Chapter 15

Holly

After the doctor made multiplied examination and tests to my elbow, I got informed that the area near my elbow was slightly fractured. Mason signed some papers after the doctor wrapped my arm with gypsum, then we got out of the hospital and went to eat.

When Mia asked me if I wanted to be kissed, I felt frustrated and avoided eye contact because I didn't want to answer her question. But lucky for me, Mason interrupted our little chat when he entered the hospital room with the doctor next to him and I felt relieved that I didn't answer.

Did I want to be kissed? Yes, most girls would love to be kissed but by someone they truly love and appreciate. I wanted to be kissed by someone who loved me for who I am, and for what I do. I wanted someone that could accept my ideas and thoughts. And I was quite glad that Mason wasn't able to kiss my lips because it would be by mistake and I didn't want a mistake.

I want my kisses to be special for a special person. I wanted them to be intentional and true.

" Do you want to eat Chinese food? There is a small restaurant around the block, it's nice and the food is delicious. What do you think? " Mason asked us then he stole a glance at me from the rare view mirror and turned back to the road. I nodded not wanting to speak.

" Yes, it's been a while since I ate it " Mia _who was sitting next to Mason_ commented with a soft smile. " I'm super hungry, it's 5:30 pm and we still didn't eat " She added while rubbing her stomach like a little kid. I was hungry too but I didn't think of it much due to the embarrassing events that happened in the past few hours. It was like my life took a sudden turn that caused my thoughts to twirl.

" Okay then " He cleared then turned on the radio. As the music was playing, I got notified of a new message on my phone. I opened it and saw that it was sent from Father. I began reading it through the quiet music that was playing on the radio.

′ Hello Holly,
How are you? I hope you're doing great. I know that you're mad at me for leaving you alone but I didn't get another choice to tell you the truth. Here we go... Two years ago, I took a loan from the bank to balance our lives. But I couldn't return all of the money on time, so when the new job offer came to me on a plate of gold and offered a higher salary, I couldn't refuse it. I hope you understand dear that I did it against my own will.
Let's leave that aside until I come and visit, now tell me about Mason, how is he treating you? Is he good? Do I need to kill him? Anyway, Holly, I love you and I'll come to visit you in the next two weeks. Talk to you later.′

" Why are you smiling? " Mia asked as I finished reading the long message. I looked at her then composed myself.

Was I really smiling? " No, it's nothing. So are we there yet? " I asked, wanting to change the subject.

" Almost " was Mason's short reply.

I turned my gaze to my phone and began typing a reply. I deleted it several times until I decided on this ′ Hey dad, thank you for texting and I understand the situation but I do hope that we could talk about it more when you come and visit. Don't worry about me, I'm perfectly fine and Mason is a good man. He did nothing wrong. Talk to you later, bye. ′ And then I sent.

Maybe I shouldn't have written Dad, maybe I should have stayed with the old way and call him father!

Good thing he couldn't see me because I was not perfectly fine. I was injured but I couldn't find myself writing that. He didn't need to know. " Let's eat " Mia shouted, bringing me back to reality when we parked in front of a small but nice restaurant. I nodded then turned my back and wanted to open the door but I was stopped.

" Don't open it, I will " Mason ordered then got out of the car and turned around to my side and opened the door for me. Gentleman much?

I smiled at his action then got out. " Thank you Mason " I said and he nodded then I started walking next to Mia to the front doors. Mason was right behind us.

As we entered, a male waiter stood before us and smiled widely. " Welcome, and thank you for choosing this place to fill your tummies with our Chinese food. Would you like to sit near the big window or near the chief? " The waiter offered and Mason and I looked at Mia and waited for her reply.

She looked confused. " What? " She asked.

" You choose " I cleared and she grinned.

" Really? " She asked, kinda excited.

" Yes, now choose " Mason assured then sighed.

" Okay then, the big window, " She said and the waiter nodded. I expected her to choose the chief since she was so curious about almost everything but I guessed wrong.

" Follow me, " The waiter said and we did as we were told. I was shocked when we stopped in front of the big window because the landscape was breathtaking and beautiful. I didn't know that this part of the town even existed.

" Wow, " I whispered at the beautiful scenery then felt a presence next to me. I couldn't remove my eyes from the view to see who was it.

" I know " Mason commented and then I turned and stared at him. He was staring back with a small, tiny little smile. " I told you, I've been here before. So I know " He replied to my unasked question and we sat on the chairs.

•••••

Hello

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Please vote and comment ♡
Inkitt chapters are ahead of wattpad, the link is on my bio

Please vote and comment ♡Inkitt chapters are ahead of wattpad, the link is on my bio