Chapter 1

Holly

As I was spending my day in my new college like usual, I was in a free period when father called me. I sighed then picked up the phone and pressed the green button to answer. " Hey " I greeted quickly, wanting him to begin with his speech. I knew he wanted something because he never called while he was behind his disk, working on real estate and such things. I waited for couple of seconds for him to talk.

" Hey Holly " he greeted back with a hint of nervousness in his tone of speak. I didn't like it. It hid a lot of secrets that were about to unfold.

" What do you want father? " I rushed, wanting him to get straight to the point without anymore stalling. I had a class to attend to in 10 minutes. It was far more important than to talk with my selfish father who only cares about his stupid job. I was not spoiled when mother died and was never abused by him, he just doesn't care for me. At least since mother died, he used to care. And used is a big word, because it is in the past.

Just so you know, I worked at a gas station to finance myself and my studies since I was 16 until last month, I quit this job in order to focus on my studies. I didn't want him to pay for the fees because I didn't want him to tell me later ' You owe me so you have to do what I tell you to do Holly... ' Now, I owe him nothing so he can't order me around.

I'm still living with him in the same house, due to the fact that he is still my father. I can't let him be alone all the time, I can't leave him. At least my presence will make him feel alive and awake. Not a dead soul trapped in a moving body.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate or dislike my father... I just can't love him like I used to love him when mother was still alive. He changed from that time and so am I. Nothing stays the same in this cruel world that we're living in.

I heard him sigh through the phone and I rolled my pale green eyes that lacked sleep. He was faking his weariness. I know. " Okay then, here goes nothing... See, I got promoted and my work place has changed. " he cleared in monotone voice and I felt nothing, I was blank. I felt literally nothing.

I knew that this point would come sooner or later, and he'll either leave his one and only daughter alone in Kennesaw, Georgia or take me with him -which I will not allow- but I was fine with him leaving me behind, at least I won't have to hear his blabbing about his work. " Okay, where to? " I asked out of curiosity.

" Holland. " he replied and I paused for a moment to analyse what he said to me, I patted my ear to check if I was hearing things correctly.

I breathed deeply. " Holland? Are you kidding? " I asked in a calm tone. I looked at my watch and it was 1:25pm and my last class for the day was about to begin.

" No, and I can't take you with me." he answered like it was a shock for me -which was not. I sighed with relief to know that he can't take me. I need to finish my studies so that I can be a great and a well known photographer. I want to achieve this dream.

" Okay, cool- " but before I could continue my talking, he interrupted me by saying this now shocking words.

" But I'll not leave you here alone. I can't. I'll be gone for two years and I'll be able to come and visit you once in a month. You'll get hurt if I leave you alone, I know you Holly, I know that you fight for fun. You come home late with bruises on. Don't think that I don't know because I do" he cleared and I sat on my usual chair in my favorite class, Photography. I was overwhelmed by his words. He saw me with the bruises that I get almost every night? He's worrying about me?

He was right about the fight thing but was wrong about the reason. " You do realize that we have no relatives, right? " I responded with total seriousness yet he chuckled. What was so funny of what I said?

" Dear Holly, I already hired someone to do the job. He will look after you all the time while I'm gone. You can trust him." father replied and I ran my hand through my dirty blonde hair. It was wavy and it reached my elbows. Him?

" Why father? I'm 20 years old. I'm an independent woman who can and is supporting herself. I worked for four years at a gas station father, I'm in college and you just said that I fight. Yes, I fight father. I can protect myself, why do I have to be stuck with someone that I even don't know? that I never seen before?  If anything... It's more dangerous for a 20 years old woman to stay with a grown man under the same roof. How old is he, father? " I ranted about my feeling then asked him the must question. I grabbed my books and opened them for the right page.

" He's 25 " father replied. " Holly, he is staying with you and that's final. I already talked with him, he said yes. Anyways, we will talk more when you get home. I'm home at the minute. Bye for now Holly. " he countered then ended the call. As I put my phone down, the lecturer entered the class.

I have no saying in this matter this time, am I right? I'm getting forced to stay with this mysterious man.

°°°°°°

Hola

I hope you liked this chapter:)
Please vote and comment ♡
Share ♛

Thank you @MissSzea for the cover, it's amazing ⇧