Nine

Emerson

"I've never been in this part of New York" I admit as we pull up to a nice sized house where we will be staying for a few days. Patrick insisted we'd stay here and says I'll figure out why later.

"It's pretty small, not a lot goes on here in Buffalo. I mean we have the Bills and the Sabres but other than that it's pretty chill" he explains and I nod.

Patrick and I have been "together" for over a month now and I have to admit, we were getting pretty good at this. He's always up to doing the silly things I have to do and I was actually kind of excited to meet his family. They sounded pretty cool and like they like to have a lot of fun.

We get our things into his house he keeps back home and he even let me bring Princess with me. She goes out to scope things out and I look around. It reminds me a lot of his place back in Chicago.

"Okay, so the cup comes into town tomorrow then we'll have it for two days. My mom is in charge of all the cup festivities so I'll have to ask her what that plan is" he explains.

"So everyone get the Stanley cup for a day? Is that sanitary" I ask.

"Well the cup has been swimming in a pool with Mario Lemieux and in a lake named after Toews so I'm going to go with it's as clean as it could be" he claims and I laugh.

"I wish I would have known that before I drank out of it" I joke.

After stopping off at his place we go to his family's house. We walk up tot he door and I have to admit, I was a little nervous. I didn't need them to like me, but I kinda wanted them to.

He knocks on the door before returning to my side.

"You nervous" he asks.

"A little" I admit.

He reaches over and grabs my hand. He laces his fingers through mine before smiling down at me. This is the first time we've held hands and not in front of the camera. It felt sincere and really nice.

The door opens and who I presume is his mother stands there with a wide smile and her hands wide open.

"Oh Patrick! I've missed you so" she says pulling him into a hug.

"What do you mean? I've been here the whole time" a older guy I presume is his father says coming into the doorframe.

"Oh, now is not the time for the Patrick jokes. We have a guest" his mom says smiling at me. She had the same smile Patrick did, it made me smile too.

"Mom and Dad, this is my girlfriend Emerson. Emmy, this is my mom Donna and Dad Pat Sr" he introduces. I give them both a hug and we greet each other before coming inside.

"Can I just say I'm a huge fan of your work" Donna says to me and I see Patrick turn red.

"Thank you" I smile.

"When Patrick said you guys were together I thought you were way out of his league but you guys are actually really cute together" she continues and Patrick tries to hide his face in his hands.

"Mom" he grunts causing me to giggle.

"Well I think have a pretty amazing son" I admit.

"Thanks. We're pretty proud of him" she nods.

"Where's my sisters" Patrick wonders

"Out back setting up for tomorrow" Pat Sr explains.

"You want to meet them" Patrick asks.

"Heck Yeah" I agree. He grabs my hand once again and pulls me to the back.

There I see three girls decorating a table. Patrick clears his throat and they all turn to us. One of them gasps and one stays frozen in her spot. The last one drops her jaw and I just give a little wave with my free hand that Patrick wasn't holding.

"I told you those pictures weren't photoshopped" one says and I laugh a little.

"Knock it off" Patrick warns as they come over.

"I'm sorry, it's just hard to believe someone like you would be interested in our brother" a blonde girl says to me and Patrick shoves her.

"Emerson, these lovely girls are my sisters. That's Jessica, Erica, and Jaqueline. Girls, you know who this is" he introduces.

"Of course, it's a pleasure to meet you" the girl I now know as Jaqueline says.

"You guys too. Do you need help setting up" I ask and they look around.

"Sure" Jessica shrugs.

We go over to the tables and finish putting on the table cloths. I help them tie balloons to the chairs and put little Stanley cup centerpieces on the tables.

"So, how did our brother trick you into being with you" Erica asks and I laugh. I see him glare at her and I try to hide my smile

"We were drunk" I admit and she laughs.

"That sounds about right. But you're still here so obviously he's doing something right" she claims.

"He's actually really sweet. You guys probably know better than anyone that he's super funny and kind. I don't have a single complaint about him. I don't know, he's just someone I like being around a lot" I shrug.

"Yeah, he's pretty soft" she admits.

"Can we please talk about something that isn't me" Patrick whines.

"Okay. So Emerson, tell us. Do you anything fun coming up" Jessica asks me.

"Not really. I fly to Paris next month for a modeling gig and a few more photo shoots. I gotta finish up a few things for a movie coming out next year that I co-produced and I might audition for a movie or two. I'm trying to pull back a little and figure myself out" I explain.

"Well it was nice of you to come to this. I'm sure it means a lot to Patrick and it is really cool to hang out with you" Jaqueline says.

"Way to keep your cool" Patrick mumbles.

"It's a honor to be here really. It's cool that the players get to share this with their family" I smile.

"It is pretty sweet, isn't it" Erica agrees.

We finish up outside and head back in. I follow Erica into the kitchen and find Patrick's mom Donna there.

"Wow, that smells amazing" I say inhaling deeply. I missed homemade food.

"It's for supper. Nothing but comfort food" she says.

"I might need two plates" I admit and she looks at me.

"It doesn't look like you could fit two plates" she claims.

"Oh trust me, there's few things I love in this world than food. And that looks incridible" I admit.

"Well thank you sweetie" she smiles.

I grab a water and go into the living room where they were picking out movies.

"Is it weird seeing yourself on tv" Jessica asks picking up a copy of Pitch Perfect. I did that movie along with bridesmaids and even got to be Black Widow in the marvel movies which is my favorite. Those ones I watched be produced so I could get degree and it was so cool. Those guys were a thrill to watch and even if I play the secretary or a side part or something it's still cool.

"A little. But now that I'm into producing I see it from that standpoint too" I admit.

"How about we watch Batman" Patrick asks.

"Wow... real shocker" Erica teases.

"It's a classic" he defends.

"There's nothing classic about a movie you've seen a million times" she argues.

"I've never seen it" I say and Patrick gasps.

"Okay, maybe you're not perfect" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Come on. I've seen almost every other movie" I defend.

"But not the best movie" he argues. "We're watching it" he announces and his sisters groan. They put the movies back and he puts Batman in. He returns to the couch and sits next to me. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me close. I smile up at him as he smiles back.

This crazy idea is starting to turn into a wonderful one.