Part 42 A

She smirked walking to kitchen and poured a glass of juice to drink "I am just waiting for the right time to strike but" she sighed "To make my plan work it is really important for Arnav to mellow down towards his family. I need to talk with Anjali and Manorma Raizada and start working on this plan soon." She smirked evilly while sipping on her juice.

_______________________________________

Next Day

Khushi was sitting on dining table all ready for the office and waiting for Arnav to start with their breakfast when she heard his footsteps. She turned to look at him with a smile but next moment her expressions turned of surprise looking at him dressed in white tee, blue distressed jeans and casual blazer instead of his usual three-piece suit.

"Good Morning wifey!" Arnav wished her taking his seat beside her and kissing on her forehead.

Khushi looked at him confusingly and her eyes fell on others who were also looking at Arnav in surprise because of his unusual appearance on a working day.

"Why are you dressed like this?" Khushi finally asked and Arnav turned to look at her with a questioning look. "I mean, are you planning to go office in these clothes, rather than your three piece suits today?" she explained further and Arnav smiled at her while filling his plate "Who said I am dressed up for office?"

Khushi looked at him confused before her expressions changed and she sighed "So, you're taking the day off from office?" Arnav nodded in no and continued to have his breakfast "Not only me but you're also taking off today."

"But why?" Khushi asked unable to take more suspense and Arnav looked at her with a smirk as he fed her breakfast himself which she haven't even touched till now. "Because my dear wifey, I am taking you out today."

"Why this sudden plan?" Khushi frowned.

"I just thought that we are here from so many days but either we are working in office or lying here in home. Don't you want to go around and explore how much the city have changed or meet your friends here, may be." He explained.

"Wow Bhai, I wish I and Payal could join you also but don't worry we won't poke our nose between you. But bhai, I'll be also taking off soon for spending time with Payal and Palak." Akash speaks, teasingly and Payal also joined him.

"Anytime Akash!" Arnav replied with smile.

"I don't think now meeting with any friend can be planned so sudden. I mean, we should have informed earlier." Khushi speaks with a smile and Arnav frowned "Crazy woman! When will you grow up? Do I have to speak everything aloud? I am trying to take you out here and you are busy in making excuses. I thought, you were feeling sad and missing everyone back in New York. I planned today's all day with you but..." He stopped looking at Khushi who was smiling widely.

"Really? You should have told me before Arnav ji, but no problem give me few minutes." She almost ran upstairs after saying this and few minutes later came back dressed in jeans, top and shrug.

" She almost ran upstairs after saying this and few minutes later came back dressed in jeans, top and shrug

"Let's go!" Khushi speaks looking at Arnav who was talking on phone and he signed her to wait. She started talking with Payal whereas other just looked at them unable to voice anything. Anjali was looking at only Arnav who was busy in ignoring her, Mami ji was looking at Khushi in awe because of her changed avatar and for Sheetal, she was looking at Khushi enviously. Few years back, she used to mock this woman for her looks and incapability of speaking in English etc but now that same woman has turned into a businesswoman, her fashion sense is now praiseworthy. She is wearing modern clothes and they were not even revealing still she is looking so beautiful.

Sheetal looks away unable to take of their romance when Arnav joined Khushi, hugging her sideways as the two couples laughed over something. She smirked as they left the house, now she can sigh in relief as both Khushi and Payal won't be here to torture her and now she can start with her plan also. She looked at Anjali who was limping towards kitchen to complete work along with Manorma and she followed them with an evil smirk.

_____________________________

Anjali and Manorma turned back with in confusion hearing the voice of someone sobbing when their eyes fell on Sheetal who was silently washing the utensils and her back towards them. They looked around but finding nothing they were going to turn around again when they heard another sob and realized it's coming from Sheetal. Manorma looked at her weirdly and Anjali limped towards her in concern.

"Sheetal ji! Why are you crying?" Anjali asked keeping hand on Sheetal's shoulder. "It's nothing Di, I accidently touched my eyes from hand which was full of soap's foam." She says it with fake sad expressions, smiling inwardly."Don't lie Sheetal ji, please tell me." Anjali asked again with concerned eyes and this time Sheetal hugged her instantly while crying bitterly making Anjali panic.

"I should have listened to Khushi years ago and left Abhi here with you all. At least you all have been together, my son would have his father beside him, ASR won't be acting as a stranger to all and Khushi won't have got the chance to make you all work like servants in your own house." She cried her crocodile tears in turn making Anjali's eyes also teary. She caressed Sheetal's back gulping her own tears "It's ok Sheetal ji, it's not your fault. Which mother can leave her child and go away? It was written on our fate and we can't change it."

"But it hurts Di, whenever I see ASR and Khushi together, acting romantically and supporting each other, it hurts. If circumstances have been different then it would have been me in the place of Khushi but when I was with ASR he always acted so indifferently and disgusted with the idea of marriage that I was scared to confide in him about my pregnancy. Khushi was right, if I didn't had courage that time then I shouldn't have came here with hope to see my son meeting his father years later." Sheetal wiped her tears turning away as she continued her emotional drama.

"I was hopelessly in love with ASR but I guess my love wasn't strong as Khushi otherwise ASR won't have denied to accept his own child in fear of losing his wife. I still had hope that at least if not father Abhi is getting his family and won't be alone anymore but again I proved as a bad mother also. I got so much busy in filling the space of ASR both professionally and personally that when I saw everything sinking, I started adopting wrong ways and walked on wrong path in desperateness to keep my son and this family secure financially at least but again I was left with nothing at the end." Sheetal cried as Anjali hugged her, crying herself.

"It's ok Sheetal ji, forget whatever happened. You realize that you took wrong routes is enough, you did everything for our family and that is enough reason to forgive you. About Chotte," She gulped the lump formed in her throat "he himself decided where his priorities lies and we couldn't force him in loving his own child if he himself don't care." Anjali whispered sadly. "But I don't want you guys to suffer anymore because of me. I think you should try to get close with ASR and make him realize that your intentions weren't wrong. Everything happened so sudden that you didn't realize it'll distance you guys."

To be continued...............

Precap: Arnav and Khushi enjoying their trip and Sheetal trying to change Anjali's mind.