Thirty Three

Emerson

Unfortunately for us, our time in Jamaica comes to a end after a week. We went no contact for the week we were there and with the screening for Maleficent being right as soon as we got back that made for a huge wake up call that we were back in real life.

But we make it to LA with time to spare and we catch up on sleep in the hotel room. I have to admit, it was nice to be away from cameras and stuff for a whole week, but I was excited to get back to the states and life as I know it.

After we slept all day it was time to get ready. No one really knew we got engaged. We didn't have our phones with us in Jamaica and we've been back in the states for like a day so it'll be interesting what people say when they see a ring on my finger. Whether people think it's just us messing around or if Patrick actually purposed.

I have my hair and makeup people come over because I was lazy and tired and they loved me. My dress hung up in the living room on the wall as I sit in a chair to do makeup first.

The girl who does my makeup is Rachel. She is a sweetheart and not that much older than me. She does my make up for most things because she was such a good friend of mine but she's based out of LA so she didn't usually come to Chicago for me. But every time I do something here she is my girl for sure.

"How was your vacation" she casually asks as she messed with my face.

"Great" I admit playing with the ring on my finger.

"Wait a second..." she trails off. "You guys got engaged" she asks Patrick who was watching tv with my hair dresser a few feet away. 

"Yup" I smile.

"Oh my god! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys" she claims.

"Thank you" I nod.

"Am I invited to the wedding" she asks as she fixes the makeup she had done.

"Of course" I insist.

She finishes me up and I get the same shit from my hair stylist. I try to tell him it literally happened four days ago which is why I haven't said anything but he didn't buy it. Then I told him that he was invited to the wedding and I wanted him to do my hair and he let it go.

After what feels like forever in that chair I pull my dress on. I was trying to stick with the whole Maleficent theme so a strong black dress would do it.

"Patrick! Are you ready" I yell out

"Patrick! Are you ready" I yell out. I couldn't find him in the living area and I was just in the bedroom so I wasn't sure where he could be. I go and check everywhere and he was nowhere to be found. "Patrick" I yell again and the door handle jiggles. The door opens and in walks my fiancé. He has a bunch of flowers in his hand and his face drops when he sees me.

"Damn. You usually take longer than that to get ready" he pouts.

"Do you want me to go back in the room and come back out again" I ask.

"It would be appreciated" he admits.

I march back into my room and wait a few seconds. I come back out and Patrick was standing there with a big smile and the same bouquet of flowers.

"Oh my goodness are those for me" I gasp over dramatically.

"Yeah, I picked them from the finest hotel garden" he jokes and I roll my eyes. He hands them to me and I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you Patrick, these are lovely" I admit.

"You are. You look great" he says before pulling me into a kiss.

"You don't look too bad yourself" I say dusting imaginary dirt off his shoulder. He was in a all black suit and looked mighty fine in it.

"Why thank you. I gotta look pretty for my lady" he claims.

"Well you look amazing" I assure him.

We make it to the red carpet and start our trek down. It was a really beautiful day in California and I couldn't wait to see the movie.

We barley made it to the first interviewer before I started getting heckled with questions.

"So you leave for a week then come back with a rock on your finger? What is that about" one asks.

"Thanks kinda what happens when your boyfriend purposes to you on vacation" I laugh.

"So it's true, you guys are going to get married" she asks.

"I sure hope so. I don't know what all comes with being engaged besides the fact that I am going to get married" I joke.

"Who all knows about this" she asks.

"Well it was no one. Then it was a few friends. Now it's you and whoever watches this" I list off.

"Not even your families" she asks.

"Nope. We flew from Jamaica straight to here. I'm honestly just offended you haven't asked about my tan" I joke.

"Well you guys look amazing. Congratulations to you two and we wish nothing but the best to a lot of people's favorite couple" she says.

"Aww that's so nice" I smile.

We move along and answer pretty much the same questions all regarding the engagement. News sure travels fast and apparently nothing else was happening in the world of entertainment to take the heat off of us.

We get to the last person who was a little bit more interested in the movie and what it is about.

"Why do you feel like this movie was good for you" he asks.

"I loved the story. I think Maleficent is misunderstood. People kinda have to feel bad for her when they figure out why she is the way she is. She's a lot like us, more than we know, and I like that this movie kinda made you think about that" I admit.

"How is she like you" he asks.

"She's pretty" I smirk and he laughs. "I'm totally joking. I think I'm like her in the sense that she kinda has a change of heart. She curses aurora with the true love kiss being the only antidote believing that there is no such thing after auroras Dad betrayed her. But she realizes that just because she has been hurt doesn't mean that love isn't real, it means only a few people posses the power to feel it. The one thing more powerful than Maleficent is Love. But nothing is more powerful than her love" I explain.

"So you're saying you found your love for Patrick within this movie" he asks.

"Being away defiantly helped me realize how strong love is. Patrick and I didn't want to... separate. But it had to be that way and it hurt. I'm not gonna lie. Doing this movie, all these emotions are real. My heart was hurting too. But like Maleficent, I found my happily ever after" I insist as I slip my hand in his. He smiles at me before squeezing my hand letting me know that he's got me.