Chapter 24

Holly

It's been three days since we saw last Mia and Alexandra. Mason and I were playing video games all the time when I had no college or studies. But I wanted to ask him about his parents and how they disappeared yet I didn't know how to bring that topic up. I was afraid of his reaction.

" Holly, do you want Mango juice? " Mason asked from the kitchen, I was sitting in the living room while watching a boxing match. Oh, and Mason didn't know that I fight... I was willing to tell him as soon as he tells me about his parents.

" Sure " I replied then turned down the volume. Two minutes later, he came with two cups filled with juice.

" Here you go " He handed me it and I smiled widely.

" Thank you, " I said. He sat down beside me on the couch and stared at the tv. " Um, Mason... " I trailed off, collecting every piece of courage in me to ask him.

" Yes, angel? " he replied then looked at me. I loved how he says angel to me, I felt loved and protected.

" I want to ask you something and if you don't feel comfortable answering, I completely understand " I began talking, feeling nervous from the outcome later.

" Ask anything and if it was too hard to answer, I'll tell you. Just ask " He encouraged me, then I put the cup on the counter and he did that too.

" Okay, it's about your parents... what happened to them? " I asked in a quiet tone, too scared to raise my voice.

I looked into his eyes and saw sadness. I regretted asking him that question as I saw his sorrow, his pain, and his loneliness. " I knew that you'd ask that someday but I'll answer anyway. I'm sure that you heard Alex say the other day that our parents disappeared " He pointed out and I nodded. " Well, they literally disappeared from our lives couple of years ago. I was 14 when it happened. We didn't know what to do for awhile, but then I found a job that helped us get our lives back together. I'm not gonna lie... it was not a nice job, hell, I was sure that it was illegal. But, I had no choice " He confessed with a bitter laugh.

I grabbed his arm and squeezed it tight. " Does that job of yours have something to do with the men from the airport? When that man asked you if he knew you, you looked alerted and angry " I asked honestly. I wanted to know... No, I needed to know the truth so that I could share mine. 

" Umm, yes. Holly, please don't hate me. You have to know that I'm not that guy anymore. I have changed and you were part of the change. " He begged then hugged me real tight. I was surprised at first but then I recovered and hugged him back. I wanted to let him know that I was there for him.

" Mason, I would never hate you. You are my boyfriend, friend, and family. Tell me and I will not hate you, I could never " I replied in a firm but genuine tone. I was honest about every single word that I said. Besides, I had an idea about his job but I wanted to confirm it first.

" Thank you... angel, I used to be in a gang and I was the right arm to their leader " He cleared in a whisper and waited for my reaction. I just nodded because that's what I thought. " Believe me, I'm not with them anymore and that guy from the airport joined the gang right before I quit that job forever. He must have remembered me or something " He added.

" You know what? I felt that this was the case, deep down, I knew that you were part of a dangerous group. But, that doesn't mean that I hate you. I don't give a damn about your past job. I love you, Mason, I love you so much and that was in the past. We can't live in the past, we have to move on because the present is a gift from God. He wanted from us to live our lives happy and not sad. We can't be stuck in the history. " I said in a soft tone. He looked at me, surprised by my reaction then he smiled.

" I love you, Holly, " He said then placed his lips on mine. His kiss was soft and slow, it was filled with passion and love. " So freaking much " He added then kissed me again. I kissed him back, making sure that I delivered my feelings for him as well.

After we parted, he kept his arms around me. I lifted my body up and ended up in his lap. I placed my head on his chest and listened to his soft heartbeats. " I think it's fair that I tell you something about me " I pointed out without removing my head. He hummed for me to continue and I did. " You know that my mother died a couple of years ago, and how I loved her so much! "

" Yeah, " He said with a nod.

" Well, when she died... I lost hope, I found life meaningless without her and she was my everything. I wanted a distraction from the bitter reality so I searched for the hope until I found the ring and Marcel, my fighting coach. I fight Mason, I fight and I get paid for it " I confessed then I lifted my head and saw a calm Mason.

" You know that it's kind of obvious that you fight? " He chuckled and I nodded. " But I didn't know that you get paid for it... So this elbow injury, was caused because of a fight? " He asked.

" Yes and no, I got that injury from the car incident that I told you about but it got worse when I fought a racist and sexist prick, nevertheless, I taught him a great lesson about life " I replied with a smirk. Mason looked at me with a smile then shook his head.

" Do we have more secrets? " I asked him. " I'm sure that I'm out of secrets to tell "

He rubbed the nape of his neck and coughed. " Well... "

" What? " I urged for him to speak.

" My ex-leader might be in the area and he might be looking for me. " He replied.

" Okay, we'll get that part together and I'll beat his butt if he comes near you " I threatened.

He laughed then kissed my forehead. " I'm lucky to have the nicest, sexiest, hottest, most beautiful, strongest and intelligent woman in the whole world. I love you so much, Holly and I'm not planning on letting you go anytime soon " He said in a teasing tone and I giggled.

" Don't worry, me neither. I love you " I assured then closed my eyes and cuddled with him until I fell asleep.

••••

Hello fellas :)

I hope you liked this chapter ♡

Please vote and comment and always remember, and this book is finished on inkitt. 18/7/2018 and I'm proud to say that I had so much fun writing it and if you wish to read the book, in its completed version go to inkitt. The link is on my bio, you just need to CLICK it. I will stop posting this book here when I get to a chapter that is in my mind so I hope you understand that it will help me in my future career and support me by reading there. Inkitt is free and ad-free and it's another reading app, what do you have to lose? Nothing. I love you all.

 I love you all