10| Today.

-Today is the greatest day

•••• •••• ••••

Growing up, Sully did a lot of thinking. She would always try her hardest to behave and stay away from the principal's office, as it would make her parents happy, which was all she ever wanted. At a young age, she understood that their jobs were to shower her with love and affection, and in return, she should learn how to be appreciative of that, and nothing makes adults happier than well-behaved children. However, her plans of avoiding the principal's office was short lived when entering middle school, after her odd luck turned into bad luck.

Sully sat in the familiar plastic chairs in the main office, fidgeting under the stare of the school's receptionist, who glanced at her every minute with curiosity. As far as he knew, there had been no reports of anything breaking in classrooms, or a massive accident that was caused by one person, so he was curious why the blonde was waiting to be called into the office.

The minutes that were flying by, felt like hours, making Sully gnaw on her bottom lip, as she began to lightly kick the coffee table's leg. Right when she was starting to get into a certain rhythm, the vice principal walked out his office, laughing along to what one of the school's teacher said, before his eyes fell onto the girl he lectured two days ago.

"Ms. Tyrell?" Vice Principal Vaughn questioned, "What are you doing here?"

"Coach Manner sent me here. Use of inappropriate language." She slowly drew out, her words jumbled together as she brought her head down in shame.

"Shall we discuss this in a more private setting?" He motioned his hand towards his office, making the blonde slump with despair, as she began to regret every word that escaped her mouth with each step.

When entering the blue office, Sully glumly took her usual seat, and watched Vice Principal Vaughn with sad eyes, in hopes of gaining extra sympathy points. She made her eyes water and angled her face perfectly so that her eyes gleam with the light, but all she got from the older man was a stern expression.

"Let's make this quick. I have a lunch reservation in 30 minutes." Vice Principal Vaughn checked his golden watch before leaning back in his leather chair, "Why on earth would you use the kind of language you know will get your butt hauled into this dead and boring office?"

"I made a basket in basketball." Sully shrugged as if it was no big deal, but she could not contain the smile on her face.

"Really?" He took in her smile, but played along with being cool headed, "And how did that feel?"

"Eh." She scrunched her face up, and shook her head. "It was okay. I guess."

"Just okay?"