Two

Emerson

Ouch. My head is killing me. Like I think my brain is trying to make a escape.

I roll over in bed and realize that I was not at home. It was dark but I can tell this was not apartment, there's not enough colors for it to be my apartment.

Once my sight comes into focus I roll over and see that I was not in bed alone. A head full of blonde curls lays beside me under a pile of blankets.

"Shit" I whisper trying not to wake the stranger.

What in the hell happened last night?

I lay there and try to go through all of what I remembered. I remember my manager texting me after we watched the Blackhawks win the cup. He was invited to the after party and wanted me to go too. I remember driving to the bar and all of them arriving with the cup. Then that's when the drinks stared to add up and the rest is blurry.

The guy starts to stir next to me and I try to figure out what my next move is. Do I try to run out? Do I say hey? Do I tell him that he has a nice apartment? Hmmm, I wonder what I can get for breakfast?

Before I can say anything he opens his eyes and I try my best not to be awkward. He rubs his eyes before opening them again. They were this pretty blue that made this situation a little less shitty. His lips pull tight revealing a nice smile and I kinda liked waking up to that.

"Hey" I say softly and he smiles bigger.

"Hey" he laughs grabbing his head. He grabs a handful of curls as some memories from last night start to turn up. Glad to know I wasn't the only one going through it this morning.

He opens his eyes once more and they focus in on me. Then they turn real big as he shoots up a little in bed, his stare growing stronger.

"Holy fucking shit" he gasps and I laugh a little. Someone's awake now. "You're Emerson Knight. Light the actor, director, model Emerson" he pieces together and I nod.

"Yeah. And you're Patrick Kane, 2013 Stanley cup mvp and two time Stanley cup champion" I say.

"Wait, you know who I am" he asks a bit surprised.

"Yeah. I was born and raised in Chicago, I grew up watching the hawks and never really lost interest" I shrug. I look down to see that I just had a bra on and grab some covers to cover myself up.

"That's cool. Are you here to shoot a movie or something" he asks as he gets up. His abs start to tense and I swallow hard.

"Um kinda. I'm here to be home for a little bit, it's kinda like a staycation. Searching for some inspiration, a change of some sort" I shrug and he nods.

"So um... about last night" he starts and I blush.

"Yeah, that's not really like me. Usually I try to protect my image but I was happy and drunk and you were..." I trail off.

"I was what" he smirks.

"You were really cute" I finish and he smiles.

"Thanks" he says and I nod.

I hear my phone go off and I try to find it.

"You wouldn't happen to know where my phone is, would you" I ask.

"Yup. Here it is" he says tossing it to me. I catch my phone after he tosses it to me and look to see my phone blowing up.

"Um, what all did we do last night" I ask looking through all the messages.

"Your guess is as good as mine" he claims.

"That's anything but good" I mumble and he laughs.