Chapter 31

Holly

"Who might that be?" Mason asked and I shrugged, I wasn't expecting anyone and neither did he. We got out of bed to see who was it. And to tell you that we were so surprised that we didn't talk, would be an understatement.

We saw dad in a red small car, that was wrapped up with a ribbon. He got out of it and walked towards me with a bright smile on his face. I just stayed silent while admiring the car. "Holly," Dad said then pulled out his hand and opened his palm, there was a key in it. The car key. I arched my eyebrows are him not following where he wanted to go with that.

"What?" I asked. Mason rolled his eyes and nudged my shoulder. "What?" I asked him this time, kind of irritated. That feeling sucks when you don't know what the hell is going on while others do.

"That's yours" Dad explained in a cheerful tone. I just stared at the car keys and didn't say a word. Maybe I was just overwhelmed! I honestly didn't know what to say.

"Take it!" Mason urged and I looked into dad's eyes. They were sincerely happy like they were glowing and that was a sight I never saw after my mom died. It was refreshing to see it all over again after years.

"Why?" I finally spoke then waited for his answer.

"Because you deserved it. You worked hard for a few years at a gas station just to save up money and buy a new car. And yes, Holly. I know. I know that you stayed up late to study for your finals, I know that you love helping people. And just because I was distant doesn't mean that I don't know my daughter because I do" He cleared then gave me a long hug that I longed from him for a long time. I closed my eyes because the tears were threatening to fall and I didn't want my emotions to get the best of me. Not in front of them. I wrapped my arms around his torso and smiled.

He knew me. He knew what I was doing all along! 

"Thanks, dad" I whispered then raised my head to look at him. "I love you and I'm sorry for the past years, I've been distant too. I didn't share what I was feeling with you back then but now, it will all going to change. And I'll start with this: I'm happy, dad, I'm super happy to know that I got back my hero who I lost the day my mom died. I feel relieved and delighted like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders that has begun to ache" I exclaimed then kissed his cheek. He smiled back and ruffled my hair like he u8sed to do when I was younger.

"I missed you," He said then handed me the keys. "Let's go for a ride" He added and I got excited.

"Can we go see Mia and Alexandra? I really need to see some girls in my life!" I asked Mason and he thought about it for a bit. I knew that it's not safe to get out of the house since the bad guys were looking for me but I didn't want to be caged in my own house while doing nothing. I was afraid of something I wasn't sure if I needed to be afraid of.

He looked at dad then sighed. "Okay, let me grab my jacket first," he said and walked into the house. I had everything I needed with me, which was my phone. I sat in my driver's seat and dad sat next to me. Mason got out of the house, locked the door and walked towards my new car. "Let's go" He patted the head of my seat and I drove off. Lucky for me, I had my license since I turned 17.

•••

"Mia, get out of the house now, you and Alex too" Mason was talking with Mia on the phone when I parked in their driveway. "It's a surprise, get out now," He said then hung up the phone. I turned my head and looked at him. "She didn't believe me at first" He laughed and I chuckled, dad just smiled.

"Well, that's Mia for you" I stated and he nodded knowing what I said was the reality. We heard the door open and looked up ahead to see Mia and Alex with wide smiles on their beautiful faces. I jumped out of the car and dashed to them. I hugged them like I didn't see them in years. That what you would feel when you live with Mason.

"Holly! We missed you" Mia said with a bright smile. 

"How have you been?" Alex asked and I let go of them, Mason and dad got out of the car and stood next to us.

"Great, guys, this is my dad. Dad and these are Mia and Alexandra, Mason's sisters" I introduced.

"I know who they are, hello girls. You can call me Michael if you want to" Dad pulled out his hand and shook hands with them.

"Nice to meet you Michael, welcome" Alex greeted with a sweet smile. 

Mia looked at me then at the car. "Is that yours?" She asked and I nodded. "Awesome" She commented then we walked inside. Alex was so generous with us. She served us cakes and coffee and she even wanted to order food just for us but dad and I refused because that would be rude and we were not hungry. Mason just ate cakes in silence. He looked cute though.

After we talked and bonded more, we decided to head home. We got out of the house and walked to the car. As I was about to open the car door, we heard a big noise coming at lightning speed to us. I wanted to tell Dad and Mason to get in the car because I had a bad feeling but as I was about to speak, we heard a gunshot and everything turned black.

~~~

 Hello :)

I hope you liked it. The full book is on inkitt.

 The full book is on inkitt