Forty Eight

Cassidy

"What are we doing today" Patrick asks as he sits across from me at the island. His food was already on a plate ready for him.

"Wouldn't you like to know" I smirk and he raises his eyebrows.

"You're trying to pull off a surprise again" he asks.

"Yeah" I admit.

"Remember what happened last time" he teases.

"You mean the time you were being a total ass hole and purposely figured out my surprise for you before I even got up that morning" I recall. "Yeah... I remember" I pout.

"I'm sorry. I promise I won't ruin it this time. What do I need to do" he asks crossing his hands over the counter like a proper school boy.

"What's the catch" I ask a bit skeptical as to why he was being so nice.

"What makes you think there's a catch? Can't I just be a good fiancé" he questions.

"You? No you cannot" I insist and he laughs.

"I'm throwing you a bone. You gotta at least work with me" he claims and I roll my eyes.

"Fine. You just need to be dressed comfortable by noon" I instruct.

"I have-" he starts.

"Physical therapy. I know you do. But we're going somewhere nice for physical therapy today" I explain.

"Are you saying I need to get out of the house" he teases.

"No. But I have watched you sit on your ass more than usual so a little physical workout outside the city won't kill you" I insist.

After we bicker some more he changes into some joggers and a t shirt. It was mid March and he was a month out of surgery. He was doing impact things now but still just stretching bands and weights and such. But nothing I can't help him do.

I get him to the car and we drive a little outside the city. We pull up to a little airport and he turns to me pretty confused.

"We're getting on Billy" he asks.

"Please stop calling my plane billy" I laugh.

"Well you won't name it" he argues.

"Because when I do it gets a stupid name... like billy" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Fine" he grunts sitting down in his chair. I take his phone from him and close the blinds. He turns to me questionably and I put my finger up.

"No questions" I insist and he sighs.

We enjoy some mostly friendly games of foosball before landing at our destination. I gather the backpacks I had packed and hand him one.

We walk off the plane and he immediately knew where we are.

"Oh my god, you didn't" he gasps.

"You don't even know why we're here" I insist.

"I grew up here, I'm sure I'm sure you can figure it out" he says.

"Yes, we are in buffalo New York. But you will never guess why" I insist.

"I can try" he smirks.

"Please don't" I beg.

"Fine. But only because you asked so nicely."

We jump into a rental car and I drive into town. Memories of the last time I was here flash by and I smile. I haven't been here since the summer when we spent a week at Patrick's house and went to the beach and messed around like two reckless kids. But I've had some very fond memories in this town and I think it's awesome how they've adopted Patrick like their own. And I was about to prove that.