Five

Emerson

"You have your own private jet" Patrick gasps as he boards the plane. I have princess in my arms as she begs to get down and explore the place.

"Yeah, it honestly saves money in the end. I need to be a lot of places and I don't have a lot of time to get there. This defiantly helps" I admit sitting down in a chair. He sits down across from me and smiles.

"This is so cool. The Blackhawks have their own plane but it's not this nice" he admits looking around.

"Do you want a drink" I offer as the flight attendant Lilly comes out with a tray of a variety of drinks. There was beer and water and tea and soda and even a Gatorade.

"Sure" he says taking a blue Gatorade and Lilly comes over to me.

"Hey Lil, hows the family" I ask taking a bottle of water and she smiles.

"We're good. Nicky loved the shoes you got him by the way" she says turning around to set down a extra water bottle for later. I go through so many of those I can practically hear the environment yelling at me.

"Did they fit him, because I wasn't sure" I admit.

"Yeah! They fit him perfectly" she nods.

"Perfect. Give my best to your family" I call out as she walks away.

"Of course" she yells back before she disappears.

"Are you friends with everyone who works for you" Patrick asks.

"I like to think that they work with me and not for me. The hair and make up people, set designers, co-actors, I'm nothing without them. Like in hockey, say I'm the goalie and I post a shut out every game, it doesn't matter what I I do if no one scores or if my defensemen don't bail me out every once in a while" I explain.

"You see yourself as a goalie" he laughs.

"I wouldn't imagine playing hockey in a million years. I don't know how you guys do it" I shake my head.

"Magic" he winks.

"Magic" I laugh.

Eventually the plane takes off and Patrick looks out the window watching life pass us by. Princess comes over and jumps in my lap. I pet her for a little as I try to figure this guy out. Then I figured I might as well just ask.

"So Patrick, what do I need to know about you as your fake girlfriend" I question.

"Oh wow, let me think. I'm originally from Buffalo, New York. I am the oldest of four, but my three younger siblings are all sisters and a huge pain in my ass. But I love them more than anything, I just can't tell them that. My favorite person in the world is my grandpa, he is my hero. I love him with all my heart, I do so much just so he's proud of me. He's getting sick but he's hanging in there. I love music and movies. A lot of my favorite movies have you in it so that's kinda cool. And I would be lying if I said I didn't at one time have a poster of you up in my room" he claims while turning red.

"It's amazing the number of guys who tell me that, like ones I don't even know" I laugh.

"Yeah, I can't really blame them" he insists. "So what about you. How did you become the beautiful and successful woman before me" he asks.

"A lot of sweat" I tease and he laughs. "Just kidding. I started real young. My manager has managed me since I was five. He started me off small, I did some kids shows and modeling kids clothes. My mom was kind of my second hand man, she was there through it all. My dad worked all day and all night to support me while my mom stayed hands on. That was the first team I've ever had, the best one if you ask me.

Then I got older and started to get more attention. Started to get small roles in movies as the cute daughter or quirky best friend. The modeling turned into nike and runway jobs. Eventually it turned into me wanting to produce some of the movies I act in. I went to college and got a degree in production and was able to grow into the three threat person I am now.

Although I'm only 24 I still feel the need to come home time to time. Hang out with my dad now that he's retired and takes care of my mom" I say.

"What's wrong with you mom" he asks and I sigh.

"She has Alzheimer's, and it's not good. She's off and on but sometimes when I go there she doesn't remember me. I'm a only child so it's not something I thought would affect me, like how do you forget your only child? But that disease is terrible and shows no mercy. It couldn't have happened to a better person" I say softly.

"Hey, it's going to be okay" he says placing a hand over mine that was resting on my leg. "My Grandpa has it too" he says and I look at him.

"Really" I ask.

"Yeah. And he has his days but I know his good days are so good. I'm sure your mom could never completely forget someone like you" he assures me and I smile.

"Thanks. You know, I haven't told anyone that. Not even my best friend" I admit.

"Well I'm happy you confided in me" he claims.

"Why" I ask. 

"Even though were not actually together you still mean something to me. I want this to be easy and it'll be easier if we confide in each other, even if it's just as friends" he explains and I nod. Okay, I can do that.

We spend the rest of the flight laughing our asses off about anything and everything. I tell him my embarrassing encounters with famous people and he tells me of his adventures throughout the best cities in the nhl.

We arrive in Hollywood around 3 in the afternoon. We had a few days before the premier and I planned on showing Patrick around so he doesn't feel so lost.

After we drop my dog and other stuff off at the hotel I take him to Hollywood blvd because where else would we start?

"You know, I've been in California so many times before and I've never been to Hollywood blvd" he admits.

"It's not much, kinda like Michigan's ave back home but with a much better sidewalk" I explain and he laughs.

"When are you getting your star" he asks.

"At least before I'm 28. I have a few more movies I want to produce and star in. Maybe model overseas or for a charity or two. Do something good with my life before I get a star" I claim.

"You have some big ambitions" he noticed.

"There are no limits as to what we can do. The limits we have are the ones we set for ourselves. Do you know how many people told me that I cannot produce and act in movies in my twenties? Literally everyone did, but I knew I could. I know this business is hard, I've met some not so nice people and people say these terrible things about me. But the true test is what I think of me" I insist.

"And what do you think of yourself" he asks.

"That I don't have to be like every other famous person. I don't need a lot to be happy, I already have a lot more than I will ask for. But I'm not going to spend all my money on cars or use my fame to voice my political views. I'm not going to do something stupid then pay someone off to keep them quiet. If I make a mistake, and trust me I make plenty, the only way to fix it is to own up to it" I defend.

"And what if people find out this is fake" he wonders.

"I'll tell them at least I got a really cool friend out of it" I smile.