36 / closer

The sound of my alarm clock stirred me awake, causing my consciousness to rise from dark slumber.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, my vision was getting clearer while the sunray from the window of our apartment caressed my sight. Once the hazes diminished, a large smile came upon my lips as I gazed at the gorgeous creature beside me. I began from her long eyelashes touching her fair skin, then my eyes fell to her cute perfect nose. Then to her lavish lips and all II wanted to do was to kiss them right this moment yet went against the idea shortly. I wanted to cherish this moment I called a masterpiece.

The masterpiece I'd longed for. The picturesque art I wanted to see every morning for the rest of my life.

Wow! I couldn't believe that I was as smooth as the moonwalk dance. MJ kill me now!

Hilary scrunched her brows when the sound alarm got louder and it was my indication to wobble away from this blissful moment. I reached for my phone from the nightstand and immediately put the alarm into a stop. Looking back at my fiancée, I watched as her face relaxed back into sleep.

Carefully, I moved away from her hold then stretched my body as I headed to our shared bathroom. I washed my sleepy face first before I went to our kitchen and began to prepare our breakfast for the day.

Hilary and I just moved in and all we did yesterday was to fix our stuff then we called it a night once everything's done. We were so tired that we instantly fell asleep as soon as we hit the bed.

We were living in a two-story apartment which my sister recommended to me before I went to military training. Quinn was the one who took care of everything because apparently, she was the heiress of this realty. You know, the Elle family owned a lot of properties and they were famous for being the best realtor internationally. At first, she was offering it for free but of course, I declined her offer which she didn't like at all. We argued about it because she was claiming that she was the firstborn sister so she had to take care of me and gave me a lecture about 'what's the use of her wealth if she wouldn't spend it for the luxury of her family.'

But wealth comes from within. Hence why I declined her offer because I wanted to be independent and wealthy inside. So she ended the argument by giving me a fifty-percent discount with utility fees inclusion. Despite the discount, it was still expensive because our apartment was in an exclusive estate near the university.

It was worth it though because it was a safe community that was ideal for both of us. Aside from that, we had a pool and jacuzzi in the backyard which would be cleaned every week by the estate maintenance. The entire first floor consisted of garage and Hilary's art studio. The second floor had our kitchen, living room, bathroom, and two bedrooms. We converted the other bedroom to my own digital studio office though.

My train of thoughts vanished into thin air when I felt two arms around me. I instantly smiled when I felt her breathe onto my neck.

Hilary rested her chin on my shoulder. "Why you didn't wake me up?"

Even though I was busy placing our breakfast on the plates, I could feel her pouting behind me. Turning around, I saw that I was right so I kissed her pout away. "Good morning, waltz!"

Hilary gave me a warm smile. "Good morning! But hey, I should be the one who's going to cook the breakfast."

I smirked while carrying our plates to our island counter. Taking her hand with mine, I urged her to sit on the barstool beside me. "Is there a rule about who should be cooking breakfast?" I asked, pushing her plate filled with slices of bacon, eggs, and waffle in front of her.