34 / closer

warning: A HUGE FAT 'RATED R'. Focus reading. I mean, read at your own risk for the nth time.

"After almost four months of training, I hope you've learned a lot, Mad Crow."

Smiling at my superior, I gave him a salute which he returned accordingly. I could feel the eyes of the soldiers from the field. They've thought that I had completely enlisted myself in the military after graduating high school. But in truth, my girlfriend's father just forced me to train here the whole summer. It was supposed to be a normal military summer program but he had another plan for me. He enrolled me in Basic Combat Training.

Aside from that, he introduced me to Captain Caldwell who taught me a lot about defense and security. At first, I thought he was just a strict old man due to his serious face but he was a teenage boy at heart. Although he gave me a hard time when it comes to training, he was so easy to get along with.

"Thanks to your torture, Captain. I've learned hard."

Captain Caldwell chuckled and tapped my arm. "That's what Dead Scythe wants you to do. I just couldn't believe that he would do something to this extent. I guess he really wants to protect his only daughter."

I sighed. "Do you think I already have his approval? Now that I've already completed this training? I don't know him personally. Hilary rarely talks about his father."

Captain Caldwell hummed. "He was a monster on the battlefield but he's a great man. Just be good to his daughter and everything will be alright, clear?

I nodded before putting the strap of my duffle bag around my shoulder. "Roger that."

"So I guess this is it?" he said before he looked at the amateur soldiers who were in the field doing their daily drill. "Aren't you going to say goodbye to them?"

I smiled sadly. "I already did, last night at the barracks." Then I raised my hand and he shook it with a smirk on his face.

"Good luck and congratulations, Mad Crow. I hope you get through anything after this, kid."

I frowned in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Captain cleared his throat and gave me a nervous laugh. "It's nothing. C'mon, off you go!"

Waving my hand, I turned around after I glanced at the field, silently giving my farewell to my mates whom I had shared my hardship with at this military camp.

It had been almost four months since. I remembered how Hilary was begging me at the airport not to go. Although it was her father's idea, and she understood that I needed to do this, she was still crestfallen being apart from me. I was, too. You don't have any idea how much I silently cried once the plane took off.

Four months might be a short time compared to those who wait like forever for their significant others. However, I was madly in love with Hilary Damien and we were both new into this kind of relationship. I was afraid that her feelings might change, that she'd realized that it was only just an infatuation. We didn't have any contact since I had left for this military training and everybody knows communication is one of the keys to a successful relationship.

I wanted to trust her but what if she'd realized that I'm not really worthy of her love. After all, I messed up big time. I'd hurt her so bad and in the end, she was the one who'd save my ass. I have so much to make up for, damn!

So Khloe Summer, don't be a coward!

After a three hours flight, I found myself standing at the arrival area. Captain Caldwell told me that he had already informed Mr. Damien that I would be arriving today. I was expecting my Mom would be here once I arrive but I'd been standing here for almost thirty minutes already.