Part 29

Khushi(murmured): I Love you!
Arnav: “I Love you too! And I promise very soon I’ll set everything alright and we’ll go far away from all this. Just us!” and he kissed on her head who smiled at him and wiping her own tears both left inside. That night Khushi caressed him to sleep in her lap promising to herself to support him in every step and share his every pain.

___________________

Next day Arnav and Khushi went to Gupta House to meet them as they were really worried after Payal informed them the happenings in RM and they desperately wanted to meet their daughter and see if she is fine.

Madhumati: Haaye re Nandkishore! I can’t believe Anjali bitiya can do this.
Garima: “You’re right Jiji. And how can elders let that happen?” she said caressing Khushi’s head as she was lying in that way to keep her head on her lap.
Madhumati: Arnav bitwa (son) if you feel it right then I think Garima and I should try to talk with your Nani (maternal grandmother) and Anjali bitiya (daughter)?

Arnav sighed moving his eyes from Khushi to Bua ji (Madhumati) “I don’t think so that’s a good idea and also I don’t feel there’s any use of it. Di (elder sister) have already made up her mind and she strongly believes that Abhi is my son. When she didn’t care about I leaving that house then I don’t think she’ll listen to anyone and therefore I request you to don’t even try as I don’t want anyone of you get hurt or insulted.” He completed making Bua ji and Garima to look at each other nervously before Garima started hesitant.

Garima: “Bitwa don’t mind but are you completely sure that Abhi is not your child?” Khushi sat up straight from her lying position to look at her Amma in shock “Amma (Mother) What are you saying? I already told you he is not…” Khushi started only to be interrupted by Garima. “I am sorry bitwa but as a mother I am just worried. It doesn’t mean that we don’t believe you from whatever we have been told those DNA reports was positive, so may be you were actually drunk and you yourself don’t remember. Don’t you think we should listen to everything that woman Sheetal has to say?”

Khushi (angrily): Amma!
Garima: “Keep quiet for a while Khushi.” She again looked at Arnav before continuing “I am not accusing you bitwa but I am just worried for my daughter’s future. Today we are believing that he is not your child and that woman is lying but if in future even you realize that Abhi is your child then where will my daughter stand in your life? Please forgive me if my words hurt you but please try to understand a mother’s concern.”

Arnav looked at Khushi who was looking between him and her mother, she looked anxious and angry. From the time this fiasco has started he is seeing a new Khushi who is ready to fight with anyone who dared to question their relation and accuse him and that is enough for him to fight with anyone. He looked at Garima and standing up from his place, he sat beside her and holds her hand “You don’t need to ask for forgiveness, I completely understand your concern and I can assure you that child is not mine. About those reports, it can be forged and I can prove it right now. That day I didn’t because I was just too hurt by my family’s trust over an outsider over me especially Di, therefore I didn’t saw any point in proving them anything when they have already concluded me a culprit.”

With his other hand he held Khushi’s hand “And about Khushi’s place in my life, well she doesn’t hold any place in my life.” Trio along with Shashi looked at him with wide eyes and he chuckles “Because Khushi herself is my life.”