Three

Emerson

I wake up in a much better condition this morning than I did the past one. I go down to the personal gym we had in the apartment complex and get a good work out in. I run on the treadmill for a while before hitting the weights. I usually had a personal trainer but he was out in LA and I had time to kill and calories to burn.

After my workout I take a shower letting my wavy hair take control. I change into a "I ❤️ Chicago" shirt and jean shorts before pulling on a pair of black nikes and throwing my hair up into a ponytail. I throw on some glasses and a hat so people won't recognize me and head to Starbucks.

There my best friend since third grade sat waiting for me. I slide in the booth across from her and I can feel her jumping up and down in her seat.

"Tell me everything" she squeals and I laugh.

"Only if you be quiet" I bargain and she lets out a deep breath.

"Okay, I'm clam" she claims.

I tell her of what I remember and she eats it up. Everything from what happened at the bar to when he texted me yesterday.

Then I tell her my manager Michael's idea and she looks at me weird.

"That doesn't sound like something you would do" she insists.

"I'm an actress, I can act like a girlfriend. This is nothing" I defend and she nods.

"Okay, you have a point. But I feel like you're gonna fall in love anyway" she insists.

"And why is that" I counter.

"Because he's cute" she says with a shimmy and I roll my eyes.

"There's a lot of cute guys in Chicago" I defend.

"And you had hot drunk sex with this one and now everyone in the news is shipping you guys" she explains.

"We'll drop the anchor because it's a fake ship that doesn't do so hot in open water" I say and she laughs.

"Mark my words Emmy, you're going to fall in love with him" she claims.

"Come on Nat, be realistic. This is even if he agrees to do it" I insist.

"He would be stupid not to" she claims.

"I am pretty cool huh" I joke and she throws her straw wrapper at me.

After we catch up some more it was noon and I shoot Patrick a text that I was on my way and he said he was at the apartment. I walk in and the front counter guy buzzed me up. I walk up to the door and knock. Patrick opens the door in a tight v neck shirt and a backwards cap. He smiles when he sees me and that made me smile too. Memories of that night start to come back and it made my knees weak.

"Come on in" he offers and I follow him in. I look around and it was just as I remembered. Including that killer view of the city.

"Thanks for not taking all my shit and online shopping with my cards" I laugh as he hands me my wallet.

"Of course. But if you get a indoor trampoline from amazon it's mine" he jokes. "Would you like a drink" he offers but I shake my head.

"No thank you. I just came back from drinks with my friend" I tell him and he nods.

"So I guess there's a lot of people who think we're together now" he starts and I laugh.

"Yeah, I've gotten some interesting things" I admit.

"Me too. I won the Stanley cup and according to most people that was even the coolest thing I did that night" he claims and I blush.

"About that..." I trail off.