Epilogue

(Diana's POV)

"Samuel," I said. A few weeks had passed since the battle with the dark shadows. The Mansion was now my home. I didn't remember why I once wanted to get away from this place. From Samuel. It was like a vague memory.

"Hmm...baby. What is it?" His lips wandered on my stomach with a butterfly touch. Samuel was showering me with attention, all the time. I had no complaints. The thirst for his blood had dimmed with the acceptance of our bond, but from time to time, I did miss drinking from him. And, I still remembered the bliss of blood on my tongue in the brief time I'd been a vampire. Even if only in thought. And, those times he drank from me? Well, those times were the best. It was a union of the utmost joy, the sensations that flocked my body took me somewhere else. Everything became different, I became attuned to his every breath, his closeness, his touch, his kiss, even the colors around us brightened in joy.

"Are you okay with me being a human?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm thrilled." His lips scorched my skin. They were coming up and my whole body was on fire.

"But wouldn't you want to be mated to another vampire?"

"No, why do you say so?" He stopped kissing me, greenish colors of confusion strived to overcome that of passion.

What I was about to say was embarrassing. But it had to be said. "Because The King is selected by blood, he is the strongest, the best. I know that now and I'm ...well, I'm a nobody."

"What? Baby, no! Why would you say that? You are special. You are very very special. The things you can do...is simply amazing. You can move objects, you can peel colors, the things you did with the dark shadows. How can you think you are anything but special?"

"Yes, but what if it is temporary? I don't even know why I have this ability. I'm worried. I'm worried that I'll be back to being just a human girl and then I'll be a burden to you."

"Listen to me well, baby," he said, his whisper washed over my heart. "My blood is powerful, I gave you my blood which returned you from death. That is a transformation right there. Not to mention you are mated to me, one of the favored children of the Moon Goddess. She has blessed you with these changes, I'm sure of it. I doubted her for a long time, but now I know. Everything that happened was for the best. She brought you to me. But, even if your powers should pass, you will always be special for me. And, never a burden. Do you understand? Can you see my colors? My sincerity?"

I could. He was surrounded by a beautiful aqua blue, the color of transparency. And, I believed him.

"Now how about we make babies who will matter to me?" he said, reminding me of the words he'd said once.

"I'd say that's a great idea."

He was in my life and he was going to stay.

I knew that now.

"Then my love, let's get to it," he said, his voice low and husky. His lips were warm and sensual though I could feel the hunger that he held back with restraint. His body shivered uncontrollably as we pulled apart, our breaths shallow. Then he yanked me to him, crushing our lips in a deep kiss. I lost myself in its wondrous joy.

We didn't talk again for a long time.

We didn't need to. We were loving one another. We were making babies.

I realized I never gave you an epilogue, so here it is

As always, thanks for reading

Alena