Chapter 35

Make sure to read chapter 31, 32, 33, 34,35, 36 in order.

Holly

My young mom and I spent a lot of time together, I couldn't remember how long I have been in this very realistic dream. I stopped counting after a month. She still didn't meet up with dad but I get the feeling that she will very soon. She took me to a Cafe to have breakfast so we were sitting on a small table while waiting for our order to arrive. "So, Holly... Do you remember now how did you get here? Not to be rude or anything, I was just wondering" Mom asked me with a small smile. I smiled a sad one and shook my head. 

"No, nothing at all" I lied. I didn't want to tell her that this was a dream because I had a feeling that if I said anything, I'd wake up. I wanted to, I knew that I have my loved ones were waiting for me, I understood that but I wanted to see my parents together for the last time. I wouldn't have this chance ever again because my mom was actually dead and not in front of me, smiling.

"I'm sorry but let's forget about that for now and enjoy our food" She countered as she saw the food being placed in front of us. I nodded and we began eating. We chatted about random things until I saw something that made my eyes widen with shock. I blinked twice to confirm it and he was there, standing behind mom while goofing around with his friends. I choke on my food from the sudden surprise. "Holly!" Mom quickly stood up and rushed to me with a glass of water, I didn't drink it because I knew that water can close the airway to your lungs, and let you chock to death. I tried to take deep breathes but it didn't work, I started to panic not because I was about to die, I panicked because I knew that something was actually happening to me, in real life. Then suddenly, I felt firm arms wrap around my chest from the back and squeezed. The Heimlich manoeuvre.  After a few attempts, I spat the piece of food that almost killed me and took a deep breath, then my legs gave up on me and I fell into my chair. "Oh my God! Holly! Are you okay?" Mom asked as she inspected my sweaty face. I sighed in relief and nodded.

"Yes, Jane. Thanks" I said as I saw her worried expression. She then smiled at me and looked behind me. I arched my eyebrows and raised my head and then I saw him, the one who caused me to almost die.

She shook her head and pointed at him, my dad. The younger version on him. "Don't thank me, thank him. He saved you, not me" She cleared and looked at him with a proud smile. So, this was how they met? Maybe that was all from my head and imagination but I was satisfied. I stood up and pulled out my hand for him and shook it. "Thank you so much, sir, you saved my life. I can't thank you enough, I'm Holly and this is Jane" I countered then looked at mom who was already checking him out. I smirked and pulled dad into an empty seat next to mom. His friends sat with us while chatting between themselves, and ignoring us.

"I'm Micheal, and there is no need to thank me. I did what anyone would do" He said then glanced at mom. I saw the attraction between them so I had a plan in mind that might work. 

I clapped my hands together to grab their attention and it did. "Why don't you come over tomorrow to Jane's house at 2 pm and we will make you a fancy meal, you know, as thanks for saving me?" I suggested and saw mom's eyes sparkle and she immediately nodded.

"Yes, I make pretty good deserts. You saved my friend so we must repay you, we won't take no for an answer" She exclaimed and I chuckled at her enthusiasm. I looked at dad and saw him thinking for a second but then mom raised an eyebrow and he gave up.

He smiled. "Fine, I will come. Here, write down your address and I expect a lot of desserts" He warned playfully and I almost squealed. He got up with his friends after she gave him the address and they went to their own table. I quickly looked at mom and smirked.

"He's a charmer isn't he?" I asked with a knowing smile and she nodded without realizing it.

Her eyes widened and she grabbed my shoulders. "What did I do? I invited a complete stranger into my house! Well, basically, you did but still! Oh, my God..." She freaked and I laughed out loud. She glared at me and I shrugged.

"Jane, I saw how you looked at him and he saved me, so, let's go to the grocery store and buy the ingredients for your 'pretty good desserts'. Come on!" I pointed out and grabbed her hands and we went to the cashier and paid for the food. I hope this works!

*****

We were sitting in the living room, waiting for dad to show up. Mom had been nervous from the minute she woke up and I kind of understood her. He was her future husband after all but she didn't know that and won't know it from me. She will find out when it's time. I was interrupted from my thinkings by a doorbell. Mom rose from her seat and ran to the door but before she opened it, she looked at me. "How do I look?" She asked me and I chuckled.

She was wearing a yellow cute dress that reached her knees with flat sandals. "Beautiful as always, now open it and don't be shy" I smirked and she nodded then opened the door with a bright smile. Dad was there wearing casual clothes but he looked handsome. They suited each other and I loved the sight of them together.

"Hey Micheal, welcome" She greeted and let him in. I smiled. "Welcome," I said and he smiled brightly. He was dad, that smile was his for sure.

"Thank you, girls and this is for you" He handed us a red flower each and it was beautiful. I smelled it and got lost in its scent. We walked to the dining table and we sat. The food was already there, we put it there because mom was too excited to meet him again. "Shall we begin?" He asked as he grabbed the fork.

"Yes, please!" Mom replied and we began eating. As I was about to put the first bite in my mouth, I had a very strong headache. I excused myself without making a scene and went to the bathroom. As I locked the door behind me, I fell to the floor while holding my head in my hands. I squeezed it really hard and winced at the pain, it was too much to handle, it was like knife were being stabbed in it. I opened my eyes but my vision was blurry and I couldn't see well. I felt scared and my breathing was cut short and then, I fell into deep darkness...

*****

hello ...

I hope you liked it.