Chapter 25

Holly

After Mason and I woke up _the next morning_ on the couch, cuddled together, we went to our rooms and prepared ourselves to go out. We planned on going to the doctor so that he can finally remove the gypsum from my elbow then we'd go on our date. First official date.

I got out of the shower and walked to the mirror. " My life is getting better " I whispered to my mother's photo that was on my nightstand. She looked absolutely beautiful with her wide smile. I looked at myself in the mirror then at her back again. The sun reflected her beautiful eyes, she was flawless in my eyes and I was sure that dad thought that too about her. After all, she was his first and last love. He told me one day that he won't love any other woman, he won't be able to because he already got his heart stolen by my mother, he didn't care that she was no longer here and he could marry another woman again, he was so in love with her. He said that he would stay loyal to her even after she died. " I hope you're looking at me from above mom, I miss you "  I cried in agony then held her photo frame in my hands. Two minutes later, I heard a knock on the door. " Yeah? " I said then wiped out my tears and put the photo frame in its original place.

" Holly, are you ready? " Mason asked but he didn't open the door.

" Yes, just give me a minute to put on my shoes " I replied then bent down and grabbed my Adidas and sat on my bed. " You can enter if you want to" I offered then heard the door open.

" I sure will, " He said with a grin and I smiled at him. He looked at my face then arched his eyebrows. " Were you crying?! " He asked in a slightly panicked tone as he sat next to me. I put on my shoes then looked at the floor to avoid any eye contact with him. But, he had other plans for me. He grabbed my cheeks in his warm palms and gazed into my eyes for a while. " Are you okay, angel? "

I sighed but then nodded. " I'm alright, it's just... I saw my mother's picture and remembered the good times so I felt emotional and the tears started to crawl down my cheeks. I just miss her so much " I countered honestly then closed my eyes to prevent more tears from falling. He stroked my cheeks with his thumbs then made me look at him. I saw a sad smile on his handsome face.

" Holly, I miss my parents too but life needs to go on. I know it's hard but reality has a lot of junctions waiting for us and we got to go through them, either the hard way or the easy way. And don't worry, I'll be there to help you. Like I told you before, I'm not leaving you. Ever " he assured then kissed my forehead. He let his soft lips linger for a minute or two until he stood up. " let's go for our date now, shall we? "

I laughed. " Oh, we shall Mr Coke " I replied then stood up next to him and we headed to his motorbike. The car that he used yesterday was rented but this motorbike was his.

••••

" Well, Mrs Caldwell, I see that your injury is no longer there. I'll remove the cast now, so, don't move, please " the doctor requested and I nodded then looked at Mason. He winked at me and I rolled my eyes playfully. " You know... for that injury to heal this fast is quite unusual, you have a strong build, Mrs Caldwell. You should be thankful because it usually takes two months to heal at least. What's your secret? " the doctor asked with an amused look on his face.

I chuckled at his amusement. " I go to the gym and train a lot, that's why I have a strong body and bones. Besides, if you want strong bones, the logical thing to do is drink milk because it has a good amount of calcium. You should know that, you are the doctor after all " I explained with a smile.

He nodded. " absolutely, you are smart, young lady. Take good care of her!" the doctor said then looked at Mason with a serious expression. Mason just smiled.

" Of course sir, are you done? " he asked him in a slightly annoyed tone and I grinned.

" Yes, you're free to go and be careful. Goodbye " the doctor said then made me sign a paper. After I was done with everything, we headed outside and walked to Mason's motorbike.

" It's so good to feel that you are not tied to anything. The gypsum was a handful " I countered then grabbed Mason's waist so that I don't fall. 

" It was, now... to the date? " he asked with a smirk and I nodded. He took off and we headed to our place that yet I know nothing about.

***

" We got to walk through the park to get to our place, I will park my bike here " He cleared and parked in the parking spot for motorbikes. I got off it and handed him the helmet. He took it and placed it in its place. 

" Let's go, " he said then grabbed my hand and we started walking. " Do you like hights? " he asked me as we reached the kids' playground. Kids were everywhere. 

I looked at him. " Yes, I love high places " I replied. " Why? " 

He gave me his infamous smirk." You'll see soon, and do- " As he was saying, he got interrupted by a high pitched voice. 

" Holly Caldwell? Is that you? " We turned around to look at the one who was speaking and I was surprised to see someone I used to know from high school.

I sighed then nodded. "It's me, how are you, Sierra? " I asked the brunette in front of me with a weary expression. We didn't have a good relationship, and I didn't know why. She used to call me names whenever I beat her with a grade or a sport. You could say that she was competitive but I didn't bother myself with her much, I used to ignore her whenever she was in a bad mood... which was most of the time. I hope she changed.

" I feel wonderful after seeing you and this hunk over here " She replied then looked at Mason with a flirtatious smile. " What's your name?" She asked then placed his palms on his chest. Oh hell no!

I looked at Mason and saw him nervous and eager to move away from her. " I'm Mason and taken " he replied then grabbed her hands and shoved them away from his chest. That was my boy.

Sierra just shrugged and walked closer to him. " I don't care, she obviously doesn't deserve you. I will be much better for you " She bluntly said and I felt like my blood was boiling.

I stepped in front of Mason and blocked her way then I gave her an angry smile. " Excuse yourself because I'm his girlfriend so back off! I knew that I hated you for a reason, you had no respect for anyone back in high school and clearly, you still don't " I spat at her and her eyes widened for seconds then her sly smirk was back.

" Now, I want him even more and you can't do anything to stop me " She tried to get past me but I grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back. 

" Oh believe me... I can " I whispered near her ears then tightened my grip on her and she whimpered from the pain. " Don't go around like a slut and flirt or try to steal anyone's boyfriend. You look cheap, honey. Now bye " I added then let go of her arm and walked to Mason then grabbed his arm. " Let's go, " I said then saw Sierra walk away while her good arm is holding the one that I twisted.

" You know that you looked hot, right? " Mason pointed out with a smirk and I hit his shoulder playfully. I love him so much.

~~~

Hello fellas :)

I hope you liked this chapter!

Please vote and comment. And, a few more updates here and I will stop posting this book of wattpad until further notice and you can read the whole version on inkitt. The link in my bio.

 The link in my bio