Chapter 3

Holly

I couldn't sleep at all. My eyes couldn't sleep. I was so tired to the point of falling, but due to my exhausted overthinking mind, I couldn't sleep and rest for even one second. How could I when my life will take a big turn?

The turn's name was Mason Coke.

I sat on my bed probably and looked around me, then signed. I saw sweaters and pants littered on the floor from yesterday, the sad thing was that they were collecting more dust than my withered expectations from father's behavior. I sighed again then pulled my hair up into a missy pony tail and got out of the warm bed that I get too comfortable in, sometimes.

" He's coming today " I stated like I'm sick of this life yet I couldn't do anything about it. I endured a lot and no one cared. My own father didn't think much of the idea that I'm going to be staying with some guy, that I don't know, for a long time. He was too selfish to reconsider his job's deal.

We were not poor and he knew that, we were not rich and he knew that, we were satisfied with what we had and he knew that. I just guess, he didn't know that mother's shadow was still be hunting him to get away. To be on his own. Alone, in Holland... Where they first met.

Their story was so romantic. Back when mother was still alive, I'd be more than happy and delighted to hear about their beautiful story, over and over again. Fate brought them together, I believe.

I headed to the bathroom to wash up. As I entered, I opened the faucet and did my morning routine. After sometime in the bathroom, I wore  black shorts and a gray T-shirt that said 'Eyes Talk' with a black jacket and black vans, then I got out and went to the kitchen.

I always wondered how would it feels like, to wake up and smell your mother's cookings?  Or even your father's? I haven't experienced that in a long time.

I get up, at 6 in the morning everyday, I start my day the same way. I cook for father. I cook for me. I, sometimes, cook for the neighbors when their parents are out, but no one ever cooks for me. What should I say... My luck has been expired since mother's death. I got used to it without me noticing. It's sad, I know.

I grabbed a pan out of the cupboard and put it on the stove. Then I pulled out five eggs from the fridge and some milk and Bacon.

" Good morning Holly " father greeted as he entered the kitchen. He sat on his usual chair and grabbed the daily newspaper. " What's for breakfast? " he asked me while reading the news.

I turned my back and faced him. " Milk, eggs and Bacon. Is that good? " I asked as I started cooking. He just nodded his head without looking at me in the eyes. I sighed then got back to do my boring job. I miss the fightings. I miss the time where I can feel the adrenaline rush through my whole aching body. I love that feeling, it makes me feel alive and not dead.

Today was a day off at my college for me and father didn't have work because he was going to the airport at 6 in the evening, so I didn't have to hurry up. I just took my time with doing what I was doing. Cooking.

The room was too silence to the point of hearing my own breaths. " I'm sorry " Suddenly, I heard father's less than a small whisper. I snapped my head at him and saw a pained and troubled expression on his fatigued face.

I shook my head. I knew what was he referring to." It's alright father " I replied with a weak smile remembering who was coming to live with me.

Hours have passed and the clock turned to 2 in the afternoon. Father and I were sitting in the living room, waiting for Mason Coke to show up.

" Be a good kid Holly, you know I love you and I'm doing this for the both of us. I know that you're angry with me, I get it. I do, but I hope that you'd understand sometime in the near future that I have no other choice. " Father explained while resting his elbows on his knees.

I crossed my arms. " Why do you have no other choice? It's not like we are - " I was interrupted form my ranting by the door bell. I huffed then stood up and headed to the main door.

I opened the door to see a very good looking man standing in front of me. I examined his face very carefully. He had a very special set of gray to blue eyes and he had a sharp jaw line that looked perfect on his charming face... His poker face, because he had a blank expression on it.

I cleared my throat. " Who are you? " I asked with raised eyebrows and crossed arms. Just because he was good looking, I won't fall for him like most girls would do these days. I don't trust men very well. All I saw from them was inconsideration, lost hopes and broken promises. At least, father gave me that image of this specimen.
It's hard to trust even if you wanted to.

I felt a presence behind me so I turned around. Father stood right behind me with a big smile. He came closer to the man and pulled out his hand to shake. " Welcome, Mason. Come on in son " Father invited him in and I walked back to the living room. Soon after, the two males followed suit and sat across from each other.

So that was Mason Coke.

He was damn tall and well built, if I must say.

°°°°°

Hello

I hope you liked this chapter :)
Please vote and comment ♡