CHAPTER 1

So, I don't know how this will go. It is my first fanfic and I don't know how to do this. It's also. a bit cliche but who cares? Ok, enjoy! :-)

-------------------------------------

''Beth, wake up!! School time''

''Mum, please, I'm begging you, can I just skip today's school?''

''Elisabeth Catherine Morgan, cut the craps and get up''

~~

So, now here I am, in the girls' bathroom crying. And it's all his fucking fault! Fuck you Nathan!

You're the greatest best friend, you know! Making me go to a fucking class I don't even want to go! If I ever go there again I'm gonna throw up on Miranda's fucking new shoes she couldn't stop talking about. But let me take it from the top.

I'm Elizabeth Catherine Morgan, but since I hate both of my names I prefer being called Beth. So I, Beth, am the biggest failure in the whole universe. No scratch that. Me and my fucking best friend Nathan.

Thank God we have each other. I think we couldn't get through everything without each other. But of course there are times like these I'm wondering why I'm even friends with him. So, here's what happened.

As every other morning I was waiting for him outside of his house. I wanted to talk to him about the music class we've taken part in to get a better grade. But Miranda Hollister, who we both hated, was going to take part in this class too. I knew she would make my life a living hell so I was just supposed to dump this class and do something else.

Then, Nathan got out.

''So Nathan, I want to talk to you about the class'' I started but he cut me out.

''You know, Miranda is gonna be there too''.

''Yeah, I know. I can't keep up thi-" and then it hit me. "Wait! How the hell do you even know that?'' I asked suspiciously.

''Um...Well..'' he hesitated.

''Nathan! I can't believe it!'' I yelled ''How could you ever do this to me? You know how much I hate her!''

''But Beth-'' I cut him.

''No buts Nathan! You are supposed to be my best friend!'' I kept yelling.

''Beth...''

''Fuck off Nathan'' I yell and ran as fast as I could to get away from him.

I was about to get to the class when I fell into somebody.

''Shit! I'm so sorry''

''No it's my fault. I should've seen were I was going'' he answered.

I looked up at his crystal blue eyes. I could but get lost at them. Fuck Beth stop thinking like that! Luke Hemmings is dating Miranda, remember?

Then I noticed that he was talking to someone. And that someone was Nathan.

And of course there was Miranda, trying to flirt with him. I mean, oh gosh, sure they're dating but I'm gonna puke. I have every right, don't I?

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to think about it cause Mrs Stanford walked in the class and everybody sat down. The only empty seat was next to whom? With my luck, Luke Hemmings. I took the seat and I could notice Miranda staring at me. I must have starting freaking out a lot or just Luke somehow found out because he leaned and whispered in my ear.

''B, calm down''

His accent was so hot as he whispered and his breath was tickling me. And he knew my name, not to mention the cute nickname! I mean, sure he was in my maths class, but I thought he didn't know I exist.

''Yeah, right.'' I whispered back quickly right before Mrs Stanford started talking.

''So, I know this is your first day in this, but is there anyone who wants to show us his talent?''

Of course Miranda raised her hand and asked to sing with somebody. Mrs Stanford agreed. And why shouldn't she? I was gonna give a thousand dollars that she would choose Luke.

''Miss Morgan, excuse me for waking you up, but you are needed on the stage.'' Mrs Stanford said.

I was like 'wtf' but then Luke told me. Fuck. Just Fuck. This couldn't be happening. Not to me.

Miranda asked to sing with ME? Shit shit shit shit shit!

''Um.. Wellll... Okay'' I managed to say. This was so wrong, I knew it wasn't going to end well, for me at least.

I got up, grabbed a microphone and walked next to Miranda. She started signing and everybody was just impressed! And they should be! I hate to admit it but she rocked. And then it was my turn.

I felt my tummy turning in and I couldn't talk. I tried to but I couldn't. Everybody was laughing at me, except Luke and Nathan.They were staring at me trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. The next thing I did was  drop the mic and run away from all of them with tears dripping down my face.

And now here I am. Sitting down at the toilet's floor crying my eyes out.

Fuck Nathan. Fuck Miranda. But I don't mean it. At least for Nathan. I just couldn't sing. I haven't sung since my father died. It's been almost a year but I only sang with him. As he played his guitar. But now.. He's gone. I know I have to sing someday but not now. I just.. I just can't.