Thirty Two

Patrick

"Is now a bad time to mention that I've never been on a horse" I ask.

"Well were in Jamaica riding a horse in the ocean, So I would say yeah. Now is a bad time" Emerson laughs as my horse follows hers.

We had been here for a few days and it's mostly been us messing around in the resort. Playing in the pool or bowling or something quaint. But now the fun stuff starts and riding a horse in the ocean was never a dream of mine but now I would be upset if we didn't do it.

"How did you know about this" I ask her as we continue to trek through the waters. The horses walking at a good pace so that we can talk and still see everything.

"I've always wanted to do a photo shoot like this, I just don't know what I would be selling" she laughs.

"Porn" I shrug and she laughs.

"There's not a lot of things I wouldn't do, but porn is one of them" she claims.

"Why not? You would be great at it" I tease and she glares at me.

"Because I'm already famous so I don't need to do that" she claims.

"Ohhh someone's being shady" I laugh.

"No..." she trails off before cracking a smile. "Okay, Maybe a little" she admits.

We finish up our water horse tour and head into the city for a little. Naturally Emerson wanted to learn the culture and pick up some clothes to wear once she gets back. She was a history goon and everywhere we have been she is always asking about the culture. It's honestly one of my favorite things about her. It's easy to go to places and go to the places that are most like home because it's comfortable, but there's no fun in that. She knows about ten phrases in russian from when we went there for the Olympics and knows a lot of French too, I learned that from our time in Paris. She is such a exquisite person and it makes what I'm about to do that much harder.

"Where are we getting dinner at" she asks me as we chill in the hotel room.

"Someplace nice" is all I say.

"So I should make myself look good" she asks.

"What do you mean? You literally always look good" I insist.

"Thank you" she blushes and I smile.

I go and throw on a nice white shirt and black shorts. I style my hair for once and spray on some cologne. I wanted this night to be perfect and it was off to a good start.

I go into the commons area of the hotel room and make sure everything was set and ready for us while Emerson got ready. Everyone says everything is in place and ready for us when we get there and it calms some of the nerves I was experiencing.

Just as I get them under control they come right back. Emerson walks out and I feel the butterflies start to beat against my stomach. I felt like I was going to throw up or stop breathing or something.