Chapter 30

Mason

 "Fine, but if I know that you hurt her in any way, I will haunt you down and kill you. My baby girl is a diamond. My diamond, clear?" her dad asked in a firm tone and I felt scared for just a nanosecond but that was fathers for you. They care. He cared for his daughter and that made me happy.

"Roger that sir"' I replied with total confidence. Holly got up and walked to the kitchen leaving me with her dad. Alone. He waited for her to be out of sight when he got closer to me and crossed his arms. "Do you need anything?" I asked in a polite tone because it was clear that he had something he wanted to say or ask.

He nodded and prepared for the blow. "How has she been these days?" He asked and I let out a breath I didn't know that I was holding. "I've been away long enough to see her smiling more often, she even decided to call me dad! She never called me dad after her mom passed away. She always called me: father. When I got a message from her the other day and she referred to me as Dad, I felt delighted. I admit that I was a little distant from her after that horrible day, but I guess being away from your loved ones makes you realize the mistakes you've made unintentionally. I hurt her, Mason, and I want to fix that" He explained in a quiet tone so that Holly couldn't hear him. I stared at him for a few seconds then smiled at him.

I patted his shoulder. "Sir, you are already fixing it by admitting that. You realized your mistakes and that's a good start. I'd advise you to speak with her in private and you should also explain why you have been away. Elaborate your reasons so that she could learn the truth in the clearer way possible. She deserves to know" I countered truthfully then rested my elbows on my knees.

He zoned out for a bit until he snapped out of it. "You are right son! I will talk to her later today" He replied and I nodded in agreement. "I want to ask another thing and your answer better be what I'm hoping for" He added and I felt nervous all of a sudden. I nodded for him to continue and he stood up so I stood up too. "Mason... Did you and Holly...um, do it?I know that she said that she is still a virgin but you know, I need to make sure of it..." He asked and my eyes widened and my cheeks turned red. As I was about to answer, I saw Holly with a red face walking fast behind her dad and she slapped his head. He turned around and placed his palm on his head. "What was that for?" He whined like a small kid. That was a first!

Holly walked next to me and put her hand on my shoulder. "For that stupid and personal question of yours" She exclaimed and I didn't know what to do so I just listened in silence. "Seriously dad, don't ask these embarrassing questions ever again" She added in a frustrated tone. She looked too cute that I wanted to pinch her cheeks but didn't.

"It's not my fault that I want to know my daughter's business. I have the right to know and the answer should be simple; Yer or No" He defended himself and I sighed. I can't be on his bad side, he was my girl's dad.

"No sir, we didn't do it. I'm waiting until I put a ring on it, I respect her and I wouldn't go against her well. She decides" I said with a serious tone. I was waiting for the right time to mention that I want to marry her in the future and that was it. She looked at me in awe and I smiled at her then leaned down and kissed her forehead. I'd have gone for her lips but I didn't want to be murdered by her dad. "I love you" I whispered in her ear and she hid her face in my chest. I glanced at her dad to see him walking out of the living room. Thank you, sir!

"I love you too, and that was a smart move you did there. Kiss the girl's forehead in front of her father to gain more of his respect" She said with a smirk and I grinned. She was meant for me. I cupped her cheeks in my hands and nodded. I made sure that her dad was nowhere in sight and kissed her lips gently. I put everything in that kiss, from possessiveness to love. She was my sweet angel.

As we parted, we heard a bump coming out of the kitchen, it was so loud so we ran to see what was happening. When we entered the kitchen, we saw her dad with a tray in his hands standing near the counter, wearing his smirk. "Good, I gave you guys a minute of privacy, how did that go?"He asked and we laughed. "I see that you made breakfast, it looks delicious," He said to Holly and she grabbed three empty plates.

"I sure did, now let's eat," She said and we began eating.

****

Holly and her dad sat in her room and talked for at least two hours, in that time, I went to Marcel's place after we talked on the phone, I asked him if there was an update on the current situation and when he knew that she was with her dad, he told me to come over and take her notes from college. He stood to his words. I went to his house and we talked for about half an hour about her safety and we made up plans if anything to ever happen. I bid my goodbyes to Marcel and returned home. To my angel.

I sat in my room alone until I heard a knock. "Come in," I said and sat properly on the bed. Holly opened the door and closed it behind her. She walked towards me and sat on my lap. "Hey" I hugged her and she closed her eyes.

"Hey" She whispered and I breathed into her scent. "He explained everything to me, he had to go to Holland so that the loan that he took from the bank won't destroy our lives" She cleared and I kissed her cheek. She looked sad.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded. "Where is he now?" I asked again and she opened her eyes and looked at me.

"He said he had to go somewhere for an important meeting" She replied. I fell on my back on the mattress and brought her down with me. "Mason!" She giggled and I squeezed her tight. I didn't want her to leave my side. 

"What?" I asked innocently and ran my hand through her beautiful hair. She rolled her eyes and kissed my lips. We stayed in bed, cuddling until we heard a car honk from the outside. I looked at Holly and she raised her eyebrows in confusion. "Who might that be?" I asked and she shrugged. We got out of bed to see who was that. 

We were so surprised that we didn't talk. When? How?

****

hey guys.

I hope you liked it and please vote and comment.

The book is completed on inkitt, so I will stop posting this book here so you can go to inkitt via the link in my bio.