Fifty four

Patrick

Emerson and I spend the rest of the week messing around at the community center and helping people around. I spent most of my time at the ice and she walked around and made sure everything was gong smoothly. The hawks already have volunteer hours set up for the players and all the other sports teams were begging to get it. It was a huge hit for the city, there was so many kids there we almost need a second building. And they were all so excited to be in that building making friends and trying out new things that they probably wouldn't be able to do otherwise. So many people don't do sports because they couldn't afford it or never have a chance to try them and now they do.

Amongst all of that I almost forgot that we had a wedding and award show to attend. So we quickly pack a few suit cases to head to California. Since the wedding and award show was so close to each other we were just going to stay in Emerson's house she has out there for about a week. It was more of a bachelor pad but would be more than sufficient for what we wanted.

We load her private jet up with our things and of course her dog before taking off. A few short hours later we land and get taken to her house. We unpack and get settled in before we had to get ready for the Emmys.

Emerson lays her dress out on the bed and I smile big. I walk over to her and stand behind her. I warp my arms around her and rest them on her chest. She wraps her finger around my forearm before resting her head back on my chest. I kiss the side of her head and catch a glimpse of her perfect smile.

"Is it bad I don't even know what awards I'm up for" she asks.

"Best motion picture, best leading role in a motion picture... and cutest couple" I say and she turns to me.

"That's not a option" she claims.

"Nope, because we already won" I say and she giggles.

"I think so too" she admits.

She pulls on the dress and her friend comes over to do her hair and makeup. I get changed into my suit and we were ready to hit the red carpet.

I was a lot more comfortable this time around and a lot more confident

I was a lot more comfortable this time around and a lot more confident. I was cracking jokes and I didn't look at the cameras but past them.

We get to the entertainment tonight stand and they insist we both came up there.

"Emerson! You look amazing. Are you sure you're pregnant" they ask.

"I lost my breath walking up here so what does that tell you" she jokes.

"Well you look amazing. And so do you Patrick" they say.

"Thanks. Gotta at least try to look even half as good as Emmy here" I smirk and she rolls her eyes.

"So it seems like you guys are in the honeymoon phase before you even get married here in a few days" the lady says into the microphone before holding it to Emerson.

"My life is the honeymoon phase. Anything can be blissfully excellent if you make it to be. Even when things seem bad there's good in every day, sometimes you just need to look harder" Emerson shrugs.

"Of all the things you guys have gone through so far this year, what has been your favorite" the lady asks.

"Probably when they won the cup and telling Patrick he's going to be a Dad right after. That was such a great night with some great people" she admits.

"Are you guys ready for your wedding" the woman asks.

"Is that a trick question" I shoot back and we all laugh.

"Not at all, but it what most people around here are talking about. Many people here today will be attending" they defend.

"If everything turns out the way it plans it will be perfect. But not everything will turn out right and I don't want a perfect wedding. I want a fun one so honestly I'm just hoping to fit in my dress and no one throws up on the dance floor" she admits and I start cracking up. There is so many reasons I love this woman and each day they only grow.

"Well we wish you guys the best of luck tonight and on your wedding night and every night after that" the woman says.

"Thanks. It was nice talking to you" I say and I step down. I help Emerson down before snaking my arm around her again. We make it down the whole red carpet with only three f-bombs dropped between the two of us. And not to brag, but two of them were from her and not me.

We find our seats in the venue to set out stuff down  and I follow her around while she says hi to literally everyone. I don't understand how she knows this many people. I mean guys come and go on our team and I'm lucky if I even remember their nickname. And here Emerson is calling every person in sight by their names and I once again was impressed.

I meet some of her friends and a few of them that was invited to the reception that I haven't met yet. The wedding itself was kind of small and intimant. But the party after was full of athletes and actors and actresses and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

Finally we get to sit down as they start the show. By the end of the night Emerson had two trophy's to take back home.

"We should get a trophy room back home" she claims.

"To put all of my trophies in" I tease.

"Hey! Mine too" she puts.

"I know, I'm just teasing you. Congrats baby, you did great" I reply before kissing her cheek.

"Well thank you. Now I can close another chapter on this storybook I call life" she claims.

"And what's next" I ask her.

"Next... we get married" she smiles.