Chapter 22

Holly

When Mia and I were sitting in the park_while eating ice cream_ my phone started ringing. I pulled it from my pocket and looked at the caller ID. " Hello, " I said with a smile on my face. Was it bad that I felt happy for his call?

" Holly, where are you? " Mason asked in a rushed tone and he sounded a bit worried. We just got out of the house. what could possibly happen in that short amount of time?

" What's wrong? " I asked back, concerned that something happened to him. The universe can be weird sometimes; one second you're all happy and goofing around without any worries and then the second, you're crying alone thinking about your whole existence. So, anything can happen in that short amount of time.

Mason sighed then I heard a door slam. It was so loud that I heard it through the phone. " Nothing important, where are you now? " He asked again and I looked at Mia to see her enjoying her ice cream. She didn't seem to have any sorts of worries at that moment.

" We're eating ice cream at the park that's near the small mall down the street. Are you coming? " I asked. Seconds later, I heard a car engine being started. He was in the car.

" I'm on my way, don't go anywhere else... Bye " He demanded then ended the call with a soft bye and I put the phone back in my pocket. That was for sure the weirdest thing that had happened today.

" Mason is coming? " Mia turned her attention from the ice cream to me and asked.

I nodded. " That's what he said " I replied then sighed feeling worn out for no reason. " Did you have fun with me these past couple of days? " I asked her in general with a smile. She didn't have to worry when there was nothing important to worry about, she deserves a happy life. I hoped.

She nodded with a grin. " A lot, you are so great and amazing. Besides, I got to make you two confess your feelings and I'm very satisfied. Alexandra will be happy to know that he got a girl to look after him. Please, Holly, make him happy. He deserves to be happy after what he'd been through. He raised me with Alexandra. I can't see him with a broken heart. I know that he loves you and you do too, so please... Have faith in him and don't break his soft heart. " She cleared and I was dumbfounded by her words, she looked too mature for her age. I respected her love for her brother so much. " And believe me when I say, soft heart, because he has one and it's big enough to love until his last day on this earth." She added.

I grabbed her free hand and squeezed it. " Don't worry, I won't. But, I hope that he doesn't break mine. It's been broken once and I don't want to feel that bitter feeling ever again. " I replied honestly and she nodded in understanding.

My mom was my ever first heartbreak since the day she died, I don't want another one. Because it hurt me so much.

" He'd rather get ran over by a bus than to see you with a frown on your beautiful face or even upset " She chuckled and I smiled at her replied. For some odd reason, it kinda made me strengthen my faith in him.

" Thank you, Mia. After you go with Alexandra tomorrow, I need you to remember that my home is your home too. Don't hesitate to visit or I'll kill you " I warned then hugged her tightly.

" Aww thank you, Holly, it was a pleasure spending time with you. I will seriously miss you. And don't worry, you can't miss me that much because I'll be visiting more often with Alexandra " She said with a giggle and stood up to throw her empty ice cream cup in the dumpster.

I turned my head to the other direction and saw Mason. He was running like he was chased by a car. I stood up and waited for him to get to us. " Why is he running? " Mia asked as she stood beside me.