Six

Patrick

Today was the screening of The Great Gatsby and I have to say I'm a little nervous. Historically I don't do well in the spotlight and this is not my comfort zone. But this time if I mess up it doesn't just affect me but Emerson too.

I button up my suit in the hotel room and let out a sigh. I look in the mirror and admit that I looked nice. Emerson's people did a great job cleaning me up.

There's a knock on the door and I go to answer it. What I wasn't prepared for was what was going to be behind it.

"Holy fuck" I gasp as she gives the dress a little spin

"Holy fuck" I gasp as she gives the dress a little spin. Every curve on her body was hugged tight and I didn't think I would ever be jealous of a article of clothing until now.

"Do you like it" she asks.

"The dress is nice, but you in the dress, damn girl" I chuckle and she smiles.

"Thanks. It's nice to know something good comes from taking two hours to get ready" she laughs.

"On the bright side I don't have to try too hard to act like your boyfriend now" I tease.

"You aren't nervous, are you" she asks.

"A little" I admit.

"Don't be. These people are all bark and no bite. If they say something you don't like then you have the right to correct them. If you feel uncomfortable crack a joke, it works every time. And if you at all feel like you don't want to do this anymore let me know, I don't want you doing this if you don't want to" she insists.

"You're the best not girlfriend ever" I say and she shrugs.

"I try."

We take the limo out to the red carpet and we pull up to it. I get out and stay there to help Emmy get out too.

"What a gentleman" she teases.

"I try" I joke back and she laughs.

We start our decent on the red carpet and I swear to god this thing is forever long. My arm stays wrapped around her waist as she guides me to where we needed to go. We would take a few pictures then stop for a interview on the way. Then repeat that cycle the whole way down.

The flashes were a bit blinding so I look down at her. She looks up to me and I couldn't help but smile. She was really a great girl.

"I think my corneas burned" I admit and she giggles.

"You weren't actually looking at the cameras, were you" she asks.

"Well yeah, where else do you look" I wonder.

"Past them. Now you're not going to be able to watch the movie now" she jokes.

"All of this for nothing" I tease.