Open it

I paused on the step, both of my feet firmly planted, unwilling to move. I stood like a freaking guard over Belle, daring her to defy my words. I would guard the passage down to Samuel with my life. That's how I felt. What was happening to me? She bowed her head gracefully, defeated, vulnerable, turned around and took the steps back in a rush. How I hated myself for turning into this. But, I couldn't help it. I sighed, angry at the changes in me.

Besides, it was highly inappropriate for her to be thinking of sex when the shadows were all over us.

That hadn't deterred me, had it? I pushed the rebellious thought aside, After all, I wasn't the Queen. I wasn't responsible for all these people. Yep, that was a sound logic. I liked it.

I looked down. The door was closed. What was he doing? Was he lying down, had he taken off his clothes? Did he like sleeping naked? I hoped not. Anyone could walk in. Belle could. And, seeing him like that would make it impossible not to.....He shouldn't be provoking such behavior amidst danger. He should behave. Damn it, I wouldn't think of him. His green eyes. His long eyelashes. His kissable full lips. His rock hard body. His scent. His blood. The list was endless. I took the stairs up. From the way it sounded, I was beating the steps rather than climbing them. I was frustrated. I was confused. I was also very hungry. All I could think was the blood I had refused to take from him.

I went to the second floor, opened the door of the guest room and threw myself on the bed. My eyes moved towards the window, I couldn't help but get up and close the curtains. Were they outside, were they looking at me right this minute? The thought was damn scary. I checked the windowsills for any gaps, I also turned on the light to look at possible cracks in the walls. I was becoming paranoid. I couldn't help it.

I closed my eyes. Sleep was my only salvation. By tomorrow, the hunger would be abated. Sleep would settle my stomach. I just had to get over the night. I shifted to my side, and then back at my back. Minutes trickled by, slowly dragging into hours as I looked at the ceiling, the time morphed into the count of my breaths, my rising, and falling chest, my beating heart. Time was frozen, endless, daunting, hanging like a series of suspended moments. I heard everything around me, the crawl of the bug on the wall as it dragged its hairy legs, the creak of the bed in the adjacent rooms as a restless body turned, the throbbing of my pulse ba-boom ba-boom, so loudly in my ears. Peace was elusive.

It was the exhaustion from chasing minutes which finally weighed my eyelids down. I woke up to the sound of the door opening. Suddenly appearing fangs. Hissing. Both were reflexive. Happening to me. Coming from me. Sleep clouded my awareness. Had shadows entered the room?

"That sound is not sexy at all," he said, exhausted.

I jumped in bed.

"Samuel?"

"Were you expecting somebody else? Marcello, maybe hmm? I doubt he exists in this reality."

"What are you doing here?" I asked. His scent had woken me up pretty quickly. A combination of cinnamon, lime, and blood oozing from him reminded me of everything I adored. The warmth of winter nights in front of a fireplace with a cup of tea in my hand. The lure of an exotic tropical garden. The taste of a sizzling apple pie with ice cream at the top.

My stomach protested against any further denial. My libido rose to attention, standing salute to the unexpected male presence. Not any male presence. But his.

"The sofa was very uncomfortable."

That was his explanation? "How did you know where I was?" I didn't even know where I would be until I'd run into Belle and she'd guided me into here.

"I traced your color. Did you know you are a violet?" he shrugged.

Yep, of course, I knew. And, now he was privy to that information. Had he figured out that his was exactly the same?

"Why didn't you go to your own room? To her?" Wait, why had I asked him that question? Shoot, I'd put thoughts into his mind. I wanted to take it all back.

"Did you want me to?" His voice was so low, I'd barely heard it even with super my vampire hearing.

Of course not! I wasn't going to tell him about his Queen's intentions. He could be tempted. He could be out within this minute seeking her warmth. Neither was I going to tell him about what I'd done. I would take it to my grave.

"Does it matter what I think?" I answered with another evasion.

"Are we gonna keep circling around one another?"

Yep, I was. I was scared of my feelings. I was scared of knowing his. What if he didn't feel the same?

"Move aside. You need to feed. And, I need to sleep."

"How did you know?"

"I was a vampire, have you forgotten? I know what it means to crave someone's blood. I did yours."

Just like that, he'd made it so much easier to admit it.

He moved much faster than before, making fewer mistakes as he found the edge of the bed. The colors and shapes were helping him. That made me happy. I didn't want to see him struggle. It hurt. The bed sank beneath his weight. He bared his neck like an appetizer. I didn't need a second invitation, my fangs sank into him like it was always meant to.

He inhaled peacefully as if he needed this, too. His hand moved to my thigh, it didn't move. He didn't squeeze it, nor did he caress it. It just stayed there like he owned it. But, it was enough. The intake of his blood, the feel of his body, the touch of his hand on my thigh....It was all too much. I wanted him. I wanted my marital rights.

"So, you are scared, hmm? Very scared." His hand now slowly moved up. What was he doing? Oh my God, was he doing what I thought he was doing? I stopped drinking. My head hung limply, my eyes narrowed on the hand.

"Scared?" I stammered. All I could do was look at his hand, feel the electricity that was buzzing under his touch. I was attuned to its minuscule movements like a starving woman. Just a little more. C'mon, move it up dammit!

"You are red all over, Di." His hand stopped before my crotch. I exhaled in frustration. What did a woman need to do to consummate a marriage around here?"

"Red?" All I could do was repeat after him.

"Yes, baby. You are so red, I'm scared you will die of a fear attack."

His words registered.

Busted!

He retracted his hand. "I guess you are full now. Goodnight," he said, and turned his back.

What? That was it? I was so mad, so unfulfilled, so frustrated....

See my colors now asshole!

How did he expect me to sleep now?

*********************************

Dianaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Mmmmm.....Your blood is so tasty.

Open the window, Diana. Let us in.

We've come for you.

We're here for you.

I woke up. I looked around. Samuel was sleeping.

But, it was the window which held my interest.

I needed to open the window. 

As always, thanks for reading

Alena