Forty

Emerson

We were close to closing the movie out and decide to have a team dinner at the hotel. This is a hard business, but it's made easier when everyone likes each other. We don't have to help each other, but it certainly helps.

So we gather around one big table and talk to each other. No costumes or lines or having to act like other people. We can be ourselves and find out about each other. Talk about life back home or future marvel movie spin offs.

I sat in the middle of the table surrounded by people I have come to love. It was hard to come here, I guess it was actually hard to leave, but I'm glad I did. These were good wholesome people who are so good at this job and I learned a lot from them and the producers. I got some cool scrapes and bruises to tell stories and memories that will last a lifetime. Even if I was sworn to secrecy a few times.

"You know, if you don't wear your iron man suit to the wedding then Patrick is going to be really sad" I mention as I sip on wine. There was a seriously terrible ratio of men to woman on this set, but I didn't mind. I go home and am around hockey players most of the time anyway, at least these people act like they're grown. But Robert Downey Jr was one of my favorites, ever since the second iron man movie, and he was great company to be in.

"Only if you wear your uniform to mine" he counters.

"Sure, which which one of your weddings am I invited too" I tease and he rolls his eyes.

"You're so mean to me" he pouts.

"I've been stuck with you grown men acting extremely immature for the past month. My sarcasm is self defense at this point" I defend.

"Okay, I guess we haven't been making your job easy have we" he asks.

"Are you kidding me? Yesterday Chris put a actual snake in my trailer because he wanted to see if I would kill it myself or call him for help" I pout.

"In your defense you saved that snakes life" he laughs.

"Meanwhile I'm scared to go to the bathroom because every time I open the toilet I think there's going to be a snake in there" I frown.

"Well on his behalf, I'm sorry" he tries.

"I'm not sorry" Chris yells and I show him my favorite finger. "Love you too" he yells and I roll my eyes.

"Are you excited to get back home next week" Robert asks.

"Hell yeah. Chicago in the fall is so pretty and I'm sad I'm missing it. You'll have to come out sometime and I'll show you around" I offer.

"That would be cool. I've been a few times when I was passing through on a flight and always wanted to see the city" he admits.

"It's beautiful. I couldn't think of a better place to call home. Maybe we can even do shoot the puck at a Hawks game" I tease.

"You're not turning me into a Blackhawks fan" he insists.

"You know you want to love them" I smirk.

"Sure. Let's go with that" he laughs.

We finish our meals and head back to the hotel rooms. We were so close to being done and I was excited. To be a part of such a big movie with these huge stars being only 26 was so cool. These are people I look up to and watched growing up. These are the stories I read in comic books as a kid. To be the only major female role in this movie was important to me. I was happy to be a part of such a amazing movie.

I get back to my hotel and decide to take a shower. My hair was all gross from being in a wig all day and was begging to be washed.

I get out and change into PJs before heading to my phone. I see Patrick tries to face time me and I decide to callback before he started freaking out again.

He answers fairly quickly and his cute little face comes up on the screen.

"Hey baby" he smiles and I see he was holding princess like always. He loved that dog almost as much as me.

"Hey pat" I reply.

"How was your day" he asks.

"Pretty good. Just got out of the shower after we had a team dinner" I explain.

"Did you ask my question" he wonders.

"I did, and he'll wear the suit if you win the cup" I reply.

"Great. All I have to do is win the hardest trophy in sports to get iron man to come to my wedding. No big deal" he teases.

"Well when you put it that way" I giggle.

"When are you going to be home" he asks.

"Soon" I promise.

"Not soon enough" he complains.

"What? You're sad no one is there to make you food" I ask.

"Well that's part of it. It's also that I keep getting stuff about the wedding and I have no clue what any of this means. It's the fact that I play so much better when you're here and I miss coming home to you after a long game and just cuddling. I miss holding you, feeing your heart beat in time with mine. I miss looking into those impossibly green eyes and seeing our future together. I don't just miss what you give me or what you do for me. I miss everything about you and I just wish you were here" he admits.

"I miss you too. What are we going to do when I get back" I wonder.

"Well first of all we're going to celebrate your birthday" he claims.

"And what is that going to be" I ask.

"That's for me to know and you to find out" he claims.

"Fair enough. Then what" I ask.

"Then we get to look through the wedding catalogue and pick out food and cake for the wedding" he says.

"Are you still insistent on it being a Stanley cup cake" I tease.

"At least one of them has to be" he argues and I roll my eyes.

"Fine" I groan and I can hear him cheer.

"So you're almost home right" he asks and I shake my head.

"Still here Pat" I laugh.