Chapter 18

Holly

Mia can embarrass you a lot, she was annoying but I still liked her. I was quiet the whole way home. And when Mason parked in my driveway, I jumped out of the car and headed to my room without saying anything to the both of them. I glanced at my watch and it said 8:20 pm, so I decided to take a quick shower to release the stress that made its way to my brain and body.

I was tired. This time not from life, but from my feelings. They made me go crazy but crazy good. I liked it when Mason's arm was wrapped around my shoulders, it made me feel warm and secure for some reason. He made me feel protected even though I didn't need help or protection. I could protect myself, alone. That's how I lived for the past couple of years. I was independent. But suddenly, I didn't want to be that independent girl. I wanted to be weak when I was with him... What on earth was I thinking?

I sighed then shook my head hoping that I'd stop thinking about him. He made me feel vulnerable.

I picked random clothes for the night. A baggy gray sweater and black sweatpants and finally my underwear. I closed my bedroom door then stripped from my clothes except for my undies, I kept them on and headed to the bathroom.

As I stepped into the shower and let the hot water fall on my skin, making it look kind of light red close to the pink color, dad's message ran though my mind. He said he was coming in about two week to visit me. Did he change? Was the first question. I know that it's been barley a month since he went, but still! A day away could change you and your ways.

You never know what life is preparing for you. A surprise?  Sure. A good one?  It depends on how you accept and act. And I was hoping that life was saving a spot for me in the good life row. But I didn't know if we were that close of friends to go over saving seats phase.

I glanced at my waterproof watch and debated if I should get out of the bathroom. I looked at my fingers and saw crinkles so I decided to turn off the water and get out. All the time, I had a transparent bag around my elbow so that the gypsum won't get wet. I grabbed the big towel and covered my body with it then twisted the door knob.

As I glanced at my bed, I saw Mia with a smirking face staring right at me. She took me by surprise so I screamed. I couldn't help the sudden urge to let my voice fill the small house. " Of God, you scared me. Mia at least make a sound! " I scolded her with my hand tightening on the towel so it won't fall. As I wanted to breath out, my bedroom door flew open to reveal a restless Mason. I screamed again, but not just because he didn't give me a warning that he was coming in, it was also because I was only in a freaking small towel.

Reminded me of the night he asked for permission to let Mia stay here.
It was awkward but we were over it... Until now. Damn my luck, why?

" Shit " He whispered without even averting eye contact with me. I didn't want to look away that's why I didn't. We were frozen in time, not daring to move an inch. After some time, we heard the door close and a lock sound. That 'click' made us snap from our daze and look at the door. I gazed bad at my bed and didn't find her.

My eyes widened and my head snapped to the door. " Mia! " I shouted and walked towards it. I banged on it then felt Mason's presence next to my almost naked body. " Mia, open the door! " I shouted once more and he tried the door knob but it was locked.

" Mia, open it right now " He said for the first time since he stepped foot in my room. I felt him tense when my arm brushed over his.

" Let me think about it like in all cliché movies and I'll give you a cliché answer... Nope " She replied in a happy tone. She had alter motivate and I had no clue of what was it. " Holly you don't have anything tomorrow right? " She asked and I looked at Mason with a confused expression. He just shrugged with a sigh.