linger in here." Sully informed, before adding more baking soda into her mix.

Steve nodded his head and made his way outside to discard the eggs. When heading out, he past a groggy Dustin, who raised an eyebrow at the sight of a shameful Steve, and what looked like to the curly haired teen, burnt chicken.

"Why's Steve carrying burnt chicken?" Dustin rubbed his head as he sat across from the blonde, and watched her mix the pancake batter.

"Those were eggs." She lightly chuckled at the expression that formed on Dustin's face when hearing that.

"And he was seriously gonna feed us that?" He shuddered at the thought of having to scarf those eggs down.

"I honestly have no idea." She cringes as she could practically taste it in her mouth by just thinking about it. "What if we bit into it, and all we tasted was just ash?"

"That's horrible!" Dustin broke into a set of laughter, "I can't get the taste out of my mouth."

"Me, neither." Sully gagged, a large grin visible on her face.