Chapter 4

Holly

" Holly " Father eyed me with a tired expression displayed on his face. He looked kind of sad, or uneasy. I wasn't sure so I waited for him to speak what's on his mind. " Can you leave us for a minute, please? " he asked politely and I nodded in a slow motion. I stole another glance at Mason and I saw a little grin on his perfectly shaped lips, yet his eyes were still. What was he thinking?

I just walked out of the room with a shrug, not really bothering thinking about him much.

I went to the kitchen and sat on my usual chair then laid my arms on the counter. I sighed then gazed at mother's small picture that was framed on the counter, near a water bottle and a glass cup. Our world, that what was written on tbe picture frame. It hurt me every time I looked at it.

" Hey mother " I whispered really low so that no one could hear." I guess, things are changing now. " I stated with a sad smile that was filled with desolation and sorrow.

I've always talked with her pictures and photos. Her smile in every one of them made me happy, it gave me the feeling that she was hearing me out with the motherly smile on her beautiful face. That's why I kept her photo inside my necklace, the one that I never take off. It was my treasure. It gave me the feeling that I was not alone, and I have someone to talk too. I miss you.

I sat probably on the chair then got up, I decided to eat my favorite chocolate chips. Milka was the best chocolate ever. I looked through the transparent glass of the cupboards and snacks, my eyes kept traveling around them until I saw the purple cover of my favorite chocolate pack. I smiled but that smile was soon whipped out of my face when I realized that it was on the highest shelf. Away from me. Why father? why?

I stood of my tiptoes and pulled out my hand for the pack, I tried catching it but I couldn't. I huffed and wanted to grab a chair but suddenly, out of no where, a large arm made it's way to the chocolate pack for me. I looked up and saw Mason. He was tall, too tall to me.

I turned around so I was facing him. I had to title my head up a little to meet his colored beautiful eyes. He just stared at me with bored expression on his face without saying any word, then he handed me the pack and walked back to the living room. I followed him, to thank him and to see my father but I didn't. He wasn't there. I looked around the room until my eyes landed on Mason's.

" Where is he? " I asked him in a raised voice so that he could hear me, afterwards, he pointed at a paper that was placed on the table. I neared it then grabbed it with arched eyebrows. " What is this? " I asked again and he shrugged cluelessly. I sighed feeling deceived for some reason. From father.

I opened it and my eyes roamed the words that were written by father. "Holly, I'm sorry I had to leave without saying goodbye, I hate goodbyes and you know it. The car that was supposed to pick me up to the airport arrived earlier than planned, I hope you don't get angry with me, I love you Holly. I'll always do. I will come and visit every once in a while, don't worry about Mason. You are in good hands but if you ever get hurt by him in any way, do NOT hesitate to call, I would be beside you in no time Holly. Please don't hate me my dear daughter.

Your old man, Michael "

After I finished reading father's note, I felt angry but happy at the same time. I couldn't control my mood swings. I looked up and saw Mason standing in front of me with blank expression that triggered something in me." Why didn't you tell me? " I asked him, he didn't look at me at all. " Answer me " I demanded yet I got no answer.

I stepped closer to him and raised my eyebrows." Are you mute ? " I asked, feeling pissed off at my situation that I got forced into.

He looked at me, and without any care in the world, he shook his head no. I slapped my phone that was in my hand the whole time to the table. That move caused the coffee to spill on the carpet. " Then talk " I demanded in a higher tone. The fury was evident in my voice. Mason sighed then shrugged his shoulders and went back to the kitchen.

I ran behind him and stopped him by grabbing his black jacket. " Talk Mason, I can't have you here for two years without saying a word. " I reasoned and he sighed again then walked to the kitchen.

" I enjoy the beauty of silence, I'll be going back to the living to clean up the mess you just made. Move. " he replied in a cold tone that it didn't faze me at all.

" I won't move. " I challenged him and crossed my arms with a smirk. " So what are you going to do about it? " I asked.

" So if it's gonna be like this... " he said more to himself, then his next move made me yelp in surprise. He threw me on his shoulder. What the hell?

" Let me down " I yelled, I tried to free myself by using my fighting skills and it almost worked, he was off guard when I tried to jump, but he managed to tighten his grip around my waist.

" Just shut up " he yelled back in an angry tone, then put me down on the couch roughly. He bent down and started cleaning the carpet from the spilled coffee. I know I should clean that and I would have but in a different situation that didn't involve him. I had to prove that I am strong.

I'll have to deal with him for two years?  Game on.

°°°°°°

Hello beautiful one :)

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter ♡

Please vote and comment♛