Chapter 36

Mason

It had been a month since we attacked the gang that took my parents and shot my angel and it had been six long months since she was in a coma. I was right by her side ever since then. I didn't want to leave her and I won't ever do such a thing.

That day was eventful. We didn't have the time to even blink because if we did, we'd be shot and did in seconds. The FBI and S.W.A.T and Micheal did a great job covering Josh's and I's backs until we reached to their leader. When he saw that he had no escape in his small room that had no windows or escape exits, he tried to convince us of working with him for money. We just laughed and took him down. The forces took him and everyone who remained alive to a federal prison and we were free of all the torture that we faced for years. And Marcel was hiding a secret from Holly that we found about it when he hugged an FBI agent. He was one but retired after his wife died and decided to train Holly. I was surprised and when Marcel knew that we knew, he made us promise him not to tell Holly, he begged us. He liked his job as her coach, not an ex-agent, so we promised not to tell anyone.

"Mason, you need to res..." Alex was cut off by Holly's heart monitor. It started making a noise that made me feel terrified and I went pale. I felt like I stopped breathing. After seconds, a doctor and a few nurses came running and we stepped aside to let them do their job. 

"Can you get out, please?" A nurse requested and everyone was out of the room except me. I didn't want to and I was afraid that I might lose her. "Sir, please. You must step outside!" The nurse demanded and I stood my ground. I didn't like her tone.

I crossed my arms, getting really pissed off. "Imagine if that was your boyfriend laying over there, would you want to leave his side?" I yelled and glared at her. She cowered away from me and stood near the doctor. He glanced at me and sighed.

"Stay but don't say a word, we will do things that won't appeal well to your eyes. Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded firmly then stood near the bed. My angel looked like she was in agony and I couldn't do anything to reduce the amount of pain that she was feeling. I felt tears threatening to run down my cheeks as I watched them carefully do their job. 

*** 

After an hour of tests and stuff, her heart monitor returned to normal and the doctor, along with the nurses exited the room. It was just me and her. All alone. "Holly, baby. I hope you are feeling okay now, angel, I miss you. We miss you so much. Come back to us, please! Angel open those beautiful eyes. I love you. Please God..." I grabbed her hand and squeezed it like my life depended on it. I wanted a reaction from her, I didn't care if it was a small one. I just needed her alive not just living because there was a huge difference between the two.

As of on cue, my prayers were miraculously answered. I felt her small soft hand squeeze my big hand lightly. I opened my eyes and looked at her to be graced with her beautiful green eyes that I missed so much. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I pinched my cheek and it did hurt. I lost all of the barriers that I carried around the nurses and doctors and started crying like a baby. "Oh God! Holly!" I managed to say between sobs. She held my head between her hands and hugged me. My head was resting on her beating chest. 

"Hey." She said in a raspy voice like it was a day of separation between us, I quickly let go of her and grabbed a water bottle and filled the empty cup with it. I held the back of her head and lifted her up a bit. She drank the cup in seconds and I refilled it for her.

"Do you need more?" I asked as I put the cup on the counter beside me. She shook her head with a soft smile and I scooped her in my arms. You could say that my embrace was desperate. I was desperate for her. She turned my world to the better, she was all I asked for. "I missed you!" I whispered in her hair and she hugged me back and wrapped her hands around my neck.

"I know, I heard you..." She stated and I looked at her with wide eyes. "I heard your voice and it guided me to the light of this life. In reality. I missed you so much." Shocked by her sobs and I hugged her tighter. "I love you too." She added and I couldn't help it but kiss her lips. I couldn't function what was happening around me until I heard the door open. I didn't break the kiss and Holly didn't seem so bothered by it. Whoever was at the door, gasped but they retreated from the room in silence. I silently thanked them and showered my angel with kisses and love. My love.

Eventually, we broke the heated kiss due to the lack of oxygen. We put our foreheads on each other and sighed in relief. She was finally in my arms alive and not just living.  "How long was I out?" She asked, breaking the silence that dominated the small room. I positioned myself next to her on the bed and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"A long time..." I replied while staring at the ceiling. 

"How long?" She asked again and looked at her with a sad smile. "Six months" As the words left my mouth, she gasped and the door was open once again to reveal her dad, my sisters, Josh and Marcel. They all were smiling widely and the sight made me delighted.

Her dad marched to her and I stood up, to give them a little space. "My little girl." He spoke as he hugged her tightly. Now that she knew that she had been gone for so long, I could see the guilt in her teary eyes. "Are you feeling okay?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yes, dad. I'm sorry for being out for so long, I feel so bad. Forgive me!" She cried on his shoulder and I wanted to kiss her and comfort her.

"Shh, baby girl. It's not your fault that you slept for so long. It's the gang's fault and it was over now. We took care of it, permanently. You are now safe and everyone else is secure too. I don't want you to apologize. I want you to smile dear Holly. Your smile is worth a fortune." He cooed in her ears and I smiled. I felt like going nuts without her, but her dad almost gave up. We made him strong again. Holly wanted her father to be there for her when she wakes up. 

"So, it's all good now?" She asked us and we all nodded. "Thank God, I can't wait to tell mom. Where is she?" She asked and we all froze in our spots. Her dad looked at her like he was just shattered into million pieces. I held my breath and examined her face to see if she was joking... She was not, she was serious.

*** 

Hello guys

I hope you enjoyed this book. I thank all of you for giving this book a chance. I decided just not to post the epilogue here. What you just read was the last chapter of Us by Force and if you want to read the last part- the epilogue- I will send you the link!

 What you just read was the last chapter of Us by Force and if you want to read the last part- the epilogue- I will send you the link!