Chapter 2

Holly

As my class finally ended, I collected my books and notebooks in my back bag and headed out side of the building then got on my black bicycle and treaded the wheels back home. The reason that I didn't own a car was because I was supporting myself and paying for the college tuition, remember?

On the way back home, I admired the yellow leafs that were dancing with the cold breeze which was colliding with my light browned skin. I felt refreshed and revived. Maybe that's why I loved autumn. It made me feel like I can be reborn again as the dancing leafs did. They fall from the trees but come out again new and fresh and green.

I looked at sidewalks to my left, and saw a happy family that looked delighted with their life. The little cute boy, who's laughter was heard from a mile away, was lucky to have both of his parents by his side, playing with him, making him feel that he was wanted and loved. Both of his parents looked genuinely happy, I will repeat it... He was lucky to have them both. Not just one who cares more about his work more than his daughter. His only daughter.

As I approached our neighborhood, I saw granny Ave putting the trash in the dumpster. When she saw me, I smiled at her because she was kind, kind enough to return the smile and say ' Welcome back '. I loved her, she gave me the feeling that I'm still wanted and needed in this wide world. Maybe she was being nice with me or afraid, I didn't know but I didn't care. I loved her.

I got off of my bike and placed it in our small garage that only fits for father's car. I pulled the house keys from my bag to open the back door, but I found it already open. Father must have done that.

" I'm home " I called as I rested on the couch in the small living room. I grabbed the remote control and switched the channels back and forth untill father decided to show up with a sad smile on his wrinkled face. His grayish hair was a mess and his shirt was crimped on the edges of his sleeves. He looked outmoded and tired.

I laughed at the fact that we kind of looked like each other not just in personality but also in appearance.

I looked more like him than my deceased mother, I had his wide green pale eyes and light brown hair and his high cheek bones. Yet, I took my skin color from mother, she was born in Brazil but raised here, in Kennesaw.
I have grandparents who live in Brazil that loved me like mother used to do, but when they knew about what happened to mother, they cut all ties with us. I felt unwanted, all over again.

I loved the fact that my body was like hers, mother used to eat great amounts of food and sweets but she never gained too much weight. I was like that, yet I didn't eat much. I just ate small amounts of food to subside my hunger throughout the day. Because I train, it's more than important to eat at least something before every practice I do or I'll collapse.

" Holly " father trailed off to grab my full attention to him. I turned my head and stared at his eyes then after seconds, gazed back at the channels.

" Father " I replied in a bored tone.

" So, about what we talked about on the phone... I have to do it. Holly you have to understand." he reasoned and I huffed in a small bitter laugh that showed no humor at all.

" No, you didn't have to do that. Father, I'm 20 years old. I'm an adult who can take care of her, I did it for the past couple years, so what's the difference now? " I asked him as I put the remote control down on the table and crossed my arms, facing mother's wall picture. She looked debonair.

Father nodded." You're right, but I was here. I was near to make sure that you don't get into trouble, not in Holland. Who do you think bailed you out of prison a year ago? " he brought last year's accident to life. Why?

" You know that I defended an innocent little girl, she was getting beaten by their neighbors. I just had to stop them, you know that I did nothing wrong father, I killed no one , I just defended the little girl. You'd do the same thing if you were me after all, I took that quality from you" I explained in an angry and disappointed tone, then I stood up and walked towards him. He was standing near the stairs with a cup of coffee in on hand and the other was holding the railing.

" Holly, I believe you but apparently you are not trusted by anyone in this town, that's why I had to call Him to come and look after you. So don't argue with me. " As he wanted to climb the stairs up, he stopped and looked back at me. " I will leave tomorrow night, he will come tomorrow in the afternoon, so I can talk with him for a bit. " Father added and I sighed then ran my hand through my brown hair.

Before he could close his room's door, I called for him. " Yes Holly? " he said and waited.

" What's his name? " I asked, I had to know the name of the man, that I'm going to live under the same roof with him, for two years.

" Mason. Mason Coke. "

°°°°°

Hello

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Please vote and comment ♡