Chapter 32

Make sure to read chapter 31, 32, 33, 34,35, 36 in order.

Mason

 Have you ever got that feeling where you stop breathing for seconds while seeing something shocking and paralyzing? I have, it was when I saw a guy pull his head out of a black van and shoot my angel, Holly. It was too sudden for me to react on time. I was too slow. "Holly!" I ran to her and caught her body before it could hit the ground. I looked at her head and saw that the bullet broke through the right side of her brain. I saw blood dripping from the hole and it ran down her face. I quickly placed my hand on the hole and put a lot of pressure on it. Her life was on the line and it was my fault.

"Holly! No!" Her dad crouched down next to me and cupped her face with his big hands. Tears were dripping from his eyes and I lost it, I started crying too. "Wake up" He yelled and I gazed at my sisters. They were standing near us but not moving.

"Alex, Mia call for help! An ambulance. Now!" I shouted to grab their attention and it worked. Alex pulled out her phone and dialed for help, Mia kneeled down and touched Holly's forearm with trembling hands. She was calm but I know that she was freaking out from the inside, I knew. I was her brother. "Holly, baby. Please open your eyes, don't give up on us! Don't give on life. Your life is turning better. Angel, my angel open those beautiful green eyes of yours." I whispered near her ear while crying like a baby. 

"The help will be here in less than five minutes, meanwhile, I will go and grab a towel and duck tape to wrap her head and prevent more bleeding," Alexandra said and ran to the house. I thanked God that she knew the basics. I knew them but wasn't in the right state of mind to function properly. I was too messed up with Holly laying lifeless in my hands than to think. I just couldn't.

"Holly, please don't die... You are my best friend" Mia quietly countered and squeezed her hand. 

"Micheal, can you check her pulse?" I asked him after I breathed deeply. I couldn't remove my hands from her wound. He was her dad but he was doing better than I was. Her was firmer and more mature, I guess. He nodded and put his fingers on her neck where the pulse was supposed to be. 

"I can feel a pulse but it is weak. Where is the damn help?" He asked while running his hand through his hair. Our clothes turned red from her blood and Alex ran back to us with a white towel and tape. She sat near me and started wrapping her head with the towel, then she ducked tape it tightly and the bleeding stopped. What scared me the most was that the bullet didn't break through the other side, it was still stuck in her head and any wrong move, the bullet might actually do a lot more damage and kill her. She still got a chance. A chance to live.

I believed in fate and I knew that everyone had a certain lifespan and I also believed that fate was not that cruel. God would help her through this because that was not her end. She had so much in her life that needed to be done. She was an angel, my angel and I needed her in my life. I couldn't lose her. No, not after I lost my parents. She will live.

Where was the help? She needed treatment. As on cue, we heard the sirens and I raised my head and saw a paramedics' ambulance a few blocks away. When they ran to us, they saw her and checked her pulse. "What do we got?" One of them asked and Mia explained. "Okay, her pulse is weak and we need to take her to the hospital right away. Help us move her but very carefully. We don't want more damage to accrue" She asked and I nodded. God, please help her!

****

We got out of the ambulance and we were about to enter the hospital when Holly's body started acting weird. "She's seizing," One paramedic said in a worried tone. "We need a doctor here" The other one yelled and a man in blue ran to us. "We have a 20-year-old female who was shot in the head from the right side. The bullet is still in her head and her pulse is weakening" He explained and we followed them.