Eleven

Patrick

After a rejuvenating time in Buffalo Emerson and I come back to Chicago. It was time for me to kick training into high gear and she has a signing to do not too long after we got back.

Before I go to the gym for a workout I agree to meet Jonny for lunch. We meet at Panera and sit in the back so no one could see us.

"Hey man, long time no see" he says sitting across from me.

"Ain't that the truth" I smile. I really did miss him. I would never tell him that but it doesn't make it any less true.

"You look like you've been having yourself a summer" he claims.

"It's been pretty great. I've never been to Hollywood and it was fun to meet all those famous people and see where they live. And although the photo shoot was probably the farthest thing out of my comfort zone I got free clothes and I see myself randomly now which is kinda funny to me. Plus spending a day with the cup is never bad. And next I'm going to Paris for a few a week to watch Emerson walk the runway" I explain.

"Damn... I never thought I would be jealous of you" he jokes and I laugh.

"Everything isn't what you think it is" I admit.

"What do you mean" he questions.

"I can trust you... right" I ask.

"If you can't trust me then who can you" he asks. He had a point.

"Okay. Emerson and I aren't actually together. Her manager suggested we do a fake relationship for the media and we did it. Neither of us want to actually be in a relationship, being in our early twenty's and in such great places in our careers" I explain.

"Butt..." he trails off.

"But I think I'm getting feelings for her. I mean she is everything she is advertised to be and more. She doesn't just act, she helps produce and has these amazing ideas that takes even the simplest of things and makes them interesting. She's an amazing soul, she treats everyone with respect and vice versa. You can tell a lot about a person from what people say about her and I haven't heard one bad thing. She sees everyone as her friend and treats them as so. And she is so funny, I never stop laughing around her. I think I really like her but she makes it more than obvious that this relationship is fake" I explain.

"Just because the relationship is fake doesn't mean the feelings are" he says and I sigh.

"I don't know what to do. Usually when I screw a girl the next morning I don't even remember her name. But now I'm not thinking about partying and how many girls I can bang and being the worlds most popular hockey player. I want to know I make her happy, I want to hear her laugh, I want to hear her stories about being in Captain America and Avengers and stuff. When I'm with her it's never about me and I love it" I admit.

"Why don't you... oh I don't know... tell her how you feel" he suggests.

"Because I know she won't feel the same. I mean everyone jokes about her being out of my league but it's true. She is literally perfect" I defend.

"You got it bad" he notices.

"How do I fix this" I whine.

"This is a hard concept to try and wrap your tiny little brain around so listen and listen closely...

Fucking tell her how you feel" he nearly yells.

"It's not that easy! What am I supposed to say? I know you stress that what we have is fake and just for the cameras but I really like you. I stare not just because you're beautiful but because you're beautiful on the inside too. Sometimes I wish I could just kiss you and it actually mean something" I ask.