Fifty One

Cassidy

The Blackhawks continue to go through the playoffs defeating the wild in five games and Patrick getting into tip top playoff form. Next up they take on the Ducks in the western conference final which will be tough. That's a hard nosed hockey team who will do literally anything to win.

Until then I had a thing of my own to do. Although I don't like doing public things when the focus is on the team, I couldn't turn this one down, no matter how much it killed Patrick.

I was invited to throw out the first pitch at the Cubs game and sing the seventh inning stretch. Even meet some of the players from the 2015 team and get some tips.

"I can't believe I'm doing this" Patrick groans as he pulls on a cubs jersey. He lets out a large sigh once he looks down at the jersey he was wearing.

"Come on, you look great" I insist adjusting his jersey.

"This is torture" he groans as I mess around with him.

"How will I ever make it up to you" I tease.

"I have a idea" he smirks and I roll my eyes.

"And it's going to have to wait until after them game" I tell him and he lets out a huff.

"Fine" he mumbles.

I pull on a personalized jersey they had sent to me with "Knight" and "15" on the back. I pull on some black leggings and my favorite black nike shoes. I throw my wavy hair under a cubs hat and I was ready to go.

I drag Patrick to the field and buy him some ice cream so he would stop pouting. We head down to the field where they let us on. They take us to the dugout where some of the guys were chilling, eating sunflower seeds and talking away.

It's crazy how chill they were before the game. If this was the locker room before tomorrow nights game half of these dudes would be ready to kill someone.

"Hey! There she is" Anthony Rizzo says coming over to me.

I knew of most of the guys in the team. I was born and raised a cubs fan and they were actually pretty good this year. They have a lot of young guys who are exciting to watch. I catch a game when I can and I knew who everyone is. But Anthony is the only guy I've talked to.

I was messing around on Twitter the other day and said that I haven't been to a Cubs game for a while and Anthony jokingly shot back that I should throw out the first pitch at a game. Well, as it turns out only I was joking, he DM'd me later and asked which games I could do and we set this up. And now here we are.

"Hey Anthony! Nice to meet you" I smile.

"You too. And Patrick" Anthony says nodding his head to him.

"Hey" Patrick waves.

"Good luck with the Stanley cup. We're all rooting for you here" Anthony says pointing around the dugout.

"Thanks man. I'll have to bring it back here huh" Patrick asks.

"That would be sweet" Anthony admits.

Anthony introduced us to everyone and we sit around and talk. I end up talking to the manager because I'm a old soul deep down and I love what he's done with this team.

"You know your stuff" he admits and I shrug.

"I am my father's daughter" I admit.

"Is be a fan" he wonders.

"My dads first love is me and my mom. His second is this team" I explain.

"That's cool. I hope I can meet him some day" Joe admits.

"I promised to take him to every World Series game you guys are in while he is still alive" I tell him.

"Well it looks like I got some work to do" he smiles.

Eventually they go out to warm up and I chill with Patrick as we watch batting practice. They let him swing a few times and it becomes more than apparent that he should be holding a hockey stick and not a baseball bat.

He returns to my side and he was basically glowing. I could have sworn he was pregnant.

"We have a serious problem" he claims and I raise my eyebrow.

"It doesn't look like it. It looks like you're having a great time" I insist.

"That's the problem" he claims.

"How is that a problem" I counter.

"Because I'm a White Sox fan" he defends.

"Oh hush it. You'll be fine. You can like both teams. It's not like they're both national league. The Sox are American League so you're fine" I defend.

"I feel so dirty" he claims.

"You're being over dramatic" I insist.

"I think I'm dying" he says grabbing at his head like he's feeling ill.

"I can't believe it. I'm marrying a idiot" I tease and he glares at me. "Kidding" I say and he starts to frown.

"You're being mean" he pouts.

"I'm sorry" I say wrapping my arms around his chest. He wraps a arms around me as we watch the rest of batting practice.

Eventually it ends and it was my time to shine. I warm up a few pitches with Patrick along the sideline and I made it to the glove which was the most important part. I don't want to be the next celebrity first pitch to end up on sports center not top ten.

Finally it was time and I go out to the mound. Anthony goes behind the plate and squats down. I wave around the stadium before dialing in. I wind up and throw the ball down the hill and surprisingly enough it lands in Anthony glove, even I was impressed. He runs over to me and hands me the ball.

"You've got quite the arm" he admits.

"I work out with Patrick. It's a perk" I shrug.

I grab my fiancé and we find our seats by the dugout. I end up talking to the nice family next to me who had season tickets. Their son was seven and was in love with Patrick so they got along well. Watching his eyes light up when he was talking to the little boy made my heart full. I wasn't scared Patrick didn't want this kid, I was worried that the news of a kid on its way would be too much. But maybe I'm worried for no reason.

Eventually it comes time for the seventh inning stretch and I peel Patrick from his seat. He hates to admit it but he was having a good time and this team was actually really fun. It was a lot like the 2010 hawks team that was so young and so reckless.

We get up to the booth and they hand me a mic. Then they hand Patrick one too and he turns to me.

"You tricked me" he grunts.

"Oh come on. You're having a good time" I insist.

"Maybe" he smirks.

We sing the seventh inning stretch and they play a little video of Patrick up on the board. They wish him luck and he waves to the crowd.

"Okay, you broke me. I'm a cubs fan now" he admits as we walk back to our seats.

"That's more like it" I smile.