Chapter 34

Make sure to read chapter 31, 32, 33, 34,35, 36 in order.

Mason 

It had been five months since Holly was in a coma. She didn't show any signs of waking up or improving and the doctors were worried which made me curse the day I was even in a gang regardless of the circumstances. It was all my fault!

All she did was stutter in her deep slumber. My angel looked like she was in pain, confusion and most of all, she looked lost. I wanted to help her so bad but I knew that the only thing I was cable of doing for her was catching the gang who shot her and end them forever. Josh, Micheal, Marcel and I have been working with the police department and the FBI for four months.

It turned out that the FBI was searching for the same gang that shot Holly because one of the gang members killed an FBI agent, he was burned alive, and when they knew about us, they requested our help. They knew that Josh and I were an ex-members but they thought that it was a good thing and they didn't arrest us. We had pieces of information on the gang itself and all their hideouts, so we have been searching every one of them but so far, we had nothing.

"Mr. Coke, we received this letter today and it is for you. Here you go, I think it's important" The FBI agent who was escorting us where ever we go handed me a white envelope. I looked at him in confusion and stared at the envelope like it was going to eat me alive. I had a gut feeling that it was not good.

"Why did a letter that was meant for me, be sent to your workplace?" I asked, feeling scared and something was off. I wanted to open it but I was afraid of the news. 

"Maybe whoever sent it wanted to make sure that it got to you, open it," Mia pointed out while holding Holly's hand. We were all gathered in her hospital room waiting for her to open those beautiful green eyes. I nodded and took a deep breath. I opened it and my eyes wandered around the words, which were written in a deep black ink. I started reading it in my head.

 "My son, Mason. If you are reading this letter, know that your mom and I are dead but in a better place. 

My boy, we missed you so much, you and your sisters. We love you all and we wanted you to know that we had no other choice but to do what we have done, which we regret deeply. Mason, we disappeared from your lives not because we didn't want you, we disappeared because we were kidnapped by a gang and I believe it's the same gang that you worked with to help raise your little sister.

I know that it might be shocking to read that but I have to tell you everything. We I was 27, I stumbled upon a bad group of drunk men. We had a drink together and one thing led to another. I got stuck in problems that I thought I fixed when I married your mom. But, I didn't. I screwed things up when they knew that I had a family. They kidnapped us and threatened to kill Mia if we don't do as they say. 

We did everything that they ordered to keep you guys safe. Yet it was never enough. We knew about your life Mason and Holly which is a fine young woman who deserved every ounce of your love, don't hurt her son. We know what happened to her and we know that she's in a coma. We know because I was the one who shot her. 

I was a sniper in the navy son, they knew. They took advantage of it and played us. The day I shot her, Mia was standing outside near Alex, right? The gang had someone from afar point a gun at her if I didn't shoot Holly in the head. I was scared, son, your mom was terrified so I had to do what I had to do. I shot her but I tried to avoid the center of her brain, I shot her from the right side because I knew that it won't kill her. I knew that. Your mom knew that but they didn't know it. 

Well, if you are reading it, then they knew that she is still alive. Be careful Mason and protect her with your life. I sincerely apologize to her family. Micheal, I'm sorry and my mistake cannot be forgiven but please do not blame our son or family for my mistake. We love you guys, and the second page is a map for their current hideout. Take them down!"

As I finished reading it, I was in a pool of tears, my tears. All those years and they have been alive and needed to be saved. I messed things up! Holly got hurt because of me. I cried out loud for the first time since Holly's incident. I didn't care that I was not alone, I just cried my heart out. 

Alex and Micheal took the letter and read it out loud for everyone else, I just didn't hear them. I felt suffocated and trapped. I walked around the room for awhile feeling paranoid with a panic attack, I forgot how to breathe until I felt a firm hand on my shoulder. I stopped and looked at Micheal with swollen eyes. I almost fainted because I wasn't breathing but he looked at me with a sad expression. 

"Breathe son, relax" He ordered and I took a deep breathe then stared at him. As I wanted to get down on my knees and apologize to him and Holly, he grabbed both of my shoulders and squeezed them hard. "Do not say a word and hear me out! It's not your fault Mason. And It's not your parents' fault. It's the gang's fault, they did that to Holly and they killed your parents, that's why you are gonna calm down so we can go and take them down. We know where they are and how to get them all. Have faith Mason and I don't and won't blame you for what happened to my daughter. Help us catch the real criminals so we can get back here, to Holly's side. I'm so sorry for your lose Mason but life doesn't stop for the dead, it moves on for the living" He encouraged me with sad eyes. I knew that it was hard for him and I needed to be strong. I didn't want to be weak.

I wiped my tears with my palms and sniffed. "O-okay, let's go and arrest those bastards," I said then looked at Holly. "Angel, I will be right back. Please stay strong for me, baby" I whispered near her ear and kissed her forehead. "Alex, Mia keep an eye on her. Sir, let's go" I pointed out for the FBI agent and he nodded then pulled out his phone.

"Get S.W.A.T and backup, we know where they are," He said then turned off his phone. "Let's go, gentlemen, it's time to put an end to their games" and we walked out.

****

hello :)