Chapter 10

Mason

When Alexandra told me that I had to look after Mia, I felt happy and so thrilled. After all, Mia grew up in my arms and in front of my eyes until some age where she could rely on herself to go to the bathroom alone at night, or when she stopped requesting bedtime stories.

I love both of my sisters so much and I didn't see them in a while. They were my only family. Family love grew up as we grew up together, while supporting each other. Facing danger together and fighting for our rights together.

And if you ask me about our parents... I'd tell you that we know nothing about them. Nothing. It happened one night when I was an ignorant eleven years old troublemaker while Alexandra was fifteen and Mia was one. That night, 14 years ago, our parents disappeared from our lives, but not from the world. That's what I thought at least.

They didn't leave anything behind them, except for the house that held us in and engulfed us by it's warm for years. The day they disappeared, was the day my life changed. For the worse...

I couldn't wait to look after Mia, but the problem was Holly. I had to ask her and take her permission first, that's why, when I went to her room_ Let's forget about the clothes thing which was awkward to tell you the least_ and asked her, I got too nervous and scared from her reply.

But to my surprise, she agreed with a warm smile that made me get lost in her pale green eyes. They had something that could drag you to her soul yet couldn't tell you what she is or what she's thinking.

I couldn't believe it, because I thought that she'd refuse in a harsh way that will put me in a hole. I guess I just judged her without knowing her.

I felt bad for thinking like that.

In the past, I wouldn't have cared about others feelings. I used to do what I pleased and found the fun in it.

I hated that.

I hated myself for that.

I was not that guy anymore.

I don't want to be him anymore.

That's why, I've changed. And changed paths.

" Mason? " I heard Mia call from her temporary room. I got up from my bed then walked to her's.

After Holly left for college, we just sat in our rooms, doing nothing.

When someone tells me I could do whatever I want to do, all the things that I wanted to do once, suddenly seem boring and plain.

I knocked then entered her room to see her struggling with the zipper of her sweater that was stuck in her hair. She was in a messed up situation. " What? " I asked while laughing. That sight amused me so much because it brought back some funny memories for me but painful for her.

" I'm stuck " She yelled in a frustrated tone, trying to free herself.

I walked towards her and made her stay put with placing my hands on her shoulders. Her arms were stuck in her sweater too. How?

" Hold on a second, I'll release you " I stated then grabbed her hair gently.

My attempts were going well... until I tangled her hair more and she froze in spot. " Um... " I trailed off, not knowing how to break the news for her.

" What? " She asked in a rushed and scared tone.

" I screwed up " I commented with a sigh. " It g-got more tangled, sorry " I added, not trying to laugh at her look and it was priceless. 

" No, no and no Mason please no. Help dude you make me stuck, you find a solution " She screamed while walking around me in circles. Did I say that she can be a little bossy with a hint of craziness?

" Calm down Mia, please. I'll try again just stop moving " I raised my voice so she can her me through her screams for help. She was like a siren. So loud and annoying.

I know it was bad and all, but I couldn't resist taking a picture of her. I pulled out my phone and snapped a quick picture without her seeing me, then I received a message from Alexandra asking how was she, so I decided on filming her and sending her the video. Talk about perfect timing.

Mia stopped moving after she saw me holding my phone and pointing it at her. " Mason. I swear to God, if you send it to anyone I'll kill you then drop your body to the wild dogs to eat you then throw your leftovers to the fish. Don't test me " She threatened with a glared, well um, she tried to glare. It was too cute with her rosie chubby cheeks.

I just burst out of laughing then put my phone down and surrendered. " I'm sorry, it was too funny. I just send it to Alex " I assured her and she sat on the bed.

" What should I do? " When she cried out, we heard a knock on the door. We turned out attention towards it and saw Holly with an amused expression on her face. She looked simply beautiful, as always. It was hard to describe her beauty, but if I had to, I'd say warm, soft and delicate.

When I saw that drunken man on her trying to force himself over her, I felt furious and wanted to kill him. I saw red. And when I saw her elbow injury and blood, I got more angry.

It was strange for me to feel like that about someone other than Mia and Alexandra.

" Do you need help? " Holly asked with a small smile. She looked tired. " You look like you need it " she stated to Mia.

Mia blushed and looked at the floor. " Y-yes, well... I'm stuck and Mason made it so much worse " She replied then glared at me.

So, she's shy around Holly and so rude and bossy around me?  What happened to the world?

Holly chuckled then walked towards us. " Let me see " she said then began untangling her hair from the sweater in careful moves. It took more that  five minutes to release her, yet she did it. I just stared at her facial expressions the entire time she was helping Mia.

" There you go " Holly announced with a wider smile. Mia looked up and breathed deeply. She was relieved.

" Thank you, thank you, thank you " Mia stood up and hugged Holly tightly. She was surprised by her sudden action.

Holly patted her back and looked at her happy face. " You're welcome Mia, now did you eat? " She asked, looking at the both of us.

" No " We both answered.

" Order Pizza or Chinese? " She asked again. " I vote for Pizza " she added.

" Pizza " Mia countered I nodded.

I didn't care. And Pizza was good too.

°°°°°

Hello

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Note: This month_January, I'll be busy with very important exams for my future since it's my last year in high school, so the updates may or may not be slow. I'll try to update when I get the time, hope you understand ♡

Please vote and comment ♛