Fifty

Cassidy

The Blackhawks stumble through the first round of the playoffs against the preds. They beat them four games to two and that sounds pretty easy, but trust me, it wasn't. Patrick was honestly just happy to be out there. He had a pretty good series and most importantly he had no issues with his collar bone.

And while the guys were practicing to take on the wild in the second round us ladies decided to have a little brunch and get away for a hour or so. No kids and no husbands, just good people, good food, and good times.

"We should do this more often" Crawford's girlfriend Kristy insists.

"We really do. I miss just being me for once instead of a mother or a wife" Elina admits.

"God, you guys are making me feel like I'm going down the wrong path" I chuckle only half kidding.

"It's not bad. There is a lot more good than bad in this lifestyle. But you just want a break sometimes, you know" Dayna asks.

"I do know. I myself am on a break, which seems to be just as busy as when I'm working. But it's more focused on me and Patrick and-" I stop.

"And what" Lindsey asks.

"Umm" I start until the waiter brings out food over. I let out a sigh of relief as they pass out the salads and sandwiches and the girls thank the nice man for bringing us our food and helping them forget their questions.

"Are you sure you don't want a margarita? You usually have like five by now" Dayna insists looking at my water.

"Nope. Don't need the calories" I claim and she looks right through me. She wasn't buying it and I guess I've been out of acting so long I was losing my touch.

"What's really going on" she asks and I sigh.

"Alright. I'll tell you guys because I haven't told anyone else and I know if it gets out it your fault. And if this gets out I'm killing you all" I glare as I look around the table.

"You sound life you're in the mafia" Lindsey insists.

"I'm being so serious. I will seriously lose it if any of you guys say anything. Even to your husbands or boyfriends or whatever."

"We won't say anything" Kirsty assures me and I nod.

"Okay. I... am pregnant" I announce and everything stops. No one eats or drinks but they look at me, or through me.

"No fucking way" Elina squeals.

"Yes way. I found out the same day Patrick got released" I explain.

"He doesn't know" Kristy asks.

"Nope. Not even my parents. Just me and my doctor and now you guys" I sigh. That felt great to get out, I hated holding that in.

"How come you haven't told Patrick yet" Dayna questions.

"Because he was so excited to get back to playing hockey again. I know I'm a distraction more times that he will ever admit. I don't want to take away from what he's doing. You should have seen his face that day, nothing could make him happier. Not even finding out he's a dad" I insist.

"I have a hard time believing that" Kristy says.

"Yeah, I gotta agree with Krist on this on. I've known Patrick his whole nhl career. He spent many a days at my house and he has kind of adopted our kids as his own" Abbey explains.

"I know he's going to be a great father. He takes care of me in ways that I can't even put into words. He's a beautiful soul who is very protective and loving. But he's also very competitive. Hockey is his thing and I hate when I interject into it" I defend.

"Sweetie, he's marrying you. He wants to travel the world with you and show you things you've never seen before. I helped him plan the honeymooon and honestly I was jealous. He has these crazy plans for you and eventually your child. I promise he won't be upset" Abbey insists.

"I know he won't be upset. But he's not in the right state of mind to start planning for a kid. As soon as the season is over I will tell him. But I don't need the media throwing stupid stuff out there and I don't need him getting all flustered" I explain.

"You have a point" Lindsey admits.

"How are you going to tell him" Kristy wonders.

"Hopefully I can tell him after he wins the cup. Then I can make something cute to reveal to him. If not it'll just ease the pain" I shrug.

"How far along are you" Elina wonders.

"About a month" I nod.

"Well that's exciting. Congratulations" she replies.

"Thank you" I smile.

After a refreshing brunch with my girls I drive home. Patrick was already there and probably napping on the couch.

Low and behold I find him passed out on the couch with princess in her bed by him. She thinks she's a guard dog, but the only protecting she can do is against a mouse. Maybe.

I drop my things off and decide to join him. I carefully lay on top of him so I don't irritate his collarbone. His long eyelashes slowly open revealing his crystal blue eyes. Once they focus on me he smiles bright. He wraps his large arms around me and I cuddle in between him and the couch.

"How was your lunch" he asks.

"It was good. We had some nice conversations and relaxed for once" I explain. "How was your practice" I wonder.

"Good. Honestly just feels great every time I'm back on that ice. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I went back" he admits.

"Well you look great out there" I insist.

"I look great everywhere" he claims and I roll my eyes.

"I'm being serious pat. I missed watching you play, you look like you belong on the ice" I explain.

"I know I do. And every second I'm not on the ice I belong next to you" he claims and I look at him, I mean really look at him.

"When do you want to have kids" I ask with a shaky voice. Asking questions like that is dangerous, and I can feel the throw up rising in my throat.

"Now would be nice" he admits and I look at him weird.

"Really" I ask.

"Yeah. I mean you're on a break and I'm not going to stop paying hockey until I'm 50. Might as well be now so we can be those parents who have a bunch of fun with their kids" he explains. "Why do you ask" he wonders.

"Just asking" I smile.