Chapter 33

Make sure to read chapter 31, 32, 33, 34,35, 36 in order.

Holly 

As I opened my eyes, I quickly closed them once again due to the blinding brightness that my eyes couldn't handle. I opened them once again but slowly and saw myself in an unfamiliar place. A beautiful place nevertheless. I looked around me and saw fields filled with colorful flowers and roses. There were rows of flowers of different colors, white, orange, purple, pink and a lot more. The sight was too mesmerizing that I didn't realize that I was standing in the middle of the road. I heard a car honk behind me and I jumped then fell into the dirt. I cursed under my breath when I saw that I hurt my elbow. The strange thing was that I didn't feel any pain. 

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" I heard a soft voice ask from behind me. I turned my head and saw what I didn't expect, not in a million years. I saw my mom. My mother. My light and hope standing near me with a worried expression on her young face. She looked younger than I could remember her. That cannot be her!

I shook my head and tried to convince myself that she just looked like her. "Um, yeah. I'm okay" I replied and she pulled her hand so that I could hold it. I did and she helped me stand up. "It's my fault for standing in the middle of the road" I added as I cleaned my clothes that I didn't remember when I changed into them. Strange...

"And I'm sorry for scaring you, I honked too loudly" She laughed and I chuckled. "Anyway, I'm Jane" She introduced and I froze. That was not coincident. Mother's name was Jane. 

"I'm Holly, nice to meet you. Say...You don't happen to be from Brazil no?" I asked just to make sure that I was not going crazy. She looked at me with wide eyes and put her hands on my shoulders. 

"How did you know?" She asked in a loud tone and I closed my ears. She was my mom. How could that happen? She was dead! 

I rubbed the nape of my neck and let out a nervous laugh. "You look like Brazilian people and mom was a Brazilian herself. She looks like you actually" I explained without sounding like a weirdo or a creep. I didn't want to scare her off.

"Oh, that's cool. I'm 20 by the way" She said and I smiled. I was happy to see her again, even if it was all fake, she was in front of me. I won't tell her who I am because clearly, she was not a mother yet. My mom had me when she was 25.

"Me too, we have a lot in common. But if you don't mind me asking, where is this place?" I asked as I looked around me. There weren't many people near us and it was too quiet.

She looked at me in confusion. "You don't know?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I woke up on the road and I don't remember how I got here. I'm from Georgia, Kensaw" I stated and she coughed. 

"What? How did you get here? This is Holland, Amsterdam..." As she said those words, I started to connect the dots. Mom and dad met in Holland. I didn't feel the pain when I fell. And this woman was my mom. I was in a dream that was so close to reality. But I couldn't remember anything before that, what happened to me?

"I don't know..." I said as I wanted to know where this dream will take me. I wanted to meet my younger dad and see how they actually met.

"Okay that's strange, come on. Let's go to my house" She said as she dragged me to her old car. "I come here in summer, every year" She added and I just nodded. I stayed silent the whole ride, trying to think of what happened before this dream and every time I try to remember, I get a strong headache. It was like there was something blocking my way.

****

"Welcome to my humble summery home" Jane or should I say mom said and we got out of her old car. The house was small but looked nice and had that home vibe. I loved it. It was still weird to look at my mom that close even in a dream. 

"Thank you" I smiled then we walked to her house. She told me that she comes here alone, to clear her mind from problems and annoying people. And she was not wrong, I took after her, after all. "Can I have a cup of water?" I asked as she sat me on a very comfortable couch.

"Coming right up, do you need anything else?" She asked as she stopped to hear me out. I shook my head with a smile and went to the kitchen. What should I do now? What should I ask her? I felt lost yet complete.

She came back with a huge cup of water and she shrugged. "I only have huge cups, sorry" She apologized and I chuckled. "What do you want to do?" She asked me and sat next to me.

"Let's get to know each other better" I suggested and she nodded.

"Okay, let me start...Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked and I smiled, already remembering my love. "Oh, you do! Tell me about him, how did you two meet?" She added with an excited tone.

"His name is Mason and he's 25 years old. We met at my doorsteps in my own home. You see, my dad had to move to Holland, here, because of his work and he called Mason to watch over me for two years since I was an only child with no mom. At first, we couldn't stand each other, but with the days we got to know each other better and his little sister trapped us in my room for a whole night. That night, we knew each other and we kissed for the first time. It was magical, I know that I might sound corny but I do love our little arguments and fights, he's perfect in my eyes. He protected me multiple times. Everything was going great until something bad happened and I woke up here. Anyway, that's us. What about you?" I answered then asked her so that she can't ask me complicated questions that I was unable to answer without sounding like a lunatic.

"I used to have one couple of years ago, we were happy until he decided to cheat on me with a hooker. He broke my heart and I was devastated for quite a while but then I got over him and moved on with my life. My life became better and more hectic since I didn't have anyone to cage me in one place. Last year, he came to my house and sat with my parents to win them over, but my parents were no fools, they kicked him out after my dad punched him in the face and threatened him if he comes over again. I felt happy that my parents didn't fall for his tricks. He had the money, he was powerful yet we were stronger and had our honour and dignity. Since then, I'm a free bird" She explained and I stayed quiet for a bit. I do remember mom telling me that story but not that version. I never knew that he came to her house...How did I know now, if I was in a dream? My dream? 

"He's such a jerk, he doesn't deserve you" I pointed out with a genuine smile. Mom and dad met when mom was 20, so she won't be a free bird for long. I knew for a fact that my parents loved each other to no limits. I couldn't wait to see them together!

~~~