Chapter 21

Mason

" I knew that my plan would work. So, when's the wedding? " Mia asked teasingly and Josh_ My best friend_ burst out of laughing. Holly jumped and let go of me. I didn't want her to let go, I was quite comfortable but my evil sister and best friend had to blow it all. I didn't look at them, I just buried my face in the pillow that was placed on Holly's lap. She looked so embarrassed and so was I. Mia will kill me, someday if not today.

" Shut up " I muttered and Mia started making weird noises that were supposed to resemble 'kiss' moans. I lifted my head from the pillow and glanced at Holly's eyes that were pleading for help. She was staring at the ceiling. " Mia that's gross, now stop it or I'll kill you with my tickles and I know that you loath tickling. So, it's your call!" as soon as I threatened her, her eyes widened with fear and I, with an open heart, smirked. Holly turned her gaze back to me and she was smirking too, and damn she looked hot. Well, she's always hot but you know...

" N-no please, I'll go. Bye " Mia waved us goodbye and flew out of the door. Josh just stood there with a smug look on his face. I raised one eyebrow and waited for him. What're best friends for?

" Are you planning on standing there all day or..." I trailed off with an annoyed expression on my face hoping that he'd get the hint and leave. Josh chuckled then crossed his arms over his chest.

" Ya man, sorry. But when you're done with... whatever, I need to talk to you. See you, I'll be in the living room watching movies with Mia " He cleared then uncrossed his arms and grabbed the doorknob. Then, he closed the door leaving us alone with the comfortable silence.

As I looked back at Holly, I saw myself lying on her lap. I couldn't help it but collapse on her legs. She didn't tense nor move and I smirked at that. I felt wanted and happy. She brought her hands and started playing with my hair. Her touch made me shiver with delight. " Mmmm" I muttered then closed my eyes.

" You look like a little baby in his mother's lap " She pointed out then giggled like an adorable angel. I wrapped my arms around her waist and breathed in her scent.

" You're beautiful, " I said in a whisper but I intended for her to hear me. I opened my eyes and raised my head to meet her gaze. She was blushing.

" T-thank you and you're h-handsome " She replied and I couldn't help it but stare at her mesmerizing gray eyes. They enchant me everytime I glance at her. I'm very glad that I dropped my past life, it wasn't pretty and I couldn't have involved her in my business. She'd get hurt.

I lifted myself and was at eye level with her. " I want to kiss you " I bluntly stated, surprising the both of us. I couldn't believe that I'd say those words ever since my life turned upside down. I always ignored the idea of affection and love for and from other people. I was so busy with dealing with my own shit. Plus, I didn't want anyone to get in any kind of danger because of me.

Her eyes widened but then they turned back to normal and she seemed to relax. She smiled brightly at me. Her smile made me feel at the edge of a universe. It was a splendid feeling. " Then do it " As those words left her pretty soft mouth, I placed my palms on both of her cheeks and then crashed my lips to hers. Seconds later, she kissed me back and put her hands on my chest.

I was so drowned in the kiss that I forgot about the world for a couple of seconds. Why should I care about the world when it was in my arms?  " Your lips are so soft " I stated after we pulled apart to catch our breaths. I placed my forehead on hers then smiled. She looked at me.

" Stop it, Mason, you know it's embarrassing! " She slapped my chest, playfully and I grabbed her wrists but gently.

" If that's all it takes to see those adorable blushed cheeks, then I won't stop. Never " I replied with a grin then pecked her cheek. " I don't want to move " I added with a groan when I remembered Josh.