I now know

(Samuel's POV)

No, the shadows were not coming. Not this time. I had kept them at bay all night. My head was about to fall, that's how sleepy I was. No gratitude was awaiting me, thank you very much. And, now this. This was too much torture for one human man.

"I found her sleepwalking," I said, hoping my quick thinking had saved me. "She crashed into me as I was coming down and I couldn't wake her up." Wow, that was some story!

I turned towards Diana and with good effect, I shook her. "Is she awake now?"

"Yes," Belle said, more composed now. "Poor her, she might be having nightmares! Everyone she knew is gone."

I nodded though I knew I was the only one having the nightmares here.

"I couldn't find you last night." She just was lethal, I had decided. This interrogation wasn't ending.

"Well..." I coughed. "I'm ready!" I shouted. Nope, it wasn't going to be that easy to end this torture. Even if I was so ready to reset it all.

"I came to find you." The same hurt. The same vulnerability.

Of course, she had. I had escaped like a convict, getting out of her path like the hounds of Hell were after me.

I was on my own, I had to get myself out of this situation.

"I was wary of the shadows. Kept watch all night long." And, that certainly was no lie.

"Oh my poor baby, " she cooed, her hand cupping my face. "Come closer," she whispered. "Move your chair, I wanna talk to you without being heard." The familiar reds swirled around her, scaring me shitless.

Nope, that was not a good idea. I was walking into a trap. I shouldn't have come to the kitchen.

What choice did I have? I moved closer even as I heard Diana put food on her plate with so much noise that I feared she would break the plate. Her colors had started changing again. That was my only amusement this morning. Her rage and her jealousy.

"I've been thinking," Belle said as she leaned towards me. Her hair tickled my neck. Goosebumps crawled up my skin. The blue cheese on her breath alerted me to what was coming. It was all so familiar. I had already lived it.

"Samuel..." she held my hand. I breathed a few seconds of silence before she launched the words on a missile. "I want to make a baby with you. I think we should try again. I think we should do it now."

"Shit!" I said when hot liquid seeped through my thigh burning me. I jumped in the air, trying to get it off me. Short of getting the pants off, it was impossible.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" Diana said.

Wow, had she just burned me?

"Samuel! Let me help you!" Belle was trying to cut my pants.

Nope, not happening. I pulled her hand away. "I'll go and change."

"But we need to put some salve on it."

Right now, all I wanted was to get away from any female existence.

"I'll be fine!" My voice was desperate. I needed to get out.

"Morning! What is happening?" Cian's voice filled the kitchen. Okay, all the characters from last morning were slowly filling in the room. Twice now I had seen Cian get possessed.But, today there were no shadows. Still, seeing him in the kitchen didn't make me happy. He presented another type of danger. He was salivating after my woman. I didn't want him attacking Diana like a vulture in my absence. I was hurting but I waited till he seated himself across the table.