half / 8

Those flashback drizzled out of my mind once I parked my car on our house garage. The machine of my Jaguar died down and the silence reborn in the surroundings. The air became so thick and cold in solitude. I assumed my parents were already on their way back home with news about Tiana. I dreaded to hear any possible outcome from all the raids which occurred all over the town.

But it was very weird.... It was odd that I was reminiscing about Khloe during this severe moment. It might be due to the level of insanity of the events. It was nothing of ordinary and it reminded me of her. That must be it.

After the promise I had made after the party, I went to a mission to prove her that I wasn't a bad kisser. However, each of our encounter resulted to the same exclamation - that I'm truly the worst kisser. Which contradicted the make out session inside the girl's bathroom during third period. The tongue-tied war between us inside the guest room of the Valentine's Italian mansion after their revelation at dinner. Opposing the wet lips battle during freshmen's Week inside the Rec room, lips locking at the movie theater when we had a double date with Alec and Xander, while they went to buy together new buckets of popcorn for us and also behind the tall hedge of green grass at Quinn's family estate during our visit there. Include the recent snogging in my art studio at school yesterday.

So on and so forth that it developed into a hobby- a guilty-pleasure-kind of hobby.

Worst kisser, my ass!

Still, I felt that something had changed between us. Not that it bothered me anyway...

Shaking my head, I hopped out of my car with my bag and took a glance at my smart phone. I didn't answer her call because I had no idea what to say. I was stress enough to even think about her because I had no idea why I was thinking about her in the first place at all times. Yeah, it doesn't make sense at all.

Sliding down my notification bar, I discovered that I received a message from her. It was just 'Materials ready at tree house' text at 6:07 am that I didn't notice this early morning because I was too dazed in the course of my trip to school.

One note, I haven't decided yet what would I do with her incomplete canvas. But she told me last night that I was free to visit the tree house anytime I want. She gave me a full access for my convenience as long as I inform her for safety measure. Damn! Reminded me to second note, I needed to call her back to figure out if she's fine or what. Rumors has it that her group were potheads so there is a chance that she was in trouble. Maybe it is the reason why she was calling me.

Putting my bag on the center island, I dialed her immediately, placing my knuckle on my hips while waiting. It was on the fifth ring when she answered.

"Timothy was detained," she firstly said without pause, "Maggie and James are panicking."

I frowned at her dull tone but was relieved at the same time. "Why? I mean, are you under the eyes of the officials? Where are you? So it's officially true that you're a user."

"What are you talking about? Are you saying that I'm hiding from the police because I'm using illegal drugs?"

"Yes? Are you not?" I asked in confusion as I paced back and forth at our kitchen.

"No, of course not," she denied. "James and Maggie are panicking because Timothy might open his sick mouth about the ritual prank last night."

I tensed up at her statement and I began to panic. "What?! Wh-What are we going to do?!"