Twenty Nine

Emerson

The Hawks regular season comes to a end and the post season was about to start up. They were looking to win the Stanley cup for the second year straight and I was looking forward to partying with it.

But until then we had a few free days of no practices or promos or anything were we can just be kids in the city again. Tonight was date night and a long awaited one. I never expected to have a normal relationship, but I also didn't expect it to be this hard either.

 I never expected to have a normal relationship, but I also didn't expect it to be this hard either

I change into my date night outfit and pull my hair back into a pony tail. I didn't feel like messing with it tonight but I did curl a few strands of hair for the hell of it.

I pull on my heels and grab my clutch before heading downstairs to meet Patrick.

"About damn time, I was about to take Princess to dinner" he claims and I roll my eyes.

"Please. You would love to bring Princess with us" I defend.

"Most nights, yes. But not tonight" he claims.

"Can you tell me where we are going now" I beg.

"Nope" he smirks and I roll my eyes. He pulls me into a kiss to shut me up and unfortunately it works. I stop asking about the date and follow him out to the car.

After a car ride full of singing and dancing and only running one stop sign we arrive at the docks. I smile big when we pull up besides the boats and see all of them sitting there. Surprisingly enough I have never never been in a boat. Depending on how this goes I should think about purchasing one.

"My lady" he says sticking his hand out as he helps me out the car.

"Wow, such a gentleman" I tease and he laughs. He wraps his arm around me as we walk to the boat.

A guy welcomes on and I smile big as Patrick safely helps me on. He pulls me to the other side of the boat and I find a table there.

"What is this" I ask.

"A dinner date. Lord knows if we would have gone somewhere in the city they would find us and it wouldn't be that intimate. So I decided we were gonna get away from it all for a little, just you and me" he says.

"But if I'm stuck with you on a boat how in the world am I supposed to get away from you" I joke.

"Looks like you're swimming" he says with a wink. Such a Butt Head he is.

We sit down and the boat guy takes us out to the lake. We drop anchor less than a mile off the shore. The sun sets on one side while the city burns bright on the other. The best of both worlds, kind of like this relationship. 

"So, What are your plans for the summer" Patrick asks me as we sit at the table.

"I don't know, I'm honestly kinda winging it. I'm hoping it's a short summer, one with a Stanley cup" I admit.

"Me too" he scoffs.

"But I have the Maleficent screening in August. I don't have any modeling gig scheduled for the summer but that doesn't mean there won't be one. I have the Avengers movie to do at the end of this year but that's only going to take me a month unless I produce which I'm not in line to do. But that's about it" I shrug.

"How about we go on a little trip, somewhere far away from here. No working or hockey or anything of the sort. Just you, and me, and probably your dog somewhere nice" he says.

"That sounds amazing" I smile. "Where are you thinking about going" I wonder.

"I don't know, somewhere romantic" he insists.

"Well we already went to Paris, what about Jamaica" I suggest.

"That would be really cool, they have some nice beaches and maybe we can go zip lining" he shrugs.

"I would love that" I admit. "Is there a real reason why you want to do this? Because wanting a get away doesn't explain a last minute trip to Jamaica" I insist.

"Kinda. But I can't tell you" he claims.

"Secrets don't make friends" I insist.

"Secrets make surprises" he claims.

"Touché" I admit.

There's a guy that comes out and brings two plates of food. I get salmon and asparagus because it's my favorite and Patrick gets steak and potatoes. We sip on wine and watch the sun disappear in the distance. The sky is soon filled with stars and I find myself getting lost in them.

"You know, when I was a little girl I secretly wanted to be a astronomer" I admit and Patrick raises his eyebrow.

"Really" he asks.

"Yeah, I was obsessed with outer space. I loved it so much, the fact that there was so much out there undiscovered. I mean, just think about it. Somewhere out there there's a place like this, there has to be. There's so much we don't know, but what we do know is that this place that we think is so big is really small. Just a little speck of the universe" I sigh.

"I've never thought about it" he admits.

"I do, all of the time. Sometimes it's all I think about. If there's another world out there like ours. I wonder if they breathe the same air we do and walk the same grounds as us. I wonder if they believe in each other, if they can trust total strangers and fall in love with never a worry about a broken heart" I question.

"Isn't that how you live anyway" he asks.

"That's how I want to see the world. I want people to believe that we would help each other, not hurt each other" I shrug.

"Have you ever had your heart broken" he wonders.

"Yeah, once when I was young. I was so naive and stupid, I didn't know what I was doing. But you couldn't tell me that. I thought I was untouchable, on top of the world secured and never able to fall. All of the sudden I was broken, thought I would never find a real love. I messed around and slept with guys who could love me for one night and never a minute more. I didn't think the love could last any longer and most nights it didn't" I admit.

"Except one night" he smirks.

"Except for one night where everything changed. I changed. I woke up and I was still in love and I know that out of all the worlds and all the universes, I would somehow find my way to you" I claim.

"I can't imagine it happening any other way" he smiles.

We finish dinner and have some dessert on the boat. We have cheesecake and the whole night was perfect.

Eventually I move to the side of the boat and lean over it. I look at my reflection in the water like the cities reflection and smile. Patrick appears in my reflection beside me and I smile.

"So how did I do for date night" he asks.

"You did amazing, I had a great time. I always do with you" I admit as I turn to him. He softly grabs my hips and pulls me into his side.

"I want to make you the happiest woman in the world" he claims.

"You're doing a pretty damn good job" I admit.

"Good" he says moving me foreword. He presses his lips to mine and all the things in the universe I was once so unsure of finally made sense.