Twenty Three

Emerson

Christmas morning both my family and Patrick's family came over to the house to celebrate the holiday. This is the first time my parents came over, they don't leave the house much but they insisted seeing the place and my mom was having a good day. And of course I was excited to see Patrick's sisters again and catch up. Plus it's always a pleasure to see Donna and Pat Sr. They even brought Patrick's Grandpa along. He was still pretty sick but he really wanted to come out for Christmas.

I change into my Christmas outfit I had set up and head into the kitchen

I change into my Christmas outfit I had set up and head into the kitchen. Most everything was preprepared so I just had to pop it in the oven.

Once I do that Patrick comes over and helps me set up. I bought a huge dining room table so everyone could fit and he had to set it up because I was clueless in that department. I was able to decorate the table with a pretty table runner and other Christmas decorations to it before calling it a day.

After a long morning I crash onto the couch and let out a long sigh. Patrick climbs on top causing me to laugh.

"What are you doing" I giggle.

"Anything to hear you laugh" he claims.

I wrap my arms around him as his hands rest by my head. He moves a piece of hair that had fallen on my face and stares into my eyes.

"It is so incredible how in love with you I am" he claims.

"How so" I wonder.

"My whole life there has only been two things I'm so sure of, and that's hockey and my family. Then you came into my life and you made it into a part of that inclusive club. But jokes on me, because it's going to go back down to two things, because one day you're going to be a part of my family" he smirks.

"Someone's pretty cocky that we're gonna get married" I tease.

"It's not called settling down if I'm marrying you" he insists.

"I am pretty fun huh" I smirk.

"You are a lot of things, and fun is one of them" he says.

"And what's the others" I challenge.

"You're incredibly intelligent which I find so sexy. If I have a my question I know I can ask you and you'll give me some type of answer. You're so fucking talented it blows my mind, no matter what it is you're going you're good at it. You're so incredibly beautiful, wether you're on the runway or chilling in bed, you're the prettiest thing I have ever seen. You're so nice it kind of concerns me sometimes. I've never heard someone say yes as many times as you have. Always stopping for pictures and autographs and you're up for anything. Those are just some of the things that come to mind" he claims

I immediately press my lips to his and he takes no time kissing me back. My fingers get tangled in his shirt as we make out for a little. Eventually we break apart and my eyes open slowly. I see him smiling down at me and that made me smile.

"What" I ask.

"I just really love you, that's all" he claims.

By noon everyone was in the house and had met each other. Patrick was mad because his sisters stole me away for a while but I kinda loved it. I never had any siblings and his sisters were a lot like him.

"I'm so happy you guys are back together" Erica admits.

"Me too" I laugh.

"So are you in Chicago for good" Jessica wonders.

"Pretty much. I know I'm doing the Victoria Secret fashion show coming up in January and a few other modeling things around here but that's about it. I'm not in line for any producing or acting for a while" I explain.

"That's so sweet. And if you got a extra ticket to the fashion show let me know" Jaqueline begs.

"I can pull some strings and I would love for you girls to be there with me. I think it would be a lot of fun" I smile.

"Really" Jaqueline squeals.

"Of course! We just might not tell your brother until we get there because he might kill me for bringing you guys" I laugh.

"Yeah... you're probably right" Erica agrees.

After we catch up for a little we sit around the dinner table full of home made food either made here or brought in. Donna traveled with a whole slow cooker of green bean casserole just because it's Patrick's favorite and I thought that was the cutest thing ever.

"So, how has everyone's holiday been" I ask as we make our plates.

"Good" Donna smiles.

"It's nice to be away from home for a while. This place is real nice" Pat. Sr adds on.

"Thank you. I can't wait to fill it up" I admit.

"With grandchildren" my dad says and I nearly drop the bowl of cranberry sauce I was holding.

"Dad" I gasp and he laughs.

"Just throwing it out there" he defends.

"Dear lord" I mumble and Patrick chuckles next to me.

We eat our plates and everyone goes in for seconds. After we were so full that we couldn't even think about taking another bite we move to the fireplace that I had put in and hand out presents. Everyone has huge smiles on their faces as they rip into their gifts and it made my heart happy. Christmas was the best time of the year and I was in love with it honestly. It brings people together and convinced them to give more than they usually would, it's beautiful really.

"Merry Christmas" Patrick says putting a bag in my lap. I smile up at him as he waits for me to open it.

I do so and let out a laugh. Inside the bad was a shirt with our faces on it. I was kissing his cheek as it snowed in the background and it was actually the cutest thing ever.

"Aww Patrick, this is adorable. I love it" I admit.

"It's so all the other guys stop hitting on you" he claims.

"Here" I say sliding the shirt on. I have Erica take a picture of me in it and post it to Instagram.

"First joint Christmas with the boyfriend and his family. Look what this cutie pie got me!"

"There, you happy" I ask shoving my phone in my pocket.

"Yeah but there's one more part of your gift" he claims.

"And what is that" I wonder.

"Open your hand" he instructs and I put it out there. He places something inside of it and I open my hand. I gasp when I reveal a beautiful ring in the shape of the crown.

"Patrick" I whisper.

"Look inside" he instructs. I turn it over and gasp.

"What does it say sweetie" my mom asks.

"You're my favorite story to tell" I sniffle. Patrick takes it out of my hand and slips it on my finger.

"Thanks for being a queen to me and taking me on these amazing adventures. Thanks for memories that I will look back on until I take my last breath. I love you" he says pulling me into a hug. Couples don't hug a lot but old habits die hard I guess. I dig my fingers into his back and stuff my face in his chest.

"I love you Patrick" I mumble.

"I love you too" he claims.