44 / closer

*Rated R* - Read at your own risk. This is the last smut scene you'll ever have in this story. Let's make it worthwhile. It's gonna be overly intense so please don't kill me.

*wink like blink because I don't know how to wink at all*

...

The deadly silence of the room enamored the scene underneath my sight. I couldn't hear anything but I was seeing his bare body towering over me, his hands around my neck. The dark shades of his orbs were the roots of evil, anger was prominent as they stared at mine. The air was so rare, serenity was nowhere to be found. My lung wasn't functioning as it tried to seek even an ounce of life.

He had a mad smile on his face, relieving himself using my damaged soul. It was sickening, how he moved against my body. I wanted to shut my eyes and just take all the illusion away. I was aware that this was just a nightmare I had no control with. The nightmare that could possibly happen afterward, if all else had failed.

At least, there was no pain. But only deadly silence. And once I finally found a chance to breathe, I screamed at the top of my lungs, knowing it would be my key to reality.

Once again, I jerked up and raced for a breath of air. Then I quickly moved my eyes to Hilary, but this time, she was nowhere near me. There was only darkness in my room and the tick of the clock, vexing to sync with my heaving chest. However, the panic lingered as I hastily jumped out of the bed.

When I opened the door of our bedroom, I instantly saw a broken floor vase, ripping my heart out of my ribcage. My eyes cast on the dark alleyway and the air was getting heavy by the minute.

'Fúck, where is she? Wait! I need to calm down', I reminded myself, carefully skipping my way to my study room which was next to our bedroom. With trembling hands, I opened the lowest drawer of my desk and pushed a hidden button to reveal the hidden compartment in there. I took the gun and pulled out the magazine to make sure it was loaded before I snapped it back in.

A sudden thud outside the room sent another wave of fear all over my body. There seemed like scratching sounds in the kitchen when I walked out. I didn't want to think of any scenario so I just silently headed out to the kitchen with my gun ready to fire anytime.

My step was careful but my body felt so heavy at the moment, making it difficult to move. The repeated sound was becoming more unbearable in my ears and when I turned, I immediately aimed at the silhouette against the dim light. But the sound of the glass breaking caused me to drop my arms altogether. Then relief instantly took over me as I realized that she was safe.

"Oh gosh, Klo! W-What the hell?!" Hilary cried out in shock as she put her palm on her chest.

I carefully placed the gun on the kitchen counter while shifting my eyes down on the little puppy cowering in fear behind Hilary's feet. Snor was obviously frightened of what was happening right now. Dammit!

"What's with the gun, Klo?!" Hilary exclaimed, obviously scared out of her wits as she stared at me in terror.

"I'm sorry," I said, finally ruling out my voice. "I thought— You weren't on the bed and I found a broken vase on the floor. And I just assumed...."

Shutting her eyes, Hilary heaved a deep sigh, calming herself down. I turned on the main light in the kitchen and walked towards her, avoiding the fragments of the broken glass she had dropped out of fear.