Chapter 8

Holly

" Give me all of your money that you just gained " the man yelled in my face in his rough voice and I had to hold my breath back because he smelled like alcohol and drugs. He was too drunk. I hate those men.

" So you followed me to my fighting spot? " I asked with raised eyebrows, waiting for him to speak.

" Ha, yeah. You taught that prick a lesson. Good gooood job, heartless girllll, you were coolll and you were right girls are stronggg " he replied and I sighed, I was tired and this man showed up at the wrong time.

I won't let him have my money that easily, I worked so hard for it. It was from my sweat and blood, literally. " Yeah, no " I said then tried to wiggle away from his tight grip, but he was too strong, or I felt that he was stronger than me because of the pain that was throbbing in my elbow. Damn it.

" Don't tryyy, I know that you're hurttt heartless girl. Your hand is badly injured hehe " he hiccuped then grabbed my elbow and squeezed it.

I screamed from the pain and felt like throwing up. My eyes teared up but I didn't let the them fall. I was not that weak. Through all these years, I depended on myself, only. " Let go of me " I yelled in his ear. I attempted once again to fight him off of me but the pain weakened me. I felt like a feather.

" Tsk tsk tsk noooo, don't try. Wait, when I look at your face closely, you are a hot chick. I thinkkk I'm gonna have fun for a while before I take all of your moneyyy. Your body looks delicious " he whispered in my ear and that caused me to gag and shiver with disgust.

" No " I cried out then held my knee to kick him in his family jewels, but he grabbed my knee and pushed me further into the wall. Fearless my a•s, I was terrified.

I couldn't do anything but to scream for help. But I bet someone was gonna help the Heartless girl. " Help " I called at the top of my lungs. Hoping for the best.

" Shut up " the man covered my mouth and tried to kiss my face. Hell no. I shook my head. Someone help, oh God please help me.

As soon as my prayers were answered, a voice cut the man's off. " Hey " the voice grew closer. " Let go of her " he yelled at him and shoved him away from me with a punch to his side head, and I fell to the ground. I breathed in and out and looked at my rescuer. Mason was kicking the man. He was going to kill him when I called for him.

" Mason please stop, you're gonna kill him, stop " I begged for him to stop. He sighed and let got of the man then he ran away from us. Barely.

Mason kneeled down and inspected my body for any wounds, and when he found my elbow's, he shot his gray green eyes at my green pale ones. " He did that to you? " he asked with a pissed off tone.

I quickly shook my head. " No, that's another story. " I told him and he relaxed his tensed muscles. As he wanted to grab my elbow, I winced. " We have to treat it. " he cleared and stood up, waiting for me.

I wanted to stand, but my legs felt like jelly and I fell back down. " I can't walk. " I stated. Mason rubbed his face with his palm. Sorry to make you feel anxious. " You don't have to wait for me. And thank you. " I cleared then crossed my arms.

I sighed. As I tried once again to stand, strong arms made their way under my thighs and back. Mason carried me bridal style and started walking. " What are you doing? " I asked, completely puzzled by his action.

" Carrying you " he said, his eyes never left the road ahead.

I rolled my eyes. " Way to state the obvious " I commented.

" You can't walk, you expect me to leave you here after that accident? " he asked while looking at me with raised eyebrows. Because he was distracted, he almost stumbled upon a trash can, and I wrapped my arms around his neck to prevent my fall.

I thought then looked at the stars in the night sky. " Thank you Mason. I appreciate your help " I thanked genuinely, then looked back at him.

His face was blank as usual. " You're welcome " he replied with no emotions. " Now tell me, how did you manage to make your elbow look so ugly? " he asked.

•••••

" Okay, wait here. I'll get the first aid kit. " he pointed out when he placed me on the couch in the living room. He walked out through the door. I turned the tv on to see The Longest Ride movie playing. Mason was watching it? It was recorded.

Moments later, he came back. " Okay, show me your arm " he ordered and sat next to me on the couch. I lifted my arm and looked at my wound. It looked nasty.

When he began cleaning the wound, I remembered the romantic movie that was playing in the background. " You were watching The Longest Ride? " I asked with a small grin.

He gazed at the tv and his eyes twitched a little. " You're 20 right? " he asked, totally avoiding my question.

My eyes sparkled. " You have, didn't you? " I stated more and made him shift in his place. " You didn't deny it"

He stole a glance at me then turned back to my elbow. " Was that wrong? " he asked.

I smiled. " No, it's just unexpected. " I cleared.

He looked back at me. " Why? " confusion was evident on his face.

" Well... You look like the kind of guys who watch action or horror movies
not a movie that's based on a novel written by Nicholas Sparks. Never judge a book by it's cover " I replied with a smirk.

" You read the book? " he asked, his question made me think that he wanted to make a conversation to distract me from the pain. It worked.

" Yes, it was great. Have you? " I asked.

He rolled his eyes. " Don't push it, if I watched the movie doesn't mean I read the book. I don't read in general. " he answered bluntly, to my surprise.

" Then you should read, reading can make you happy " I suggested. Then winced when he put some liquid on the wound.

" And who told you that I'm not happy? " he asked with raised eyebrows. Challenging me. As I looked at him more closely, his face was so handsome but held remorse for some reason when he replied. He felt me staring at him so I ripped my gaze away.

I cleared my throat. " I don't know, just a guess. " I shrugged then looked at my elbow. He wrapped a cloth around it and patted my back.

" All done " he announced then stood up.

" Thank you so much " I replied with a warm smile. " You showed me your kind side. " I added.

He smirked. " Oh, don't get used to it. It was just to distract you from the pain. " he said with a smug look.

" I meant the movie " I smirked back and his smirk fell.

" B•tch " he muttered and walked out of the room. I burst out of laughing to the point of me rolling on the couch.

Score to Holly.

°°°°°

Hi there ♡

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Did you like their little chat ?

Hope you vote and comment ♛