CHAPTER 16

I know I took ages to write but I finally did it. So, here it is.

-------------------------------------

I'm off Nathan's and heading towards Luke. My mum had to stay for a little more on this business trip thing so I'm still at Luke's. Things are a little awkward now but I like this whole 'let's live together in my house' trip. Tomorrow I have to go back to school and face her again. How am I gonna do that? And especially now that me and Luke are in the same house? And have kissed? TWICE?

Oh, great I'm here. Beth, you can do this. Just go in there like nothing happened between you and him. I know, you love him but get over that. It can't happen. And as long as Miranda has the video.

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket.

''What now, Nathan?''

''So, you don't wanna know?'' he asks in a tone.

''Know what?'' I ask.

Sorry, but I'm curious.

''That's my girl. So, I told Luke about the video thing.'' he says.

''You did WHAT?'' I yell on the phone.

''Don't worry hun. He got it.''

''Nathan, why?'' I ask whispering. I thought it wouldn't be a good idea yelling even more right outside of Luke's door. Right?

''Never mind. The best part is that, with the help of the guys and-who else?- me, he stole her phone and deleted everything.'' he admits proudly.

''What?'' I was speechless. But then it hit me. ''What if she has a backup copy? Fuck, I'm screwed.'' I say in desperation.

''I'm not finished yet. Michael's dating Megan.''

''And what does that have to do with my problem?'' I ask kinda irritated.

''Megan? Miranda's-'' I cut him off.

''Sister? Shit!'' I exclaim.

''I know, right? Okay so, Megan doesn't like the way her sister treats. And, in few words, she made sure Miranda had no backup. Not one.'' he says.

''Seriously?'' I say in disbelief.

''Seriously.'' he replies.

''OMG, Nathan thank you so much. So so much.'' I scream without caring anymore.

''Okay, I gotta go now. I somebody calls.''

''Kk, bye.'' I greet and hung up.

Okay, my life rocks. Literally. I have the best friends ever and I almost dump them for something as stupid as Miranda.

''Beth!'' Calum yells as soon as I enter the house.

''Cal!'' I yell and fall in his open arms.

''Hey, girl!'' Ashton yells hugging me.

 ''Hey, boy!'' I yell and hug him.

''Where's Mich-'' I begin but then I see him sitting on the couch with his arm around a girl's shoulder.

''Hey, Beth, I'm Megan.'' she greets. ''But everyone calls me Meg.''

''Meg, hi.'' I say. ''Hey, um, I wanted to thank you about, um, you know, the video.'' I say shyly.

''Yeah, no problem. My sister is such a bitch sometimes.'' she says looking at me with sympathy.

''Why haven't I see you around?'' I ask after a minute.

''Me and Miranda got into a pretty nasty fight so I moved away and I go to a school closer to my apartment. I know, for the eighteen year-old me it's soon but I can have some actual peace in there without Miranda groaning about the weight she has put on. I swear, that girl's ego is bigger than her closet.'' she laughs.

''I thought I was the only one who thought of that.'' I laugh too.

''Looks like you're not.'' she replies with a smile.

Then, I notice something is missing.

''Guys, what happened to Luke?'' I ask.

''Oh, he's having a shower taking his time as usual.'' Calum laughs.

''I heard that!'' Luke says walking down the stairs.

''You were supposed to.'' Calum replies.

A phone rings and Calum says to everyone to be quiet.

''Steph, hi. Yeah, you? Okay. We're at Luke's with the guys. Yeah, sure they can come. Okay, see ya in a while.''

About five minutes later Luke's living room is full with people. Everyone is here as always. It's pretty cool actually, having nerds and popular kids hanging out with each other. And I can tell that we will see Megan more often.

~~

''We need to talk.'' Luke says as soon as we stay alone.

''About what?'' I ask.

''About this... Us.'' he replies.

''There's nothing to talk about.'' I insist. ''It was just a kiss and it didn't mean a thing.''

''Oh, really?'' he asks.

''Yeah. Why should it? Because it happened twice?'' I ask.

''No. Cause it's gonna happen again.'' he says and pushes me against the wall while kissing me.

''That was...wow.'' I say as soon as I catch my breath back.

''Yeah, wow.'' he replies.

''That was completely necessary?'' I ask regarding to the wall where I still was pinned to.

''Not for that moment. But for now.'' he says.

I look at him confused.

''Okay, Beth, here's the thing. Since I saw you sitting behind me at Maths I lost it. Completely. You were just so perfect in your own way and that was just... perfect. I wanted to talk to you for ages but I couldn't because I thought that I would make a fool of myself if I said anything. And now that I have you, I almost let you go. And it's about time for me to shut up, so I'll just ask it.''

He takes a minute to breath and shallows hard before he speaks again, this time saying what I wanted to hear.

''Would you like to be my girlfriend?''

''Luke, I..'' I start but I can't find the right words to say. I just grab his face in my hands and kiss him passionately. He is surprised but he kisses back.

''So, I'll take that as a yes?'' he asks.

I nod.

''Can you please move so I won't be on the wall, please?'' I ask.

''Not before I get another kiss.'' he says with a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

Suddenly, I'm a little happy his mother isn't around too often.

-------------------------------------

Finally, they're together. I was planning on making this a little later but I couldn't wait either so here it is. Love ya all so much.

xoxox ;-)