half / 22

"So how did you and Khloe happen?"

Harry's questioned dragged my attention from the raw chicken I was holding with my plastic-covered hands. I looked up only to see all eyes were already staring at me and my girlfriend. Although Arisa appeared to be uninterested, I knew that she was also curious.

"It just happened," Khloe simply answered, then she flipped the barbecued chicken kebab on the grilling machine expertly. Of course, being a gentleman, Harry insisted to help us while I was the one piercing the marinated chicken, mushroom and peppers into the wooden stick.

Apparently, the royals, meaning Arisa, Quinn, and Jane, were waiting for us to serve them. They were just sitting around the fire pit, clad in winter clothing, having a silent battle among themselves. It was already evening and the temperature was getting colder but nonetheless, snow was still out since yesterday.

"Oh c'mon, please give us some details. We're going to fly back home tomorrow so at least, give me something to tell to Kate," Harry complained, mentioning his girlfriend, who was also Quinn's cousin.

"I second that," Quinn prompted as she smirked at us. I bet she already knew half of the details about how we happened.

Shaking my head, I handed out the already prepared kebabs to Khloe. She smiled softly at me and I gave her one back before she proceeded to her task.

"Ry, care to tell us?" this time, Arisa asked. "How did she manage to lure you into her trap?"

Khloe laughed. "Not the way my sister lured you. You were so easy. Only a pair of dimples from Quinn and you're already purring under her feet."

"What did you say?!" Arisa hissed as she glared at my girlfriend.

"Although it's a fact, I'm not gonna repeat it again unless Quinn denies it," Khloe provoked my sister, causing Jane, Harry and I to laugh in amusement.

Quinn patted Arisa's head like a puppy. "She maybe submissive to me and only me, but she's my love no matter what."

"I'm willing to be anything for you," Arisa countered her answer sweetly and gave her girl a quick kiss. I was really amazed at how they treated each other. They were both Alphas when it comes to a relationship but my best friend let herself be sway by Quinn's dominion. And Quinn valued Arisa's worth in her life. By the way they interacted with each other, you could clearly see that they truly loved each other. There are arguments, yes but they are the reasons why relationship get stronger. I wished Khloe and I would be like them someday, you know, the kind of love that is fluid—the one which able to adjust as needed, especially when you want to stay as much as possible. Damn, I was starting to think this way just because Khloe said she was starting to fall in love with me. Key word, Ry: starting.

"Aww, true love," Jane cooed bitterly. "I'm starting to get lonely."

"Are you still hurting?" Khloe bluntly asked and Harry's eyes widened.

I knew better Khloe wasn't interested in Jane's heart status because she was clearly changing the topic so that she could avoid telling the details about us. I agree because it was a private matter and kind of story that you would only tell to your sons and daughters when your hair is already gray. Gosh, I was also beginning to think about sons and daughters! Remember the key word, Ry: starting! Don't freak out yourself.

"Oh please, I have someone in my mind slash heart already," Jane said with assurance. "Not all exes hang out with their ex to take her back. Quinn and I finally ended. I moved on and we're only friends now, right?"

Quinn nodded with a proud smile. "Yeah, so gorgeous, you don't have to be threatened," she said sweetly to Arisa.

"I'm not threatened, I am confident in my own abilities to keep myself here," Arisa laughed out as she pointed at Quinn's chest.