Chapter 9

Holly

After our little chat, I went to my room and entered the bathroom then I took of all of my clothes. I grabbed the shampoo conditioner and spilled it on my hair. " What a day " I breathed with a sigh from all the events that happened with me. It was like bad luck was glued against my back.

I tried to avoid spilling water on my wrapped elbow and it was difficult indeed. " Why is my life so much harder than a normal life that a 20 years old woman deserves live? " I asked with agony. My life was like a bumping road. It's never easy to drive on, there were obstacles everywhere I look. But like they say 'The days that break you are the days that make you'

As I was drowned with my own thoughts, I heard a knock on the door. " Yes? " I said waiting for the reply.

" Can I talk with you when you're over? It's urgent " Mason asked and frustration was evident in his tone.

I arched my eyebrows. " Sure? " I replied, but it came out like a question.

" Okay, I'll wait for you here " he said the disappeared in my room.

What could it be?  I hope everything is okay because honestly, I'm exhausted.

I rushed with drenching my hair with hot water and cleaned my body completely, it was harder than usual due to the injury. After I finished, I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around my body, tightly. I cracked the door open a bit and looked around the room for Mason.

" Um Mason? " I called.

" Yeah " I heard his quiet reply.

" Can you hand me the clothes on the bed? " I asked him, feeling a bit shy. I was practically naked.

" Sure " Then I heard his foot steps get closer to me. I hid my body from his eye view and pulled out my arm while grabbing the towel in my other arm. " Here you go " he said then handed me them.

" Thank you " I replied quickly then closed the door and started wearing my pajamas. It was plain black.

I let my hair dry on it's own then got out of the bathroom. I saw Mason sitting on the edge of my bed with his hands in his hair. He didn't see me come out of the bathroom. " What do you want to talk about? " I asked as I sat next to him, leaving a bit of space between us.

He was startled by my question, then he composed himself and looked at me. " Oh, um I don't know if it is good to ask you this but... " he trailed off leaving me on edge to know.

" What? " I rushed him so that I can know sooner.

" Well, I have two sisters. One of them is 29 and she's a business woman, and the other one is 15, she's still in school. My big sister is the official guardian of my little one, but unfortunately, she will be going on a business trip for a week and my little sister can't stay alone in the house. So, can you please allow me to get her and let her stay here with me for the week?  I promise you she won't cause any trouble, she's a good kid. " he explained his situation with pleading eyes. It was the first time I see him so emotional like this.

I thought about it for a minute then sighed. She can't be a bother to me, and I don't care if we got extra company here. " Sure, I have a spare room for her " I nodded then crossed my arms.

" Thank you so much but you don't have to give her a room, she can stay in mine " he said with a little smile that made him look more like a normal man who loves his sisters.

" Come on, think about it. If  siblings stayed in the same room together, it won't end up good for you. She's in the age of wanting to have her privacy as much as possible, I know. I'm a girl. So she'll stay in the spare room and you stay in yours, clear? " I asked him in a serious tone.

Then, something unexpected happened, he gave me a quick tight hug then smiled at me. What just happened?

" Thank you so much " he replied. " I've been so troubled about it for a while, you saved me " he said then let go of me. I was taken aback by his sudden action.

I was speechless.

He looked at us and his eyes widened. " Sorry about that " he quickly said after he saw me uncomfortable in this position. He let go.

I waved my hand with a nervous smile. " It's okay " I countered then stood up.

He stood up and looked at the floor. " Well, um goodnight " he replied then got out of the room before I could tell him goodnight. Well, that was new. I saw several different faces to Mason today. It was refreshing, if I might add.

I pulled out the covers to my bed and sat on it then turned off the lights.

•••

I woke up to the sound of door bell, I groaned and got out of bed and headed down the stairs. As I reached the last step, I saw Mason on the door talking with a beautiful woman, she looked so mature with her skinny skirt and black top, she looked so professional. She must be his bigger sister.

" I'm sorry Mason, but please take care of her " the woman said then hugged him. As I stepped closer, she saw me. " You must be Holly. I must say you look absolutely gorgeous " she pointed out then winked Mason. He rolled his eyes and I got confused. What? 

She pulled her hand for me to shake.
and I did. " Yes, thank you. You must be his sister, right? " I asked then looked between Mason and her and saw the resemblance.

She smiled brightly. " Yes. My name is Alexandra and I'm very grateful that you agreed to let Mia stay here for the week " she countered then stepped aside to let a short girl, with a shy smile stand next to her. That must be Mia, the 15 years old little sister.

She was so cute with her bright green eyes, blonde hair and dimples. I gazed at Mason then at her and saw a bigger resemblance between them.

" Hello there " I greeted then pulled out my hand for her to shake and she did with flushed cheeks. She was too shy.

" H-hi, I'm Mia. Nice to meet you " she introduced herself then stood next to Mason who smiled brightly at her. You don't see that smile a lot, so it was a nice sight to view.

" And I'm Holly, nice to meet you too. Come on in " I motioned for the both of them to come in. Mia did but the older sister didn't.

" I can't come in, I'm late for my flight. I'll come back in a week. Bye guys, stay cool " she warned Mason and Mia then got in her car and drove away.

I looked back at the siblings to see them staring at me, like they were waiting for me to speak. " What? " I asked. With raised eyebrows.

" What should we do? " Mason asked in his emotionless face.

" Whatever you feel like doing, I'll have to go to college in an hour or so and I'll be back at 5 " I said then headed back to my room to get ready.

••••

Hi guys

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Please vote and comment ♡