Epilogue

Cassidy

Los Angelos, California

August 15th 2025

I walk down the red carpet for probably the hundredth time of my life. The flashes no longer bother me. People keep calling my name just praying I'll look into their camera. I try my best to catch them all but lord knows I can only do so much. The heels were killing my feet but I always wear them, we have a real love-hate relationship. I try not to trip over the dress as I continue my way down the carpet. I get to the end and finally stop. Patrick's hand around me pulls me closer as I easily fall into his embrace. I look up into his eyes and couldn't help but fall in love all over again.

"Can we get a interview with you" someone asks breaking me of my stare.

"Of course" I assure them.

"So who all do you have with you tonight" the nice lady asks and I look down at my beautiful children.

"Today we have Patrick Kane the Third, Elena, Thomas, and Cindy" I say as each kid waves when I say their names. They love the red carpets where they get all the attention they so desperately want.

"Sounds like you have your hands full" she laughs.

"Yeah, and that's just with this one" I joke nudging Patrick's shoulder.

"Heyyy" he pouts causing me to giggle.

"How surreal is it to be here" the lady asks.

"It's Pretty crazy. I didn't think anyone would want to make a movie about my life let alone watch it" I admit.

"You're a very incredible person if I do say so myself. I'm sure most of the things you wanted couldn't even be put in the movie" she insists.

"Defiantly not. The movie only covers from 2013-2015. It was the most important times of my life as a person and as a actress, but there's so much more to me than this movie" I insist.

"And what can we expect to get from this movie" she wonders.

"Nothing. I don't think anyone has a clue as to what this movie is going to be like. I get to live it every day and I still can't believe this is my life. That I can be this blessed."

"Was it weird to make a movie about you and not even be in it?"

"It was at first. To see someone relive some of my fondest memories was unusual. But the girl who plays me, Santana, she is so freaking good. She does a better impression of me than I do. She's so funny and super sweet and I loved working with her. She made me so proud."

"Why did you decide against playing yourself?"

"I thought it would be weird to try and replicate the feelings I felt with someone else that isn't Patrick. To try and get someone else to get across how we felt was hard enough, I'm not even sure I understand those feelings I had, but it would be impossible for me to try and do that again. I'm happy with how the movie turned out" I insist.

After a few more questions she lets me go. My family and I finish the red carpet and go into the screening room. All the actors and actresses from the movie were sitting in their seats as we wait to get started.

Not too long after that the title comes up on he screen and the words "Dirty Little Secret" pop up. The song plays as it fades out and into the first picture. It was Santana as me the night the hawks won the cup in 2013.

I was at my parents house watching the game with them. We had ourselves a little viewing party and I was ready to go home. That is until I get the text that changed my life. Michael had asked if I could meet him at a bar to celebrate winning the cup. I didn't know why it had to be that bar and why it had to be then but I was into it. I loved to go to the bars in Chicago and I had never been to the Pony Inn before that. So I went home and changed before heading to the bar. The windows were blackened and the security tight. I get in and find a real party. Not one of those they throw at modeling events where everyone acts like they're too good to drink. No, these people were celebrating and I sure as hell was going to celebrate.

And as the night wore on I felt a pair of eyes on me. A familiar feeling with how I had been in the spotlight since I was eight. But this time was different, I needed to know who these eyes belong to.

I can remember it like it was yesterday, even though it was about 12 years ago. The way his eyes sparkled when he saw me. Through all the alcohol and shots his man stood before me bright as day. Like a highlighted word on a page of black and white.

I didn't know it at the time, but that day was the turning point of my life. From then on I was writing my story, this same story that got turned into a movie.

Two hours and fifteen minutes later the movie was over. I got to live my life over again and laugh and cry throughout it. It was pretty accurate, of course some things were added in to make it more relatable but it was pretty spot on. A romantic comedy about a actress and a hockey player accidentally falling in love.

After the screening we fly home so we could get back to the house. I wasn't planning on being gone for long and there was flowers that needed watering and a pool that needed cleaning.

We arrive in Chicago pretty late, about 11 at night. I had one kid asleep in my arms and another in Patrick's. The other two trudge behind us slowly barley making it into the house. We get them to their respective rooms and tucked in. Each kid gets a kiss on the forehead before we let them be. Patrick joins me downstairs for some tea before bed and we can finally relax.

"What do you think people are going to say when they watch the movie and realize that we tricked them" he wonders.

"I'm not sure. That was 12 years ago. We have four kids and have been married for over ten years, it's obviously not a con anymore" I defend.

"Yeah, but I'm sure some people will be upset" he insists.

"They will be. But that's okay, as long as you love me I don't care" I admit.

"Then you will be more than okay" he assures me.

"Don't you think it's crazy what we did. Watching that movie out into perspective how crazy our life together has been" I sigh.

"It's been crazy, but I wouldn't change a second of any it. Through the ups and downs you have been and always will be the only thing I will need by my side. I love you so much Emmy" he insist.

"I love you too, Patrick."